PDA

View Full Version : 9/11

ducati
02-Sep-11, 22:28
Well, 10th anniversary.

What are the latest crop of conspiracy theorys? I haven't been keeping up.

orkneycadian
02-Sep-11, 22:50
The latest crop? Probably no different to what they were 9.9 years ago! Its just that we have 9.9 years of ever more suspicious behaviour to confirm them!

orkneycadian
03-Sep-11, 19:33
Why, whats your thinking Duke?

golach
03-Sep-11, 19:59
My Daughter in Law, her mother and my 16 year old Grandaughter are members of the Lothian & Borders Police choir, who have been invited by Mayor Bloomberg to sing in New York next week for the 10th anniversary of 9/11, if you want to hear them go to You Tube and look for Lothian & Borders Police choir...............I am so proud of them

oldmarine
03-Sep-11, 21:10
The latest crop? Probably no different to what they were 9.9 years ago! Its just that we have 9.9 years of ever more suspicious behaviour to confirm them!
Yes, nearly 10 more years to gather more made-up stuff to exploit.

orkneycadian
04-Sep-11, 11:40
A question for Teddybear1873, Oldmarine and any other residents of "Caithness West" :)

I have read in number of places online (so it must be true then! ;) ) that something like 85% of Americans no longer believe that they are being told the whole truth about the events of September 2001.

Is that tosh or actually representative of what people think over there?

Margaret M.
04-Sep-11, 16:43
that something like 85% of Americans no longer believe that they are being told the whole truth about the events of September 2001.

Is that tosh or actually representative of what people think over there?

I don't believe 85% of what the government tells us about anything, including 9/11.

RecQuery
05-Sep-11, 08:04
Considering governments can't keep anything secret I'm pretty confident there are no shadowy conspiracies or reptilian aliens running the planet. I mean okay you could make the argument that those other leaks and scandals are staged to created that impression, but that's unlikely and suffers from the same failings. Now corporation on the other hand...

ducati
05-Sep-11, 08:27
Considering governments can't keep anything secret I'm pretty confident there are no shadowy conspiracies or reptilian aliens running the planet. I mean okay you could make the argument that those other leaks and scandals are staged to created that impression, but that's unlikely and suffers from the same failings. Now corporation on the other hand...

Yep. If they can't keep the President's sex life a secret, we can be pretty sure there are no aliens stashed in Area 51:Razz

Corrie 3
05-Sep-11, 09:19
The latest theory is that it was all caused by a person from the far North of Scotland who was so incensed at the lack of disabled parking at the twin towers!!!

C3.............:roll::roll:

Green_not_greed
05-Sep-11, 12:24
Well, 10th anniversary.

Apparently they're now saying it was all down to global warming......

oldmarine
05-Sep-11, 22:15
I don't believe 85% of what the government tells us about anything, including 9/11.

What the heck. Americans still don't want to believe the events of what happened before, during, and after WW2. They can be told the truth but many don't want to know the truth or at least believe the truth.

cullpacket
06-Sep-11, 05:43
Must say that the demolition squad never got any credit for such a dam good job best I have seen!!

ducati
06-Sep-11, 07:44
Why, whats your thinking Duke?

Apparently, a bunch of very angry middle eastern gentlemen did it.

mi16
06-Sep-11, 12:23
Must say that the demolition squad never got any credit for such a dam good job best I have seen!!

That is an absolute bloody disgrace.

bcsman
06-Sep-11, 18:05
For once i do agree with Mi16 on this

That is an absolute bloody disgrace.

mi16
06-Sep-11, 19:15
hoorah.......

cullpacket
07-Sep-11, 10:16
Think you missed the point mi16 it was a terrible thing what happened the americans killing there own the point I was trying to get accross was that the buildings did not fall over they were hit two thirds up, Who pressed the button that made them collapse from the ground up??

golach
07-Sep-11, 10:20
Think you missed the point mi16 it was a terrible thing what happened the americans killing there own the point I was trying to get accross was that the buildings did not fall over they were hit two thirds up, Who pressed the button that made them collapse from the ground up??
For goodness sake this conspiracy theory has been hammered to death here by Fred, try looking at some older threads.

RecQuery
07-Sep-11, 10:52

Actual fire investigators and explosives experts all over the world have investigated this and proven that it wasn't the case regardless of what amateurs with just enough knowledge to be dangerous have said. I'll pull out references if required. See my previous post about the government being unable to hide anything, you think if this or other theories were true that reputable people wouldn't say it and provide proof, for a start they'd get a lot of money and fame, secondly no supposed secret organisation, cabal or oligarchy would possibly go after them once it's in the public eye.

orkneycadian
07-Sep-11, 11:03
.....the point I was trying to get across was that the buildings did not fall over they were hit two thirds up

....except for WTC7 which wasn't hit, yet still performed a perfect freefall collapse into its own footprint that Fred Dibnah would have been proud of! In fact, Fred would have been proud of the perfect footprint collapse of the 2 towers too. When trees get hacked out on one side (by axe or chainsaw) they fall in the direction of the hack. When Fred hacked away a section of a chimney, replaced the missing bricks with props, then set fire to the props, the chimney fell in the direction. Hack an asymmetric chuck out of a building or 2 with some alleged planes, and it still manages to freefall into its own footprint?

If this is the case, then demolition experts the world over might need to start worrying about their jobs - Seems you dont need to be expert in your field - Just set off a random explosion or fire anywhere in a tall building and it will neatly collapse onto itself - Job done!

Anfield
07-Sep-11, 11:40
Forget the conspiracy theories and deal with facts.
Since 9/11, tens of thousands of innocent people have been killed as a direct result of the aftermath of this incident.
Whether they be Soldiers engaged in warfare or innocent civilians it appears, given the ongoing atrocities on all sides, that the World is no safer now then it was 10 years ago

RecQuery
07-Sep-11, 12:26
Relevant article on one of the sites I read - http://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/11-09-07/#feature (9/11 and the Science of Controlled Demolitions)

orkneycadian
07-Sep-11, 12:46
Interesting post - Wish I could get steel on stubborn balers and the likes to be as east to work with as that steel on the WTC! Seems aluminium can cut through it like a hot knife through butter, without even breaking off fragile bits like wing tips.

Gotta get me some aircraft aluminium hacksaw blades, I think!

Gizmo
07-Sep-11, 14:10
Well, 10th anniversary.

Well, it wasn't my fault. I have a cast iron alibi. I was in The Camps Bar all day with Elvis, Adolf, Glen Miller, D.B Cooper and Shergar.

Or was I? ;)

ducati
07-Sep-11, 14:50
I didn't mean for you all to start coming up with them, you bunch of nutters! [lol]

NickInTheNorth
07-Sep-11, 14:52
Who pressed the button that made them collapse from the ground up??

You really need to watch the video again, they collapse from the top down!

cullpacket
07-Sep-11, 15:47
I got it wrong as usuall exploded from the top down http://911review.org/Wget/members.fortunecity.com/911/wtc/tower-explosions.htm

oldmarine
08-Sep-11, 04:17
I got it wrong as usuall exploded from the top down http://911review.org/Wget/members.fortunecity.com/911/wtc/tower-explosions.htm

Very convincing evidence!

mi16
08-Sep-11, 07:11
the buildings did not explode they collapsed

Phill
08-Sep-11, 07:38
Well, it wasn't my fault. I have a cast iron alibi. I was in The Camps Bar all day with Elvis, Adolf, Glen Miller, D.B Cooper and Shergar.

Or was I? ;)Just what were you doing with Shergar?

(or is a that a question for a different type of forum?)

mi16
08-Sep-11, 07:50
Just what were you doing with Shergar?

Riding it bareback most likely

Phill
08-Sep-11, 08:07
Riding it bareback most likelyPhew, I'm glad there was no roasting going on.

Phill
08-Sep-11, 08:09
Anyway, for you tin foil hatters:

Just who perpetrated this conspiracy, exactly how and why?

Walter Ego
08-Sep-11, 08:13
Oh no, I'm agreeing with Anfield again....:Razz

Walter Ego
08-Sep-11, 08:16
Anyway, for you tin foil hatters:

Just who perpetrated this conspiracy, exactly how and why?

It's obvious! It's 'Them'!

ducati
08-Sep-11, 08:36
It's obvious! It's 'Them'!

Them! :eek: They are at it again!

RecQuery
08-Sep-11, 09:52
LOL, well evidently someone (read one of those people with a delicate disposition that sends letters to the editor and can't engage in a discussion). Felt the need to complain about my post in this thread that went:

Too soon?

I'm of the opinion that either everything is okay to make fun of and a valid comedy target or nothing is.

[9/11 Jokes to illustrate my point]

What's worse is that one of the admins hiding behind the generic moderator account took them seriously and removed the post.

The post made a perfectly valid point and didn't use 'bad' language or adult humour. Just because someone is offended by it or disagrees with it, that doesn't made it valid to remove it. I'm personally offended by all the provably wrong psychic and new age rubbish I see posted but I don't report every post. I see this as either a massive overreaction and power trip or that one of the moderation team was also offended and let personal feelings enter into a professional process.

mi16
08-Sep-11, 10:09
Your "jokes" were in extreme bad taste buddy
3000 old folk died there and you were cracking cheap gags in the name of humour or to try and prove a point.

golach
08-Sep-11, 10:12
LOL, well evidently someone (read one of those people with a delicate disposition that sends letters to the editor and can't engage in a discussion). Felt the need to complain about my post in this thread that went:

What's worse is that one of the admins hiding behind the generic moderator account took them seriously and removed the post.

The post made a perfectly valid point and didn't use 'bad' language or adult humour. Just because someone is offended by it or disagrees with it, that doesn't made it valid to remove it. I'm personally offended by all the provably wrong psychic and new age rubbish I see posted but I don't report every post. I see this as either a massive overreaction and power trip or that one of the moderation team was also offended and let personal feelings enter into a professional process.

Maybe just maybe your post did upset someone and they complained, maybe just maybe you upset more than one person, I did think they were lacking in taste, but left it to the Admin to deal with it.

RecQuery
08-Sep-11, 10:13
Your "jokes" were in extreme bad taste buddy
3000 old folk died there and you were cracking cheap gags in the name of humour or to try and prove a point.

Tons of people have died through/by/from other things that are made fun of, as I've said the principle stands: Either it's okay to make fun of everything or nothing. I didn't actually find them funny, but that's not the point. You don't censor what you disagree with or find 'offensive'

orkneycadian
08-Sep-11, 10:15
Oh er, does that mean I need to stop telling that Amy Winehouse / Michael Jackson joke?

mi16
08-Sep-11, 10:18
Tons of people have died through/by/from other things that are made fun of, as I've said the principle stands: Either it's okay to make fun of everything or nothing.

Two wrongs do not make a right pal
Just because you have heard other idiots mocking disasters or atrocities doesnt make it OK for you to also mock them.
If you must crack these sick jokes move it to the humour forum where it may be better received.

Ill bet you had a real belly laugh at the Tsunami's over the past few years eh, oh and did you hear the one about the lad killed in a car crash.......

Gizmo
08-Sep-11, 10:46
Just what were you doing with Shergar?

I was catching up on the latest gossip, right from the horses mouth :p

Walter Ego
08-Sep-11, 10:48
Tons of people have died through/by/from other things that are made fun of, as I've said the principle stands: Either it's okay to make fun of everything or nothing. I didn't actually find them funny, but that's not the point. You don't censor what you disagree with or find 'offensive'

I'd say that just about sums up my attitude to posts made on here. There's plenty that are quick to criticise others for being 'easily offended' and yet are quick themselves to become 'offended' when someone else posts something they don't like. It's like watching a text version of the Muppet Show somedays...but with most of the humour missing.

If ye canna take it......

mi16
08-Sep-11, 10:48
I was catching up on the latest gossip, right from the horses mouth :p

Brave man with those teeth

mi16
08-Sep-11, 10:50
Bert and Ernie anyone?

George Brims
08-Sep-11, 21:03
No-one, since they both collapsed from the top down. Now go and put the tinfoil hat back on your head, the alien messages must be leaking into your brain again.

mi16
09-Sep-11, 11:52
I will be glad to see the 9/11 anniversary pass quietly on here with no more sick jokes thinly veiled as debate stimuli.

orkneycadian
09-Sep-11, 17:22
Which anniversary? The 9.9945 year one? Seems an odd anniversary to commemorate.... I guess the 10th anniversary in 2 days time may be more meaningful...

Olin
09-Sep-11, 18:44
I will never forget the terrible events of 11/9 and what happened to the Pentagon, Flight 93 and also the Three Towers :(

Walter Ego
09-Sep-11, 19:03
9/11

That's just a penny short of ten bob, that is.

Corrie 3
09-Sep-11, 19:09
9/11

That's just a penny short of ten bob, that is.
Showing your age now Walter....I used to love the 10 bob note, I felt quite rich if I had one of those!!!

C3...............:lol::lol:

cherokee
09-Sep-11, 19:09
Personally, I haven't even bothered to take the time or the effort to read most of the posts on this thread......

PEOPLE DIED; LOVED ONES LOST THEIR LIVES; CHILDREN LOST PARENTS; PARENTS LOST THEIR CHILD; HUSBANDS LOST WIVES; WIVES LOST HUSBANDS......

My attitude to this whole thread is.......when you have experience of such a tradgedy/horrific act/collapsing building/..etc. etc. etc. ....then PLEASE, DO feel free to discuss said issue; until then......

I THINK A LOT OF PEOPLE SHOULD JUST KEEP QUIET and HAVE AT THE VERY LEAST; A LITTLE RESPECT FOR THE DEAD !!!.........enough said !

northener
09-Sep-11, 19:35
Personally, I haven't even bothered to take the time or the effort to read most of the posts on this thread......

PEOPLE DIED; LOVED ONES LOST THEIR LIVES; CHILDREN LOST PARENTS; PARENTS LOST THEIR CHILD; HUSBANDS LOST WIVES; WIVES LOST HUSBANDS......

My attitude to this whole thread is.......when you have experience of such a tradgedy/horrific act/collapsing building/..etc. etc. etc. ....then PLEASE, DO feel free to discuss said issue; until then......

I THINK A LOT OF PEOPLE SHOULD JUST KEEP QUIET and HAVE AT THE VERY LEAST; A LITTLE RESPECT FOR THE DEAD !!!.........enough said !

So, free speech is to be denied because Cherokee thinks we shouldn't say anything unless we are directly involved.

Great.

cherokee
09-Sep-11, 21:05
So, free speech is to be denied because Cherokee thinks we shouldn't say anything unless we are directly involved.

Great.

Thank you northener......your "reply" speaks volumes........... [disgust][disgust][disgust]

Think I'll now say "night, night" to this forum.

It was nice knowing you all ! X

Kells
10-Sep-11, 00:56

Great.

With any freedom comes responsibility, what I read here shows the responsibility of a two year old.

mi16
10-Sep-11, 07:30
Thank you northener......your "reply" speaks volumes........... [disgust][disgust][disgust]

Catch ya.....

northener
10-Sep-11, 08:31

With any freedom comes responsibility, what I read here shows the responsibility of a two year old.

Go and read the OP's post.

This is not a thread offering condolences to those involved in the 9th Sept mass murder, so to wade in and start 'shouting' about respect was over-reaction to say the least. Another example of someone being 'offended' about sod-all and expecting everyone else to toe their dull and blinkered line.

And you know something? I trawled back to the 8th of Sept and I couldn't find any thread started to offer condolences to those killed in the tragedy. So rather than do the sensible thing and open a 'serious' thread regarding 9th Sept, one of our brethren, Cherokee decided to berate all and sundry in a thread which certainly wasn't ridiculing those involved. And then do a dramatic exit (not the first time, I believe).

How grown up is that then?

gleeber
10-Sep-11, 08:56
And you know something? I trawled back to the 8th of Sept and I couldn't find any thread started to offer condolences to those killed in the tragedy. So rather than do the sensible thing and open a 'serious' thread regarding 9th Sept, one of our brethren, Cherokee decided to berate all and sundry in a thread which certainly wasn't ridiculing those involved. And then do a dramatic exit (not the first time, I believe).

Aye youve done it a few times yourself Northerner. I recall once you left with a farewell post explaining how the shrinking violets have spoilt your org experience by not allowing you to practise free speech. Personally I dont think you like being challenged.
There was a post on here that was well out of order by my standards but knowing you have different standards it may well have been acceptable to you. Anyway, that post disappeared although i think it should have been left as an example of the free speech you demand without adult responsabilty.
The orgs been brought to its knees by this kind of free speech. When 9/11 happened we regularly had over 20 members in the chatroom and 4 or 5 were North American. We never used the forums much in those days other than for information but that evolved too until now we have a monster that is out of control with the unconscious crap that before the internet came along people kept to themselves or took it out on the cat. Its a pity.

northener
10-Sep-11, 10:04
Aye youve done it a few times yourself Northerner. I recall once you left with a farewell post explaining how the shrinking violets have spoilt your org experience by not allowing you to practise free speech. Personally I dont think you like being challenged.
There was a post on here that was well out of order by my standards but knowing you have different standards it may well have been acceptable to you. Anyway, that post disappeared although i think it should have been left as an example of the free speech you demand without adult responsabilty.
The orgs been brought to its knees by this kind of free speech. When 9/11 happened we regularly had over 20 members in the chatroom and 4 or 5 were North American. We never used the forums much in those days other than for information but that evolved too until now we have a monster that is out of control with the unconscious crap that before the internet came along people kept to themselves or took it out on the cat. Its a pity.

Mea Culpa on the leaving bit.

But to clarify the matter, the first time I left was to take a break - it was the time of the great Wheelie Bin IIRC and I never 'took offence' at anyone else's posts, I just wanted to do other stuff (so many forums..so little time:Razz) and decided to let people know who I communicate with on here rather than just disappear.
Came back and got hacked off with a lot of the banal posts that seem to be appearing more and more, thought 'stuff it' and went permanently. Not as the result of an online tantrum - just a general disillusionment and that's where the difference lies IMO.

Yes, I've drifted back and I post occasionally. No fanfare, no attention seeking, no drama. But I now ignore most of what I read.....and I'm a lot more cynical these days.

As for 'not liking being challenged': That's your opinion and I know I won't change it. It is of no importance to me whatsoever how you, or anyone else, views my witterings online. I fight my corner and try to speak fairly.

Regarding 'the good old days' - you've just said exactly what I have in the past, Gleeber. It's moved on.

Me and you haven't.

But...back on topic. RecQuery didn't post up to draw humour from the situation, even said they personally didn't find any of it funny...yet, right on cue along comes someone who's opening line was "I haven't read all the posts in this thread, but...." and launches into a full-blown online dummy spit. A prime example of what my gurning was about.

And I still see no thread offering condolences, why is that then? Possibly because those who are complaining loudly about what other people are posting actually couldn't give a monkeys really. Maybe they just want to jump on the 'offended grievers' band wagon?

Over to you.(EDIT): Nearly forgot. I get the impression you're still smarting over the 'Amy Winehouse' thread......move on, Gleeber.

Kells
10-Sep-11, 10:56
Go and read the OP's post.

This is not a thread offering condolences to those involved in the 9th Sept mass murder, so to wade in and start 'shouting' about respect was over-reaction to say the least. Another example of someone being 'offended' about sod-all and expecting everyone else to toe their dull and blinkered line.

It is very obviously not a thread offering condolences so no need to point this out to anyone. I have every right to state my opinion that some of the posts on this thread are childish and pathetic but that does not mean I toe a dull or blinkered line.

mi16
10-Sep-11, 12:17
But...back on topic. RecQuery didn't post up to draw humour from the situation, even said they personally didn't find any of it funny...yet, right on cue along comes someone who's opening line was "I haven't read all the posts in this thread, but...." and launches into a full-blown online dummy spit. A prime example of what my gurning was about.

And I still see no thread offering condolences, why is that then? Possibly because those who are complaining loudly about what other people are posting actually couldn't give a monkeys really. Maybe they just want to jump on the 'offended grievers' band wagon?

Over to you.

I believe the not fiding it funny was made after the event, probably with 20/20 hindsight it was realised what an outrageous post it was.

northener
10-Sep-11, 13:20
It is very obviously not a thread offering condolences so no need to point this out to anyone. I have every right to state my opinion that some of the posts on this thread are childish and pathetic but that does not mean I toe a dull or blinkered line.

In your opinion......

Walter Ego
10-Sep-11, 14:26
Looks like Gleeber and Northerner ought to get together:

http://youtu.be/AKXlhpeb6wI

[lol] (http://youtu.be/AKXlhpeb6wI)

Kells
10-Sep-11, 15:19
In your opinion......

Yes entirely my opinion and just as valid as yours.

Kells
10-Sep-11, 15:22

that is what I call funny....:lol:

northener
10-Sep-11, 15:48

I could really go off some people, Walter.:Razz

orkneycadian
10-Sep-11, 18:48
First time I think I have come upon musical conspiracy theorists!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufZPFYOblKk&feature=related

golach
12-Sep-11, 11:23
Trying to bring a bit of respect to this thread, below are copies from facebook. I am so proud of my family

"Lothian & Borders Police Choir
are lost for words. To stand in New York, and sing, and watch people get overcome with emotion and one particular lady who lost her husband on 9/11 thanking us for being here... it is our honour and our priviledge. Overwhelmed, and grateful that life has brought us this opportunity. Thanks for having us New York."

This was posted by my Daughter in Law, who is in NY with my grand daughter singing with the Lothian and Borders police choir.....I am so proud of them

"Wow, wot an emotional rollercoaster this has been! Very very proud of what we are doing out here. When an NYPD cop comes over to you crying and gives you a hug to thank you for what you have just sang for them you realise what a great thing this is we are doing. There are no words to explain how I feel."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZXUFVeb9Bc&feature=share

oldmarine
12-Sep-11, 20:27
Sure happy that 9/11/11 is past. I saw all of that stuff 10 years ago and had to see repeat versions of it 10 years later. Almost like watching the events of WW2 repeated again & again. I certainly got tired watching all those repeats.

George Brims
12-Sep-11, 21:06

Or was I? ;)
I would assume D.B.Cooper was paying?

secrets in symmetry
13-Sep-11, 00:09
I could really go off some people, Walter.:RazzYou got a new mirror then, Walter? :cool:

secrets in symmetry
13-Sep-11, 00:22
Trying to bring a bit of respect to this thread, below are copies from facebook. I am so proud of my family

are lost for words. To stand in New York, and sing, and watch people get overcome with emotion and one particular lady who lost her husband on 9/11 thanking us for being here... it is our honour and our priviledge. Overwhelmed, and grateful that life has brought us this opportunity. Thanks for having us New York."

This was posted by my Daughter in Law, who is in NY with my grand daughter singing with the Lothian and Borders police choir.....I am so proud of them

"Wow, wot an emotional rollercoaster this has been! Very very proud of what we are doing out here. When an NYPD cop comes over to you crying and gives you a hug to thank you for what you have just sang for them you realise what a great thing this is we are doing. There are no words to explain how I feel."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZXUFVeb9Bc&feature=shareI saw that on TV yesterday, golach. I had no idea who was singing when I ventured into the living room as I heard Amazing Grace start up. It took me back 10 years in an instant, and it brought back memories of a friend who was a passenger on one of the hijacked planes. Much kudos to your family, and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

As one of the comments on YouTube says:

"My god, that would bring a tear to a stone. Astonishingly beautiful."

Kells
13-Sep-11, 00:43

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZXUFVeb9Bc&feature=share

You have every reason to feel proud of your family, they are amazing ambassadors for Scotland.

orkneycadian
13-Sep-11, 19:42
At over 2 hours long, this documentary is a very different "conspiracy theory" from the norm, even if it is rather heavy going!

http://www.911missinglinks.com/watch-movie/

If thats a bit much, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAkWNxhBWjs is a bit lighter at a mere 3 minutes 24!

Rheghead
13-Sep-11, 20:16
This is my conspiracy theory.

A loosely formed band of religious nutters (which are hellbent on forming a global theocracy) sought to destabilise a world of peace and trade by hitting planes full of fuel and unwitting innocent passengers into buildings that are symbols of said peace and trade. Unfortunately for them, they got a big shock after they underestimated the response of the gentle giant after previous attacks showed huge restraint.

orkneycadian
13-Sep-11, 20:19
Ah, but which ones were the religious nutters?

secrets in symmetry
14-Sep-11, 00:33
This is my conspiracy theory.

A loosely formed band of religious nutters (which are hellbent on forming a global theocracy) sought to destabilise a world of peace and trade by hitting planes full of fuel and unwitting innocent passengers into buildings that are symbols of said peace and trade. Unfortunately for them, they got a big shock after they underestimated the response of the gentle giant after previous attacks showed huge restraint.Yes. Spot on.

Does anyone know a 9/11 conspiracy theorist who isn't a total dick?

Crackeday
14-Sep-11, 04:40
While I dont dispute what happened actually "happened", there are some discrepancies regarding the information that the US government put out. Some 500 people on the original "dead" list have been proven to have never existed, or if they did there are no records for them(strange?). Also the occupancy levels of the towers were nowhere near as high as was made out. I have seen official documents released by the new york port authority under the FOI act showing occupancy levels were completely different from what the government released. I also found it a bit strange that the new "owner" (who purchased the lease 3 months prior)walked away with 7.5 Billion dollars for his "loss" of the buildings but was never really reported!!!
I dont have a tin hat and dont think there are reptiles governing us but I do feel that there is a bit of a cover up by the US government, not a conspiracy as such but theres alot of mis-information released by the government which leads people to think theres a conspiracy.

David Banks
14-Sep-11, 08:46

They collapsed first from the top to points of impact.

From "the ground up" my donkey.

Not even holywood could 'doctor' the video record.

sassylass
14-Sep-11, 17:36
What the heck. Americans still don't want to believe the events of what happened before, during, and after WW2. They can be told the truth but many don't want to know the truth or at least believe the truth.

I'm curious... In your opinion, which Americans' don't believe those events? Americans in general? or Skinheads and the like? or who? As with all history, unless one was actually there for the experience, one can only know what one reads or is told.

Catharnach74
14-Sep-11, 21:27
9/11 Shock and awe to persuade the American public into backing the so called war on terror. The real reason for being in Iraq is oil and Afghanistan is the vast amount of rare materials like Lithium, Cobalt, Chromium, Manganese, Platinum and Titanium. The FBI had the 9/11 terrorist under surveillance months before the attacks then the CIA took over the surveillance op, so the Americans had intelligence to stop 9/11 but did nothing the similarities with Pearl Harbour is uncanny, WW2 bank rolled the US economy out of the depression!

http://smarteconomy.typepad.com/smart_economy/2009/09/the-real-reason-for-the-war-in-afghanistan-control-of-rare-earth-metals-in-afghanistan.html

ducati
14-Sep-11, 23:17
OK Here's mine. 2 Iconic buildings, having been severely mistreated, having had a good clatter with an aeroplane followed by a not very big fire (if you watch the videos you will notice that on impact, a large amount of the jet fuel burned up in the air outside the buildings) collapsed very fast and completely.

The cover up if there is one, were there flaws in the building design or construction?

secrets in symmetry
15-Sep-11, 00:08
9/11 Shock and awe to persuade the American public into backing the so called war on terror. The real reason for being in Iraq is oil and Afghanistan is the vast amount of rare materials like Lithium, Cobalt, Chromium, Manganese, Platinum and Titanium. The FBI had the 9/11 terrorist under surveillance months before the attacks then the CIA took over the surveillance op, so the Americans had intelligence to stop 9/11 but did nothing the similarities with Pearl Harbour is uncanny, WW2 bank rolled the US economy out of the depression!

http://smarteconomy.typepad.com/smart_economy/2009/09/the-real-reason-for-the-war-in-afghanistan-control-of-rare-earth-metals-in-afghanistan.html
Lol!

More classic bekisman-little. Googled, copied and pasted, not understood by the poster.

I ask again...

Has anyone ever come across a 9/11 conspiracy theorist that wasn't a total dick?

secrets in symmetry
15-Sep-11, 00:12
While I dont dispute what happened actually "happened", there are some discrepancies regarding the information that the US government put out. Some 500 people on the original "dead" list have been proven to have never existed, or if they did there are no records for them(strange?). Also the occupancy levels of the towers were nowhere near as high as was made out. I have seen official documents released by the new york port authority under the FOI act showing occupancy levels were completely different from what the government released. I also found it a bit strange that the new "owner" (who purchased the lease 3 months prior)walked away with 7.5 Billion dollars for his "loss" of the buildings but was never really reported!!!
I dont have a tin hat and dont think there are reptiles governing us but I do feel that there is a bit of a cover up by the US government, not a conspiracy as such but theres alot of mis-information released by the government which leads people to think theres a conspiracy.Intriguing. Can you point me towards somewhere I can read more about the 500 dead that didn't exist, Crackeday?

Kells
15-Sep-11, 00:14
Lol!

More classic bekisman-little. Googled, copied and pasted, unattributed, not understood by the poster.

I ask again...

Has anyone ever come across a 9/11 conspiracy theorist that wasn't a total dick?

Never came across any conspiracy theorists but there again you don't have to be one to be a total dick. Keep asking though you mind get lucky.

Phill
15-Sep-11, 00:49
Oh my!

I can't actually believe I've done this, but I have. I've watched, read, inwardly digested and laughed at a wagon load of videos on the tinterweb tonight showing the various conspiracy theories surrounding the aereyplanes hitting the towers.

I've watched the videos with the sound off.

Try it.

When you cannot hear the BS that the filum is trying to dictate to you all you see is some very bad images and editing. Yet, when I see footage on TV the quality is fine (and shows the same thing).

But, I have to admit, I do like the hologram theory coupled with the morphing planes and chemtrails. Even better when you see this explained by someone with a crap camera, dodgy editing skills, zero knowledge of the aerodynamics of winged flight and no cerebral capacity for the effect of wind.

However, it's on the tinterweb so must be the truth.

orkneycadian
15-Sep-11, 09:51
Yeah, I would rather believe what the Governments tell us rather than what I read / view on the Internet - I still believe in Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq....

Crackeday
16-Sep-11, 18:27
Intriguing. Can you point me towards somewhere I can read more about the 500 dead that didn't exist, Crackeday?
I could but then Id have to kill you!!!!! :lol:
I'll get the link again and post it for you.

ducati
16-Sep-11, 20:53
Yeah, I would rather believe what the Governments tell us rather than what I read / view on the Internet - I still believe in Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq....

Have you looked down the back of the sofa?

Rheghead
16-Sep-11, 21:10
Anyone notice that Nathan Eccleston was in a spot of bother with Liverpool FC's owners after claiming the Illuminati were behind the 9/11 attacks? Quite right I say.

George Brims
16-Sep-11, 21:31
The cover up if there is one, were there flaws in the building design or construction?
The flaw in the building was its design *and* its construction. OBL was a civil engineer, remember. In one of his widely circulated videos he expressed surprise at how effective the attacks had been, but what he said made it clear the WTC was selected as the target because he felt it was vulnerable. The design flaws are too much to go into here but I am sure you can Google that. The main construction flaw was the very thin layer of the sprayed-on concrete fireproofing stuff used to protect the steel. It did almost nothing to help.

secrets in symmetry
17-Sep-11, 16:30
I could but then Id have to kill you!!!!! :lol:
I'll get the link again and post it for you.Thanks.

Don't worry about killing me, I'm good at avoiding incoming bullets.