PDA

View Full Version : Skyewaymen

cuddlepop
05-Oct-06, 16:25
Please can you give our :Skyewaymen:you usual warm welcome of hospitality
as they attempt a run of 220miles to John o Groats.
Ten of our bravest souls are dusting off their running shoes and attempting a relay run they previously did in 1989 to raise funds for Crossroads and Gesto hospital;two very worth while causes.
They leave today and hope to be back on Skye on Saturday.5pm.
Hopefully Tuggy weatherforecast wont hold them back and indeed may blow them on their travels[lol]

Tugmistress
05-Oct-06, 16:35
Good luck to them cuddlepop, are they running back aswell? they're a lot fitter and braver than i! good on them :)

cuddlepop
05-Oct-06, 20:20
From the press release and working out the distance I think their driving back.
I'm sure they'll be back before the pubs close on Saturday night:lol:

Alice in Blunderland
05-Oct-06, 20:37
This is a very worthwhile cause I wish them all the best .Just wish the weather was nicer for them but Im sure they will manage wind ,hail or sun.

cuddlepop
05-Oct-06, 20:49
I think they've got a years supply of Deep Heat in their support vehicles.:lol: most if not all the runners are over fifty so there to be admired even more for their efforts.:cool:

Wish
06-Oct-06, 12:13
Wishing them well :cool:

Whitewater
06-Oct-06, 12:39
Seems a long time since they last done the run, I hope they do well. I know from experience that as you get older recovery time takes longer. Good luck. Out of Caithness at the moment so I will miss them. If they do a good time they are wise to drive back, with the thought of no return run they will do better.

cuddlepop
07-Oct-06, 12:28
We've heard no progress reports so we're assuming new news is good news.:D Weather's been awful for them but then again there use to the rain living here so maybe it'll make them feel like they've not really left Skye:lol:

cuddlepop
07-Oct-06, 12:47
Whitewater,there actually starting from John O Groats and running back to Skye.Cullen fm our local radio station will be doing a life broadcast from the square and the donation buckets will be doing the rounds.
Afterward there's a spot of light refreshments at the Portree Hotel.I'm sure they'll be very thirsty.:lol:

Ann
07-Oct-06, 16:49
When were they starting from John O'Groats?

cuddlepop
07-Oct-06, 17:07
They've just arrived back in Portee just in time for the Scotland kick off,now was that well timed.:lol: