PDA

View Full Version : parking at inverness

joe
03-Oct-06, 22:58
Hi , Flying from Inverness for two weeks holiday can any one let me know where is best place for secure parking in Inverness thanks.

98elite
03-Oct-06, 23:06
Probably shouldnt say this as its a nightmare to get parked when visiting the place, but Raigmore Hospital for a £1, security at night and everyone else does it, plus bus runs every 10 mins to the airport, so you only need to cart your bags the length of the carpark max. enjoy the hols.

grumpyhippo
03-Oct-06, 23:41
Sorry, but Raigmore is for patients!!.If you can afford to pay for two weeks holiday then you can afford to pay the parking at the airport or use public transport.

Naefearjustbeer
03-Oct-06, 23:58
I have heard of folk doing the raigmore carpark trick. We however paid about £30 for our 5 days parking at the airport. Another tightfisted suggestion I heard was leave your car at tescos.

Scunner
04-Oct-06, 00:04
I've heard about the Raigmore thing too. What a selfish thing to do. What about the patients, trying to park. Have you ever tried walking from the very back of the Car Park, using two sticks, or what about the elderly. I agree that if you can afford a holiday, you should budget for the price of parking into the holiday.

I could go on and on, but there is somewhere else that does long stay parking somewhere near Dalcross airport.

Please don't use the parking at Raigmore, think of the patients and this abuse of the system has been reported, and a warden is now on duty.

Boozeburglar
04-Oct-06, 02:13
The airport charges are massive, so I suggest Tesco Extra and the bus.

The Raigmore is a daft idea, they get all the drugged up and drunks to the A&E every night, your car is better off at Tescos.

_Ju_
04-Oct-06, 06:42
I have heard of folk doing the raigmore carpark trick. We however paid about £30 for our 5 days parking at the airport. Another tightfisted suggestion I heard was leave your car at tescos.

I think it's gone up. I paid close to £50 for 5 1/2 days in August.:(

henry20
04-Oct-06, 08:22
Probably shouldnt say this as its a nightmare to get parked when visiting the place, but Raigmore Hospital for a £1, security at night and everyone else does it, plus bus runs every 10 mins to the airport, so you only need to cart your bags the length of the carpark max. enjoy the hols.

I have a friend who is getting chemo at Inverness - they gave him a token for car parking as he would be there so often.

He said he would gladly pay the parking price if they could give him a parking space.

Maybe worth giving a thought to those that genuinly need the space - it could make the difference between someone getting to say goodbye to a relative or not. 5 minutes searching for a space could make all the difference.

I find it hard to imagine that 'everyone else does it' as I'd like to think people would have more thought for others. I have NEVER parked in a hospital car park except when visiting people and never will.

burstbucker
04-Oct-06, 09:06
There was an ad in the groat about 2 months ago for secure parking by a private firm near Inverness airport but I forgot to keep the ad. Anyone else have it?

angela5
04-Oct-06, 09:48
There was an ad in the groat about 2 months ago for secure parking by a private firm near Inverness airport but I forgot to keep the ad. Anyone else have it?

Did see the Ad but i never kept it.

I would never park in a Hospital car park for any other reason than visiting someone actually in the hospital. How inconsiderate.:(

emszxr
04-Oct-06, 10:59
i wouldnt do the hospital idea either, very selfish. i know there are loads of people park there to get the bus to go shopping down the street. i know what it is like to have to park way at the top of the car park and have to walk for what seemed like ages as i was in labour.
also hospitals are looking at a way of getting a camera system in the car parks to see who is using them as a cheap option for parking and will be clamping cars that use it as that.
i agree, park at the airport, there is someone in dalcross industrial estate doing the park and ride that was advertised in paper.

joe
04-Oct-06, 21:55
grumphyhippo.I only asked a simple question about advise for parking not to get slagged off!I would not dream of using a hospital car park except for being at the hospital.I do not park in disabled bays or mother and toddlers spaces in car parks in Wick.As for being able to afford two weeks holidays its only because I work hard the other 50 weeks of the year.I always thought the idea of caithness.org was a friendly message board where you could ask advise but have changed my mind.Thank you to the members who made sensible comments

98elite
04-Oct-06, 22:11
"I always thought the idea of caithness.org was a friendly message board where you could ask advise but have changed my mind."

Joe I should take the blame for these replies, sorry, however you would not believe the amount of people that use this car park for non hospital business, hoidays, off shore workers even folk staying in the town centre, its out of control and has been for years, one more? you deside, now I'm off to run for cover as I can here the guns loading in the distance, chill folks its happening all the time, I've spent 10/15mins myself looking for a space and most of the time I've parked in the horrible waste land bit at the back so no how you feel.

ice box
04-Oct-06, 22:37
Sorry, but Raigmore is for patients!!.If you can afford to pay for two weeks holiday then you can afford to pay the parking at the airport or use public transport.Grumpyhippo maybe you should read joe post again before shouting off he/she was only asking about somewere to park while he/she goes on holiday . If you look closer you will find it was elite98 that said about raigmore carpark . Not joe . [disgust]

scrapydoo
04-Oct-06, 22:38
grumphyhippo.I only asked a simple question about advise for parking not to get slagged off!I would not dream of using a hospital car park except for being at the hospital.I do not park in disabled bays or mother and toddlers spaces in car parks in Wick.As for being able to afford two weeks holidays its only because I work hard the other 50 weeks of the year.I always thought the idea of caithness.org was a friendly message board where you could ask advise but have changed my mind.Thank you to the members who made sensible comments

Good on you Joe stick up for yourself ;)

Hi , Flying from Inverness for two weeks holiday can any one let me know where is best place for secure parking in Inverness thanks.
All you asked was where the best place for secure parking is in ness! no need for everyone to jump on there moral high horses as usual!!!![disgust]

grumpyhippo
04-Oct-06, 22:57
Grumpyhippo maybe you should read joe post again before shouting off he/she was only asking about somewere to park while he/she goes on holiday . If you look closer you will find it was elite98 that said about raigmore carpark . Not joe . [disgust]

Sorry if you took offence but I wasn't getting at Joe, just at the idiotic suggestion of the blatant misuse of Raigmore. I under stand that shouting in a posting is indicated by the use of upper case I've NEVER done that.

Joe hope you have a nice holiday and come back refreshed.

Fran
04-Oct-06, 23:40

Genuine hospital car visitors are suffering because of lack of parking spaces because of poeple leaving cars there to go elsewhere. security are now checking the car park regularly and at night if the car is still there, it is checked for how long it is there, the number recorded and the police informed.
People should NOT leave their cars at the hospital to go shopping or away on planes or trains etc. Why not book in Ramada Jarvis or another hotel for the night before your flight, as they let you keep your car there in their car park till you return.

Lynseymac
05-Oct-06, 16:38
Try Elite Vehicle Rental - this is their web address.

http://www.northernvehiclehire.co.uk/index.htm

They offer a Park & Fly deal and are very reasonable - not like the parking facilities available at the airport. We used them recenlty and were well chuffed by the service!

They are located about 5 mins away from the airport but they transfer you to and from the airport free of charge so you dont need to worry about taxi's.

Hope this helps!

Tugmistress
05-Oct-06, 16:44
just been looking into parking costs at inverness airport myself, i may be flying south for a couple of days in november, and what i found stated was £3 per 24 hour period in a car park close to the terminal, maybe not the cheapest of parking when away for a couple of weeks, but for me just a couple of days it will be fine :)

Fluff
05-Oct-06, 16:50
you could get the train then a taxi or a bus to the airport?
it could work out cheaper than driving down and paying to park

burstbucker
05-Oct-06, 17:29
It was £6 for 24 hours at the terminal car park last time and I think it is going up soon.

joe
11-Oct-06, 21:35
Lynseymac.Thanks for letting me know about elite cars phoned them and got a booking form in post today.Now I can go on holiday knowing my car is in a legal paid for secure parking place.thanks again to all the helpful replies.