PDA

View Full Version : Broadband from Wanadoo???

crustyroll
17-Nov-04, 19:52
Hi,

Does anyone in Thurso or thereabouts have a 1mb broadband service with Wanadoo? I had signed up for it in August, received the 1mb service but have now been downgraded to 512kbs.

I am being passed from one department to another and cannot get a straight answer as to why this has happened. They are now claiming that it is BT and that they cannot cope with the demand and have downgraded the line??? BT have said this is unlikely.

To put it midly I am extremely unhappy with the service I am receiving and all the phone calls at national rate I have had to make. No one seems to know the answer and I am going round in circles. I have now asked to cancel the account although they are claiming as I signed a 12 month contract I cant leave it. However I would think that due to their rubbish customer service and that I am not getting what I originally had, I think I have reasonable grounds to cancel the connection.

Had anyone else had this problem?

The Angel Of Death
17-Nov-04, 20:33
Check the T & C's there should be something in there that says to the effect of if they are not providing the service you are paying for you can cancel the account no problems

I cant see it being bt because the thurso exchange because i know a few people with 1 mb connections and there fine

To me the problems is wanadoo

Gizmo
17-Nov-04, 21:50
Wanadoo used to be called Freeserve, they were rubbish back then aswell, with a 'modem to unmetered port' ratio so high that the service was painfully slow, i'd imagine their Broadband service is no different.

Tugmistress
17-Nov-04, 22:04
i don't think it will be bt as we live quite out of it and we are still getting the 1mb broadband service ok( well apart from when the power went down a bit ago obviously), as said before, read your terms and conditions i am quite sure that if they are not upholding their end of the deal you are quite within your rights to cancel at any time with no penalty.

crustyroll
18-Nov-04, 13:41
Thanks for all that info....

Made up my mind that I'm not going to take any more crap from them and will push to cancel the account especially now that I know it's not the exchange!

Will keep you all posted!

Cheers

KitKat
18-Nov-04, 15:54
er um, I've had broadband from Wanadoo for a couple of monrhs now, and I had Freeserve Anytime before that. Never had a problem with either. Maybe I was just luckY?

golach
18-Nov-04, 20:30
I have been with freeserve from day one got broadband from Freeserve, never any problems
Golach

captain chaos
19-Nov-04, 12:53
Have to say I have been with Freeserve (wanadoo) since 1998 and have never had a problem.
(okay they sent me 2 adsl modems when I changed to broadband ,but i would call that a bonus rather than a problem as they told me just to keep the 2nd one ):D