PDA

View Full Version : Warning

teenybash
23-Aug-11, 11:05
This may be moved but thought it needed posting here.
Ok just want to make everyone aware that is not already, there is a dog fighting ring in Aberdeen, dont tie your dogs up outside shops etc and stay vigilant as they steal these dogs as baiting dogs. They are also on the look for dogs free to a good home or cheap.

mi16
23-Aug-11, 13:17
Are folk coming to Caithness from Aberdeen to pinch dogs?

teenybash
23-Aug-11, 14:25
All dogs are at risk and it is better to give out the warning than not...hopefully our Caithness dogs are safe, but Aberdeen is not all that far away...better to be safe than sorry.

mi16
23-Aug-11, 14:27
Ok, put yourself in the shoes of a dog napper, I need a dog to fight and I am in Aberdeen will I head north for 4.5hrs to the tiny backwater of Caithness in my quest for angry mutts or perhaps south to Dundee, Perth, Glasgow, Stirling or Edinburgh where millions of people and their pets live. I think our dugs are not under any threat.

I hear there is a severe weather warning for Antartica tonight also, best be on our toes.

teenybash
23-Aug-11, 17:34
Heartwarming to see you are not worldly wise about dog fighting and don't realise these people will travel any distance to dogknap, not fighting dogs, but dogs they can use to bait the fighting dog.
The warning has been sent throughout Scotland, not only Caithness. Thanks for your interest in posting a reply.

mi16
23-Aug-11, 17:50
You are indeed corect I am a dog lover not a dog fighter.
So these dogs they nab are to get the killing ones warmed up then?
I realise they will travel to get their prey but surely they wouldnt go to the end of the earth to get a few mutts when there are literally thousands only an hour or two's drive away. Maybe they will cause we will be less on our guard for these dog nappers.

Commore
23-Aug-11, 18:06
This may be moved but thought it needed posting here.
Ok just want to make everyone aware that is not already, there is a dog fighting ring in Aberdeen, dont tie your dogs up outside shops etc and stay vigilant as they steal these dogs as baiting dogs. They are also on the look for dogs free to a good home or cheap.

Not that I have any dogs for rehoming at present, I do very much appreciate the warning,
thank you.

teenybash
23-Aug-11, 22:37
You are right they may pick on the unsuspecting and yes the stolen dogs are used to rev up the fighting dogs;;;it is always better to be safe than sorry by letting folks know that there is the possibility. Hopefully they will stay out of Caithness.

Fran
23-Aug-11, 22:41
Thank you Teenybash, thats awful.Mi16, its not that long ago that a dog was stolen from inside a car parked outside Wick post office. Another dog was stolen from Keiss, so it is quite right that Teenybash warns us. also we have had criminals come up from aberdeen to Caithness to commit crimes, and 2 men have been on trial at wick for over a week for robberies committed in Caithness and they are from England, which shows people will travel a distance

Dadie
23-Aug-11, 22:42
We are only a cheap flight away...and a train ride home...do dogs still go free on the train? I dont really know..
But with the multitude of staffies etc here as easy pickings why not try here?

Fly
23-Aug-11, 23:03
Thanks for the warning. I would have thought the thieves are more likely to go to places nobody would expect them to go.

mi16
24-Aug-11, 07:59
We are only a cheap flight away...and a train ride home...do dogs still go free on the train? I dont really know..
But with the multitude of staffies etc here as easy pickings why not try here?

Are you having a laugh?

mi16
24-Aug-11, 08:00
Thanks for the warning. I would have thought the thieves are more likely to go to places nobody would expect them to go.

But we ae expecting them now though, so where will they go next....Outer Hebrides possibly

Walter Ego
24-Aug-11, 08:36
But we ae expecting them now though, so where will they go next....Outer Hebrides possibly

The pondlife in Caithness have plenty of contact with their 'friends' in the South. How do you think smack and coke get into the Far North?

There's a lot of money riding on dog fights, an easy drive to an area with soft targets.....

mi16
24-Aug-11, 08:45
Indeed very true, perhaps the pond life would be stealing to order for their contacts.

pat
24-Aug-11, 09:46
Mi16
In Outer Hebrides we have already had several dognappings, usually been pedigree, unusual varieties, usually in summer when they are out in the gardens - never usually seen again, wonder why it is usually summer.

mi16
24-Aug-11, 10:12
goodness me
Is nowhere safe

pat
24-Aug-11, 11:21
mi16

aye no where is safe and if they ever sent the rioters up here too what would be happening then.

The folk reckon the animals acquired have been taken on chance, people not used to seeing pedigree animals out playing running in gardens and decide to acquire them for themselves.

It is amazing at times what folk will acquire or think they should be entitled to acquire, due to whatever it may be lying around on somepersons land and not labelled - this belongs to .....!

Folk very rarely realise this is pinching other folks property, whatever it may be.

mi16
24-Aug-11, 11:44
mi16

aye no where is safe and if they ever sent the rioters up here too what would be happening then.

The folk reckon the animals acquired have been taken on chance, people not used to seeing pedigree animals out playing running in gardens and decide to acquire them for themselves.

It is amazing at times what folk will acquire or think they should be entitled to acquire, due to whatever it may be lying around on somepersons land and not labelled - this belongs to .....!

Folk very rarely realise this is pinching other folks property, whatever it may be.

Wick high street resembles the aftermath of a riot with all the boarded up buildings and Castletown even has a burnt out shop..
I think Caithness may be a training camp for wanna be rioters