PDA

View Full Version : What is a Boy ?

scaraben
04-Oct-06, 16:31
I have three little Grandsons the other day I came across this and I thought
"YES" ...... "That describes them perfectly"

Between the inocence of babyhood and the dignity of manhood, we find a delightful creature called a Boy. Boys come in assorted sizes, weights and colours, but all Boys have the same creed, to enjoy every second of every minute of every hour of every day and to protest with noise when their last minute has finsihed an an Adult Male packs them off to bed.
Boys are to be found everywhere, on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running round, or jumping to. Mother's love them, little girls can't stand them, older sisters and brothers tolerate them, adults ignore them and Heaven protects them ! A Boy is truth with dirt on his face, a show off when he's got a cut finger, wisdom with some sticky unknown substance in his hair, and when you are busy he can be so inconsiderate, a bothersome, intuduing jangle of noise.
When you want him to make a good impression, his brain turns to jelly, he's really a composite if you stop and consider, for he has the appetite of a horse, the digestion of a sword swallower the energy of a Nuclear bomb, the curiosity of a cat, the lungs of a dictator, the shyness of a violet, the auducity of a steel trap, the enthusiasm of a Roman candle, and when he goes to make something he has five thumbs on each hand.
He likes ice-cream, a tray of chips, swords, christmas, Santa and books WITH PICTURES the Boy across the road, woods, water ( But in its natural habitat ! ) large animals, trains, Fire engines, football, and Dad. He's not all that keen on school, Ladies who are all over him saying how pretty he is, music lessons, ties, the Barber, Girls, getting dressed up, or Bedtime.
Nobody else is so early to rise or so late to go to bed, nobody else gets so much fun out of a Tree Hut, Piles of leaves,Dogs, breezes, snow, puddles, tractors and computer games. Nobody else can cram into one pocket a half-eaten apple, three feet of string, four squares of partly melted chocolate with dirt stuck on it, a home made catapult, a chunk of unknown substance AND (As he will proudly tell you ) "a genuine supersonic code ring with a secret compartment" ! A Boy is absolutely a magical creature, you can lock him out of your workshop, but you can't lock him out of your heart, you can "line" him from your study, but you will not get him out of your mind, might as well give up, he is your captor and he's the boss, that pint sized freckled faced bundle of noise. But when you come home in the evening after a stressful day at work, he has the power to make you a KING, when he climbs up on to your knee and says Hi Dad ( Or Grandad ) I love you best of all.

Billy Boy
04-Oct-06, 16:42
lmao how very true lol,thank's:lol:

Kingetter
04-Oct-06, 16:49
And I can't wait to see a similar thing about What's a girl?

_Ju_
04-Oct-06, 18:41
That is my little boy. Thank you for sharing that.

Billy Boy
04-Oct-06, 19:05
scaraben, i would say that just about sums up little miss billy boy aswell truley her fathers daughter:lol:

mccaugm
04-Oct-06, 23:24
:Razz I have 3 boys and yep they are all encompassed in the little narrative.

Eldest in front of his computer, middle one would make a mess in an empty room and the little tot is never happier than when jumping in puddles with a cheeky, knowing smile upon his face.

It made me appreciate them a little more.

Tiger Jones
04-Oct-06, 23:42
And I can't wait to see a similar thing about What's a girl?
Don't hold your breath. Girls are just as complex as their adult counterparts and it will take several centuries of in-depth analysis to discover what makes them tick.