PDA

View Full Version : Teenagers

Doreen
24-Aug-11, 19:03
I must say how ive moaned about my daughter being untidy in the house picking up behind her she is now moving to Perth Collage next week and im dreading it i feel bad now as i am going to miss her but im not going to miss the mess shes never been away from us its going to be sad when we drop her of and have to come home without her :(

mi16
24-Aug-11, 19:17
that will be a day of tears, some joy some sadness

Doreen
24-Aug-11, 19:21
I know its just the thought i know its gonna pay of for her shs very keen and were proud of her but teenagers are so much hard work but i was one myself.

Corrie 3
24-Aug-11, 19:23
Feel for you Doreen, I remember when my Lad went off and joined the Army, so tearful but I tell you what....It was the making of him, he went in a boy and came out a Man!!!
Enjoy the peace and quiet and the lack of mess for a wee while !!!

C3......:)

cherokee
24-Aug-11, 19:23
Your wee "bairn", will always be your bairn, no matter where or what she does.

She'll always love you no matter what or where she goes. She has been brought up in a caring and kind household, with very loving parents - many bairnies dinna know what that is ....

She'll spread her wings and she'll fly......but she will always know where to "call" home. Your daughter is going to do you proud, but she will always need her Mam...never forget the massive role that you have played in her life and will continue to do so......

Thinking of you both at this sad/happy time ! Much love X

Kells
24-Aug-11, 20:39
How proud you must be of her having the ability and confidence to move and go to college. It is sad when they go away for the first time, not an ending though, but the start of a grown up relationship for you both that lasts a lifetime. Don't be sad, be proud of a job well done.......she will be back with her bag of washing and starving for one of your dinners before you know it.

oldmarine
24-Aug-11, 21:08
Some interesting comments on children leaving the nest. Most of us have been through this one way or another. My mother saw me off to the U.S. Narines for one year. I did not get home for 3-1/2 years. I was a different person when I returned home. More mature and battle hardened to the point that my mother did not recognize me. I've had to go through all of this with my own children. My son was just beginning to turn his life around when he was struck and killed by a hit & run driver. He is buried in a Veterans cemetery due to his military service. My oldest daughter had a bad marriage but has turned her life around with a good Christian man who has helped her to readjust her life. My No. 2 daughter married a good young man after she graduated with a bachelors & masters degree in secondary education. She currently has two boys of her own and is an excellent mother. She is teaching mathematics at a local high school. My youngest married a Christian missionarys son which I thought was a good thing. However, it turned out he was not like his parents and cheated on her when she was carrying his 2nd child in her womb. She divorced him and is now a sole parent. She did continiue her education with a masters degree in counseling and is now a supervisor. From my observation she is doing a great job in raising her two children. One never knows the type of hand that will be dealt to our children or how they will handle it until we see them in their maturity.

Bazeye
24-Aug-11, 23:05
I must say how ive moaned about my daughter being untidy in the house picking up behind her she is now moving to Perth Collage next week and im dreading it i feel bad now as i am going to miss her but im not going to miss the mess shes never been away from us its going to be sad when we drop her of and have to come home without her :(

You can borrow one of mine if your house is too quiet and tidy.

starfish
24-Aug-11, 23:15
mine have flown the nest but are all at mine with they little ones which i love as i can give them back

weezer 316
24-Aug-11, 23:27
I look after my younger brother who is 15 and he was in Orkney playing bowls a few weeks ago. I can honestly say the peace and quite made up for the wee worry that he would be ok!! Just me and my cat haha!

Doreen
03-Sep-11, 10:03
Well thats my daughter her last day at home all packing done room looks bare this like loads more parents will be feeling sad i know she is just moving away to collage but were missing her already even before shes gone.:(

gingernut
03-Sep-11, 18:36
Well thats my daughter her last day at home all packing done room looks bare this like loads more parents will be feeling sad i know she is just moving away to collage but were missing her already even before shes gone.:(

Doreen, I know exactly how you feel. All three of mine have now flown the nest and I miss them terribly. What keeps me going is that they all come home in the holidays. I'm sure you have a great relationship with your daughter and she'll want to come home regularly too. You'll appreciate one another all the more when you get together. Facebook and Skype are great for keeping in touch. All the best.