PDA

View Full Version : Is mobile phones the real future for us.

teddybear1873
02-Sep-11, 23:39
With laptops, Ipads, HD telly's, mobile phones, blu-ray players etc etc big on "I want one those now" Are mobile phones the real future for us?

I just purchased a Motorla Photon 4G and I have to say I'm blown away on what it can do.

It's small enough to fit in your pocket, but big enough to play with....No pun jokes there please :Razz

I've cancelled my home phone cause I can now use Skype on the phone which is far less on what I was paying with my home phone per month.

I can download films and output in full 1080p so I really don't need a blu-ray player.

I have just as much power and usage on my mobile than I do on my laptop.

I can listen and download music for little cost.

It plays 720p video, so I don't need a separate camcorder.

I can read a book, who needs a Kindle?

It has an impressive 8 mega pixel camera, so again really don't need to have another camera.

I have thousands of widgets and apps than I can download from the Android Market.

Does anyone think blu-ray players, camcorders, camera's, laptops etc are going to be less and less as mobile phones are having more crammed on them than ever before?

orkneycadian
02-Sep-11, 23:42
Can I call you on it though?

How does it fare during frequent periods (as reported on here) of "Does anyone else have no O2/Vodafone/Tesco Mobile service in Wick/Thurso/Groats? Mines been off for days...."

teddybear1873
03-Sep-11, 00:03
Can I call you on it though?

How does it fare during frequent periods (as reported on here) of "Does anyone else have no O2/Vodafone/Tesco Mobile service in Wick/Thurso/Groats? Mines been off for days...."

I can't talk for Caithness, cause I don't even know what the reception is there anymore. Where I am, I have 4G which I can download between 8-11mbps and thats on the phone network.

What I'm mainly going on about is the hardware and software thats now installed on these phones, and I'm sure it will only improve and more added

ducati
03-Sep-11, 00:54
My 3G phone is bliddy useless in Caithness (and not much better in Manchester) so...no.

teddybear1873
03-Sep-11, 02:20
My 3G phone is bliddy useless in Caithness (and not much better in Manchester) so...no.

Bummer, must suck big time lol.

ducati
03-Sep-11, 09:16
Bummer, must suck big time lol.

Smoke signals might be the way to go. (Although pretty soon I fear, half the county would be on fire) :eek:

orkneycadian
03-Sep-11, 09:21
I can listen and download music for little cost.

Whats this "little cost" bit? ;)

EDDIE
03-Sep-11, 10:29
Its amazing the amount of tech u can fit in a fone these days only downside is your prity restricted in data allowance so u have to be really careful on what u download some of these modern phones that now come with a personal hotspot which turns your phone into a wireless router is quite handy to have.I just wish they would hurry up and put a led projector on the phone

teddybear1873
03-Sep-11, 13:41
Whats this "little cost" bit? ;)

Little, as in wee, as in maybe free or maybe pay a little. Catch my drift? :cool:

oldmarine
03-Sep-11, 21:17
My cell phone and the one for my wife are on a senior citizen's plan. Hardly use them except for emergency. Guess we are too old fashioned to change. Such is life.

orkneycadian
03-Sep-11, 22:52
Is mobile phones the real future for us.

Does it have a grammar checker in it?

Dadie
03-Sep-11, 23:11
My house phone is too big to be inadvertantly dropped down the loo, while my mobile has had a dunking because it fell out my pocket...so if they make mobiles waterproof and with decent coverage of signal it will win over the house phone, but the house phone can work in a mobile black zone and in a powercut....besides if you have a corded house phone you know where it is!
FIGHT?