PDA

View Full Version : Car Repairs

Lou18
16-Nov-04, 16:41
Can anybody recommend a reputable garage that isn't going to rip the eyes out of me when it comes to repairing my car?

It's just a few minor repairs to a pugeot? Any idea who's the best?

Thanks!

halkirk1
16-Nov-04, 16:54
Try Northern Motors in Thurso, just along from the British Legion.

He is absolutely fantastic and a real genuine guy, won't rip you off.

William
16-Nov-04, 17:02
That garage near hunters coal yard is good and my mum and her boyfriend have had no problems with them

LadyPark
16-Nov-04, 17:23
Yes, riverside garage at thurso east are spot on !

kwbrown111
16-Nov-04, 17:49
hi, i would highly recommend Pennyland Service Station. Very cheap price

linzy222
16-Nov-04, 18:02
Where do u live?

That would be a good start as all the replies r for Thurso and u might live in wick!!

Fran
17-Nov-04, 01:42
i have been going to george durrand in roxburgh road for 20 years. he is very good and reliable, fast and cheap, he is also employed by the police for breakdown and accident recovery so he must be good. i would recommend him ;)

mareng
17-Nov-04, 07:10
Try Northern Motors in Thurso, just along from the British Legion.

He is absolutely fantastic and a real genuine guy, won't rip you off.

It's not still run by "Curly" Swanson is it? I would have difficulty recommending him.

Lou18
17-Nov-04, 09:29
I live in Thurso but I'm quite happy to go through to Wick if it means getting a good deal, I've heard that Dougie Campbell in Murkle is a good? And someone else recommeded a guy in Halkirk?

SJR
17-Nov-04, 15:02
Do not take anything to george hacksaw durrand, he should not be allowed anywhere near a car.he is a liability who knows nothing, plus rips you off. A friend of my b/f got charged£390 for taking his car from georgmas to wick, he ws told by other garages the same job would cost between £80 to £120!

Zael
17-Nov-04, 15:57
try John's Motors out at Harland (back of reiss) on 01955 604087.

Is a bit slow (because he's really busy) but very cheap and does very good work (especially welding)

Rheghead
18-Nov-04, 11:18
I have only heard good reports about sutherlands at reay, bikers go there to get stuff done...