PDA

View Full Version : Bengal Spice Takeaway.....Taken Away

Gizmo
17-Nov-04, 21:36
Anyone know what happened with Bengal Spice closing down, i've heard the usuall rumour mill rubbish going around....The Police Found Illegal Immigrants, Enviromental Health closed them down etc......so does anyone know what has actually happened??

Aw well, at least we wont have to worry about business premises windows in Wick being broken anymore, they will all be made out of 8x4 sheets of Stirling-Board soon [lol]

Shall we take bets on what closes next? :(

Fran
18-Nov-04, 00:43
:( I was very surprised to see the indian take-away being all boarded up today and the name plate removed from above the shop. A neighbouring shop told me the owner has gone into a local nursing home and the place has had to close for good. the old asda video shop next door is all boarded up and has been for years, and in the same street... Elizabeths cafe and mowatts old shop all boarded up. The hardware shop is closing and that will be a row of empty shops on one side of Bridge Street. What must visitors to the town think. I heard the Alliance Bank has been sold so that will be unboarded soon, we hope. The town just looks a mess. [mad]

Keiss_gal
18-Nov-04, 13:23
Supposedly they were not paying there rent or that is 1 of the rumours going round

girnigoe
20-Nov-04, 00:23
Well I heard (dont quote me incase its not true) that environmental health shut them down!!!

mareng
20-Nov-04, 17:36
Well I heard (dont quote me incase its not true) that environmental health shut them down!!!

Err - you've kind-of quoted yourself :eyes

Doolally
21-Nov-04, 01:08
Nice to see the Wick rumour mill is still working. Must be the only place in town that still gets plenty overtime!!! :evil