PDA

View Full Version : Dog Walking (:

mirandarainbow
21-Aug-11, 16:52
Dog walker available in the thurso area, for reasonably well behaved dogs, that get along fine with other dogs. I'm only 15, but am a responsible dog owner, and have been around dogs all my life. Any size, breed, or age of dog! Prices can be discussed with the owner, and once meeting the dog(s). Can walk 2/3 dogs at a time.

Please PM or email me if interested, or with questions! Thanks a lot! (:

mirandarainbow
21-Aug-11, 16:53
Sorry, Email pink-possum@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks! :D

snow tiger
21-Aug-11, 18:21
Just wondered do you have insurance

arat
21-Aug-11, 19:30
do you walk dogs snow tiger

mirandarainbow
21-Aug-11, 19:33
I don't, no, which is why'd I'd make sure it was a reasonably well behaved and got on ok with other dogs. The dog itself, would preferably be insured. It's more a small fun thing to do with a little charge. I'd meet the owners and dogs before hand, and would then let owners decide whether they'd trust me enough to take them. (: I'm mainly just a genuine animal lover, and I love walking (:

snow tiger
21-Aug-11, 20:50
i was just concerened thats all, its ok if the owner has insurance but most dog walking services have there own liability insurance just as peace of mind, for yourself and the dogs.

snow tiger
21-Aug-11, 20:51
arat i do not walk dogs myself, but have friends that do this service

mirandarainbow
22-Aug-11, 10:16
Thanks for the concern (: This is more just for fun and to make a little bit of money, although I'd take it seriously enough to take care of the dog/s and to allow the owners to feel confident that their dog is in good hands (:

Dadie
22-Aug-11, 11:01
Its not so much the dogs you are walking that could cause problems, but the other dogs and owners you will meet.
Thats why "proffessional" dog walkers have liability insurance, just incase one of the dogs getting walked has an accident or is attacked and fights back etc.
Im not trying to put you off doing it as it sounds like a fun way for you to earn some pocket money, and hope you find some dogs to walk.
And I hope you poop scoop!

mirandarainbow
22-Aug-11, 19:06
Yeah, I understand all of that! I walk my dogs 3 times a day anyway, so just thought I could lend a hand if anyone needs it sometime for a little fee (:

Robinwood
24-Aug-11, 05:02
I guess you should post some pictures of the pets so that we could have a clear look at them and directly visit you for the price rather then visiting to you and discuss as many of us really do not have time to spend a day by visiting to your kennel or home ! Hope you understand our problem

mirandarainbow
25-Aug-11, 01:04
Sorry, I don't really understand what you mean by posting pictures? I would visit the animal and owners myself, at a time convient for them obviously, and it would only take up about 10 minutes of their time. Clearly the cost would be pretty little, as I am only 15 and am just trying to make a little bit of money for helping out those who need a hand with walking their dogs if they do not have the time themselves, and the owners and I can discuss for a reasonable price. As not many dogs are the same, the price would depend on several factors - temperement of dog, length of walk required..etc.
I do understand your problem, so if you are interested, and don't have the time for a visit, please just PM me about your dog/s and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thank-you!

And thanks to those who have already been in touch, its been a pleasure to walk for you! (: x

Tatbabe
25-Aug-11, 21:07
I understand where you're coming from but I agree regarding liability - you don't know the dogs you come across when walking other people's dogs and anything can happen ... unfortunately. And since you're only 15 your parents would be held liable for any incidents that might happen.

Also, if you go ahead with this, the price shouldn't depend on the dog's temperament etc. but simply on the length of the walk.

donnick
25-Aug-11, 22:25
what a great idea, i am sure people will use ur services .Good luck

summer
25-Aug-11, 22:45
I understand where you're coming from but I agree regarding liability - you don't know the dogs you come across when walking other people's dogs and anything can happen ... unfortunately. And since you're only 15 your parents would be held liable for any incidents that might happen.

Also, if you go ahead with this, the price shouldn't depend on the dog's temperament etc. but simply on the length of the walk.

I don't know, I kind of like the idea that someone who has put the effort into training their dog to walk well gets some sort of recognition over someone who hasn't bothered.

mirandarainbow
26-Aug-11, 00:32
Thanks for the concern about liablity and that, but its up to the owners if they want to hire me (: I was looking for ways to make a little bit of money :D I agree with summer, because I reckon that it would be a lot more work to walk a dog that has to be kept on a lead and pulls, to a placid dog that will happily walk near by with no lead. But thanks for the opinion anyway (:

Also, thank-you again to those who have been in touch, it's been great fun! (: If you need a hand again, just give me a shout! I'm now quite busy with walking, and everything, and college will be starting soon, so just to let everyone know I'm closing the thread now. And thanks for everyone's opinions - everythings gone fine and theres been no problems walking, but opinions are always welcome anyway!

Cheers! (: