PDA

View Full Version : 70's Horror Film Featuring House Of The Northern Gate, Dunnet

pumkin
20-Aug-11, 10:49
Hi :)

After doing some research about Dunnet I discovered the House of the Northern Gate ( the big white house)was featured in a 70's Horror film. I cant seem to find any info on what the film was called or who starred in it. Does anyone have any info on this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunnet

Neil Howie
20-Aug-11, 22:20
It's curious.

Haven't heard, so had a look at the Wikipedia page.

The section of the article seems to be added by user showing as 81.145.241.229.

A click on the history of this user (talk) indicates that they have been guilty of wiki vandalism a few times, and are on their last warning. That's not to say it isn't true that the house was used in a horror film, but I have major doubts.
Humourously (or not) 81.145.241.229 added this to the Wikipedia history of Lumbfoot

One such notable event in recent years was the spread of the "Chav" to the tiny principality. An "offcumden" (a Yorkshire term which approximates to "incomer" or "arriviste")took up residence and was soon observed to be displaying behaviour consistent with afficionados of the anti-social subculture, specifically the permanent adornment of his cranium with a baseball cap, and the littering of the surrounding area with old motor vehicles. It has been reported that the alleged "chav" on one occasion unlawfully entered a neighbour's house and perpetrated an assault upon the occupant, but as the house in question was destroyed in a fire shortly afterwards, no forensic evidence survives which might help to prove the allegation. Other, unsubstantiated allegations against the individual, include sabotage of Lumb Foot's campaign against climate change, by introducing two barbecues and an unfeasibly large patio heater to the principality. A spokesman for the provisional government of Lumb Foot said: "our carbon footprint is now as big as China's. Something must be done quickly, before it is too late. We are seeking a deportation order, but in the meantime we are considering the establishment of a detention centre for this anti-social individual, in the Wuthering Heights Inn". The "chav" himself was not available for comment, as he was reported to be spending a drunken weekend in Cumbria.

pumkin
21-Aug-11, 07:58
Thanx v much. I suspect ur right. No wonder we couldnt find anymore info about it online :(