PDA

View Full Version : Train at Carrbridge

Studio66
28-Aug-11, 10:12
I passed a lovely train at Carrbridge on Friday with seating areas and tables and chairs set for dinner, does anyone happen to know what train this is? It had West Cost Rail on the front but I couldn't find anything on their website.

Cheers

Torvaig
28-Aug-11, 13:19
I have seen that train too and yes it looks very luxurious!

I would think it is the Royal Scotsman which does luxury tours; have a look on Google for more information.

http://www.royalscotsman.com/web/rs/the_royal_scotsman_introduction.jsp - had a look for you.... I would love a trip on it!

Ahem, just had a look at the prices; think I will wait until I am invited! Enjoy the site and the trip if you take it!

poppett
28-Aug-11, 14:23
Was invited to dinner on this train many years ago for a birthday treat of a friend. The train ran from Carrbridge to Aviemore and back whilst the meal was served. A lovely evening with everyone dressed to the nines in luxurious surroundings.

Studio66
29-Aug-11, 12:46
Thanks for that Torvaig, curiousity took the better of me!

Having looked at the prices I think I'll continue to gaze from the *ahem* comfort of the Scotrail train! ;)

Poppett that sounds like a great experience.....I need to find new friends!

pat
29-Aug-11, 14:02
thanks Torvaig - for the pricelist and info.

Will only be going if I won a big win on the lottery

Have often seen it and thought it would be expensive but did not expect it to be that price.