PDA

View Full Version : Donny Cod

Doug Country
05-Oct-06, 10:02
Does anyone remember this teacher in WHS?

Is he still on the go?

How did he get that name?

trinkie
05-Oct-06, 10:06
Sorry I dont remember - but what time are you talking about? Which subject did he teach?
I could ask around.

Tattie B
05-Oct-06, 10:14
yes, mr miller the maths teacher he still lives in wick and doesnt look any older than he was when i was at school.

angela5
05-Oct-06, 10:16
As far as i'm aware Mr Miller is still on the go. I don't know how he got that name....donny cod!

PhilR
05-Oct-06, 10:24
That brought a flashback there.....can still picture him. I hear that Bertie Hewson is (or was a couple of years ago) Head of Maths. Must be 20 years he's been there! Good rugby player......

willowbankbear
05-Oct-06, 10:27
Mr Miller is called that because his dad was a fisherman,I think!! Top Bloke I used to play cards with him in the Backer a few years ago

ice box
05-Oct-06, 21:24
Does anyone remember this teacher in WHS?

Is he still on the go?

How did he get that name?He was my P.S.D Teacher great guy and he still on the go see out on his walk s and still speak to me in the passing :Razz

scorrie
05-Oct-06, 22:13
There was also a WHS pupil called Eric Herring in the 70's. I don't know where I trawled that one out of.

Ann
05-Oct-06, 22:31
There was also a WHS pupil called Eric Herring in the 70's. I don't know where I trawled that one out of.

Scorrie, here is a link to the good doctor!
http://www.bris.ac.uk/news/2006/5004.html

evelyn
05-Oct-06, 23:23
Eric Herring was in my class in school. Not surprised he ended up in politics, that was one of his interests way back then.
Thanks for that Ann.
evelyn

willowbankbear
06-Oct-06, 16:05
Mr Miller is alive & kicking Im pleased to say, I met him in Somerfields about 30 minutes ago & he does look well:D

scorrie
06-Oct-06, 16:54
Scorrie, here is a link to the good doctor!
http://www.bris.ac.uk/news/2006/5004.html

Thanks for the link Ann. I haven't seen Eric since he was standing for a place on the Student Union Commitee at Aberdeen Uni Circa 1980. I think he was an Independent in those days not sure where he lies on the spectrum now.

Have to say, he is not wearing as well as I am, must be the ravages of politics ;o)

Yours Scorrie, aka Peter Pan!!

Ann
06-Oct-06, 17:33
Thanks for the link Ann. I haven't seen Eric since he was standing for a place on the Student Union Commitee at Aberdeen Uni Circa 1980. I think he was an Independent in those days not sure where he lies on the spectrum now.

Have to say, he is not wearing as well as I am, must be the ravages of politics ;o)

Yours Scorrie, aka Peter Pan!!

Actually I think it is just a poor photograph; not very professionally done!
Mind you, he is also a DJ for dance music and climbs a lot of cliffs so he has weathered a bit! ;) Cheers, Ann