PDA

View Full Version : Playparks

flowertot
22-Aug-11, 21:44
Think it is quite sad when lots of money gets spentUpgrading swingparks and then you see kids totally disrespecting it. But that is not my gripeIt is when you see the parents of the kids sitting watching them doing it saying nothing now what kind of example are they setting!!!!

pat
22-Aug-11, 22:13
it is not only playparks.

Anything that someone has put hard work, effort and thought as well as money into, be it privately owned as in a car, garden or building or publicly owned as in playparks to see folk as you say disrespect, or in my words vandalise or damage this behaviour should be reported straight away.

If it is not dealt with the area which suffers damage will quickly spiral down into disrepair and uncared, unkempt area where any damage is acceptable - report any acts to keep your neighbourhood safe.

cat
22-Aug-11, 22:16
totaly agree with you.at the park the other night with my wee girl and there was a group of older kids,still all at primary school though,climbing up on top of everything and tying up the swings and there was at least 2 parents of the group sitting in their cars. i know it might not of been their kids doing wrong but they were all together.if it was one of my kids friends i would have said something! and yes,i could have done something even though i didnt know them,but the last time i did that i just got cheek back and they carried on wrecking the park!!

Duncansby
22-Aug-11, 22:50
totaly agree with you.at the park the other night with my wee girl and there was a group of older kids,still all at primary school though,climbing up on top of everything and tying up the swings and there was at least 2 parents of the group sitting in their cars. i know it might not of been their kids doing wrong but they were all together.if it was one of my kids friends i would have said something! and yes,i could have done something even though i didnt know them,but the last time i did that i just got cheek back and they carried on wrecking the park!!

Climbing on things?! In the playpark :o Whatever next?

William
23-Aug-11, 00:12
Finding things to climb on in swing parks is getting hard now every thing keeps going missing!

Rheghead
23-Aug-11, 00:25
Think it is quite sad when lots of money gets spentUpgrading swingparks and then you see kids totally disrespecting it. But that is not my gripeIt is when you see the parents of the kids sitting watching them doing it saying nothing now what kind of example are they setting!!!!

Willful damage to a playpark is one thing and obviously shouldn't be condoned but I wouldn't tell a kid off for using any of the apparatus in an 'unconventional' way. Encouraging a kid to see the world in a different way and letting them try things out by trial and error is a good thing and perhaps seeing this happening might be interpreted as 'improper' use by some.

cat
23-Aug-11, 10:06
they were doing damage.and this was primary school kids.at first i was impressed at their climbing skills,if a wee bit worried for their safety(think its a mother thing!!). i see where you are coming from,but then whats next?i was at the bignold park,and there was wee ones there,and its just the whole thing of kids doing what they want,next they move onto the roof of the shed there,peoples walls and shed roofs etc.iv seen them do it all. they were kicking their shoes off,often landing over the wall into peoples gardens,they could have broken something!they just climbed in and got them back. id never of done that,one i knew id get in trouble if i ruined my shoes,and two,perhaps i had right scarey neighbours,but if a ball did happen to land in their garden,we asked permission to get it back!!

Corrie 3
23-Aug-11, 10:17
I blame the Parents......and the Tories!!!!

C3......:roll:;)

orkneycadian
23-Aug-11, 11:42
Ah yes, memories - Reading the Broons and Oor Wullie where there were "Parkies" who gave you a clip on the lug for doing things you wern't meant to. Now even the parents can administer guidance without fear of arrest or having their kids taken off them. Playpark damage one day, high street riots the next - Should it come as any surprise?