PDA

View Full Version : Tugmistresses Weather Station

alanatkie
29-Aug-11, 21:07
During the storms at the weekend, our very own weather girl's weather station took a battering. Would any kind orgers out there like to donate to her cause to purchase a new weather station, please goto her website http://www.tugmistress.co.uk and click on the donate button on the bottom left hand side. Every penny helps.

Remember she is the one that gives us our weather warnings well in advance and helps keep us safe on the roads etc over the winter months. So if you can donate any money then please do.

Thanks

Droopy
29-Aug-11, 21:34
Brilliant idea...
We could even have the donations in ratio to how many times an 'orger' has asked for a weather report by checking back the old threads?
Many a time a trip too Tesco or an OH trip back home or the washing line has been all the safer and had an orgers mind at rest due to a personal prediction from Tugmistress.

There could also be a pole to decide whos request has been for the most trivial reason.....and their donation be the biggest........;)

Fairs fair l say

Tugmistress
29-Aug-11, 21:40
lol droopy, that could be quite funny ;)

thank you alanatkie - muchly appreciated!

alanatkie
29-Aug-11, 21:45
thank you alanatkie - muchly appreciated!
No Probs, many a time you have advised me correctly about travel conditions, even this weekends relay for life. so I was better prepared.

Droopy
29-Aug-11, 22:03
No Probs, many a time you have advised me correctly about travel conditions, even this weekends relay for life. so I was better prepared.

So you asked Tugmistress for a weather report for Saturday night past.....not knowing from anywhere else that Caithness, Orkney and Shetland was in for very high winds and heavy rain?.......

golach
29-Aug-11, 22:07
lol droopy, that could be quite funny

Droopy!!! Funny?? .......No I dont thing so Tuggs

Tugmistress
29-Aug-11, 22:09
lol golach, i missed the tongue in cheek smiley :) fingers going faster than brain tonight!

alanatkie
29-Aug-11, 22:13
So you asked Tugmistress for a weather report for Saturday night past.....not knowing from anywhere else that Caithness, Orkney and Shetland was in for very high winds and heavy rain?.......

Ahh she was better than that, She told me when it was coming and at how bad to expect it

Kodiak
29-Aug-11, 22:32
For once I agree with Golach.............Droopy Funny..............No I do not think so.............Sarcastic and Snide perhaps but never funny.

Tugmistress does a fantastic Job in forcasting the weather for us here on the ORG and long may she continue to do so.

Tugmistress
29-Aug-11, 22:48
Wow! thank you folks :) target for the upgraded weather station is now reached! this will be ordered in a few minutes now :)
Thank you to the generous folk of Caithness and Edinburgh and especially to CG Construction for a huge lump!
You're all stars :) xxx

Kodiak
29-Aug-11, 22:54
I agree also with alanatkie and I second his request for those who can to go along and donate what you can afford to Tugmistress. A £1, £5, £10 or more if you can afford it as it all counts, Just go to her web site at :-

http://www.tugmistress.co.uk/

The Donate Button is down on the left and looks like this :-

http://i.imgur.com/0P6yH.jpg

Come on everyone, Tugs has done a LOT for all of us here on the org, so I think it is time we showed her some support by making a small donation to enable her to carry on with her forecasting. Donate now, I have. :Razz

Tugmistress
30-Aug-11, 09:48
OK WS2800 is ordered :)

BTW Keiss weather station is down at the moment

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/314938_10150273230643144_300395478143_7824989_2552 790_n.jpg

Tugmistress
30-Aug-11, 16:57
Email confirmation of new weather station being dispatched today via fed ex :D free delivery too :D

Droopy
02-Sep-11, 08:48
For once I agree with Golach.............Droopy Funny..............No I do not think so.............Sarcastic and Snide perhaps but never funny.

Just something for you to consider kodiak........
Id guess that 90% of the people who read these threads arnt 'orgers' but lurkers...and as are, the silent majority. Just because someone has 1000's of posts doesnt mean that everyone else thinks like them. Most of the 90% who arnt members live life in the 'real' world and have a look on the org from time to time to see what the virtual village idiots are posting now.
While we all realise that you have an opinion and the correct answer to every thread that gets posted on here, believe it or not lots of orgers (and maybe even more lurkers, but we'll never know! i.e. silent majority) consider me realistic rather than sarcastic.
So.......I vow to continue to speak for the silent majority and continue to stand up to the sub culture that excists on the 'org'.

People of Castletown who go to Tesco by bus, while their car is being polished...... beware.;)

ducati
02-Sep-11, 08:52
Just something for you to consider kodiak........Id guess that 90% of the people who read these threads arnt 'orgers' but lurkers...and as are, the silent majority. Just because someone has 1000's of posts doesnt mean that everyone else thinks like them. Most of the 90% who arnt members live life in the 'real' world and have a look on the org from time to time to see what the virtual village idiots are posting now.While we all realise that you have an opinion and the correct answer to every thread that gets posted in here, believe it or not lots of orgers consider me realistic rather than sarcastic.So.......I vow to continue to speak for the silent majority and continue to stand up to the sub culture that excists on the 'org' People of Castletown who go to Tesco by bus, while their car is being polished be aware.

Perhaps you should start a cult?

Droopy
02-Sep-11, 08:59
Perhaps you should start a cult?

Perhaps you should start polishing......

ducati
02-Sep-11, 10:08
Perhaps you should start polishing......

I never stop :lol: