PDA

View Full Version : Feeling grateful...

cherokee
28-Aug-11, 19:31
Well as a few of you have read on here, my kitchen ceiling has been leaking like a sieve, but .......I still feel grateful after speaking/hearing/listening to others misfortunes :-

A good friend of mine has seperated from their partner and is having major monetary difficulties.

Another older friend's daughter (with a young family) has been diagnosed with MS.

My neighbour's dog was attacked and now she has a vet bill to fork out for which she cannot afford.

And...I don't know if anyone watched the documentary "Getting One of My Big Legs Amputated" ( about Mandy Stellar if you want to "Google" her)

I feel quite insignificant when I see/hear/watch all that is going on around me....whats a wee drop of water on my kitchen floor compared to those I've mentioned above...........................:(

I count my blessings....:)

gleeber
28-Aug-11, 20:23
I count my blessings....:)
Me too but I mightna call them blessings. :lol:
It not easy to notice things like gratitude in the busy lives we lead. I think world affairs over the last couple of years may have made people more aware of their vulnerability and I can trace my own back to when the twin towers were destroyed. I have no doubt others will have traced it back further but we cant all be Noahs.
Anyway, I'm grateful too. It may be a blessing that i'm aware of them but thats as much as Ill admit. :lol:
It's a human thing although religions have their fair share of gratitude in their philosophies.
Its a good subject for a thread. I don't see much gratitude on the org but when I do it stands out.

dodo
28-Aug-11, 20:36
Sometimes i dont think we appreciate how lucky we are :confused when we hear or see other people not so fortunate as us ???

orkneycadian
28-Aug-11, 21:06
Well as a few of you have read on here, my kitchen ceiling has been leaking like a sieve

I am sure mine would too if the roof above it were to leak! ;)

cherokee
28-Aug-11, 21:21
I am sure mine would too if the roof above it were to leak!

Thank you orkneycadian, you're just a wee darling for pointing out the blooming obvious !! [disgust] [disgust] Fancy getting your "bum" over here and helping me out.....nah? [evil] Just be grateful for the fact that your roof isn't leaking....eh ?

Doreen
29-Aug-11, 11:24
Well as a few of you have read on here, my kitchen ceiling has been leaking like a sieve, but .......I still feel grateful after speaking/hearing/listening to others misfortunes :-

A good friend of mine has seperated from their partner and is having major monetary difficulties.

Another older friend's daughter (with a young family) has been diagnosed with MS.

My neighbour's dog was attacked and now she has a vet bill to fork out for which she cannot afford.

And...I don't know if anyone watched the documentary "Getting One of My Big Legs Amputated" ( about Mandy Stellar if you want to "Google" her)

I feel quite insignificant when I see/hear/watch all that is going on around me....whats a wee drop of water on my kitchen floor compared to those I've mentioned above...........................:(

I count my blessings....:)Toatally agree with you Cherokee we take a lot of things for granted and moan about simple little things but when you look around and see people who are ill and disabled and would love to have our health it makes you think on how lucky we are and people who have very little and struggle every day it makes me think what ive got Family,job and a roof over my head thats all you need.

Doreen
29-Aug-11, 13:51
Wheres Orkneycadian with his smart comments about my thread your a bittie slow e day:lol:

upolian
30-Aug-11, 09:07
Only a young een but i do not complain about petty things in life,i fully appreciate what i have and do try to help others the best of my ability,get's my back up when people complain about things like having a runny nose..selfishness at the highest level if you ask me,there is always somebody more needy in this world,makes me sad thinking about some of them!