PDA

View Full Version : Relay for Life :o)

ShelleyCowie
25-Aug-11, 16:14
Hey everyone!

Team Geeks n' freaks are taking part in the Relay for Life this Saturday! Stalls running from 2pm, relay starts at 6pm, ends at 6am.

Just wondering if any generous orgers would like to sponsor our team?! Every little helps and its all for a good cause!

All donations are greatfully received so i thank you all in advance! :Razz

http://www.donatetomyrelay.org/geeksnfreaks

ShelleyCowie
26-Aug-11, 11:29
Bump! Any donation gratefully received!

Dadie
27-Aug-11, 21:55
What a horrible night for it!
Weather wise.
Hubby is there too, I made him take a couple of sleeping bags for the ones not walking at any time to keep cozy.
And some food and coffee and waterproofs and a hat and gloves....it gets cold at 3am even if you are wrapped up as 3am used to be my worst point in shifts 1/2 an hour beforehand and 1/2 an hour afterwards was fine but the 3am barrier is a real low especially tonight for the walkers.
We watched the waxing then went home.

Bobinovich
28-Aug-11, 00:55
Unfortunately due to safety grounds the Relay has been shortened to a 2am finish.

rogermellie
28-Aug-11, 01:04
Unfortunately due to safety grounds the Relay has been shortened to a 2am finish.

i imagine most walkers would like to walk through this adverse weather, a show of defiance, no matter what life throws at us etc etc

fair play though, well done all involved :)

Claireabelle
28-Aug-11, 04:48
I have got the biggest amount of respect right now for all those crazy folk who were partaking in relay for life. To think the whilst I've been hiding in my bed worried that my house is going to blow away, Wizard of Oz style, you lot have been out there battling the storm to raise money for a fantastic cause. You should all feel very proud right now. And hopefully you can all feel your toes again :)

Metalattakk
28-Aug-11, 05:40
At the end the organisers announced that over £125,000 has been raised by the 2011 Caithness Relay for Life.

That is just a staggering amount, with more to come yet, I'm sure.

Bobinovich
28-Aug-11, 07:30
I'm shocked at the amount as I was sure the current financial climate, as well as yesterdays weather, would have made for a much reduced total, but that is an incredible sum! Congratulations Caithness you've done yourself proud yet again. And kudos not only braving those god-awful conditions last night, but for breaking the Scottish Conga Line record too!!

alistair harper
28-Aug-11, 08:29
Unfortunately the weather has not been kind to the event but it has not dampend the pockets of caithness.I would like like to say well done to those who took part and defied the weather, Caithness you've done yourself proud yet again well done to everybody.

ShelleyCowie
28-Aug-11, 10:31
I have to say i feel broken today! Lol! Well done to everyone though. But us holding our marquee up for the last hour and a half said it all...it was windy and horrible! Dont think i had a dry patch on me when i got home haha!

Tugmistress
28-Aug-11, 11:04
Well done to everyone :)
sorry i couldn't wave a magic wand and make the wind wait though :(

shazzap
28-Aug-11, 11:09
Well done.

Torvaig
28-Aug-11, 13:11
Well done to the brave, brave souls who took part; a marvellous effort, especially in such atrocious weather!

P.S. I think you are all mad! :eek:

But we love you...... xx :lol:

cherokee
28-Aug-11, 14:08
And another HUGE WELL DONE to everyone who participated or donated money to such a worthy cause ! ! :)

I really take my hat off to those of you who braved the weather for the Relay Race. Good on you all - hope you're dried out now Shelley and having a restful day with your poor, sore feet up ! :eek::cool:

ShelleyCowie
28-Aug-11, 14:26
And another HUGE WELL DONE to everyone who participated or donated money to such a worthy cause ! ! :)

I really take my hat off to those of you who braved the weather for the Relay Race. Good on you all - hope you're dried out now Shelley and having a restful day with your poor, sore feet up ! :eek::cool:

Im relaxing on the couch, refuse to get dressed so its a PJ day! Pan o soup on the go too.

Really proud of everyone last night! Especially all the kids involved who braved that weather with us!

And i cant wait to do it again!!

futurelegends
28-Aug-11, 22:53
Relay for Life 2011 Dry Bits:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.204792916248404.50538.100001530923347&l=30c998a1f9&type=1

Relay for Life 2011 Wet Bits:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.204710346256661.50520.100001530923347&l=731435f2bd&type=1

Moira
28-Aug-11, 23:41
A fabulous well done to everyone involved including Future Legends. I was listening until the very end last night, I blinked and we were back to MFR. :(

Great stuff everyone. You should be very, very, proud of yourselves. :)

futurelegends
29-Aug-11, 21:05
A fabulous well done to everyone involved including Future Legends. I was listening until the very end last night, I blinked and we were back to MFR. :(

Great stuff everyone. You should be very, very, proud of yourselves. :)

Glad you enjoyed it.

bella
01-Sep-11, 17:07
I also took part along with family in the relay, we stayed until the very end and was soaked, none of us was cold as we were warm with all the walking, Everyone that stayed to the end showed lots of ethusim and comittment,

I feel we did and felt nothing apart from cold and uncomfortable for a few hours where as people that suffer (and their families) from cancer have a hell of alot more to struggle and deal with than we could think of, if walking in the crap weather that we had on Saturday night was all we had to do to cure people of such a horrible illness or have our loved ones back that got stolen from us then I for one would do it as many time as it took to bet it. we could only dream it was so easy