PDA

View Full Version : Are you a FITBUG'er?

dragonfly
03-Oct-06, 10:20
Just wondering if there are any others in the county who have joined FITBUG (http://www.fitbug.co.uk/v2/about.php)?

Me and my boss have and have to say it does motivate you more than just an ordinary pedometer.

If anyone else has signed up to Fitbug, I have created a league in the Fantasy Footfall called Fitbug Highlands so join the league and give us a challenge!

http://www.fitbug.co.uk/v2/images/logos/fitbug_logo.gif

saxovtr
03-Oct-06, 10:35
no need to join anything like that,i just go out jogging every cuple of nights cheaper way to stay fit ;)

dragonfly
03-Oct-06, 10:38
good for you Saxovtr, unfortunately some of us need a wee bit of a push to find motivation. too easy to sit at home at nights in front of the box in the corner :( and having spent money on it, means you have more to lose if you don't keep it up.

saxovtr
03-Oct-06, 11:34
my motivation is,why should i waste money to keep fit,when i can do it at my own leisure and it dosnt cost me anything,but yeh i guess sum people prefer other methods,im just a young sprout tho so you know,i need much motivation im fill with energy[lol] and i do not watch tv its just full with rubbish

Wish
03-Oct-06, 18:53
That seems a fabulous idea, thanks for the link, in the middle of moving atm, but once we are in, I will be joining its just the thing I need:cool:

dragonfly
03-Oct-06, 19:37
look forward to seeing you in the Highland League in that case Wish :)

when its a beautiful summers evening it makes you want to get out and about but come the shorter nights and colder weather, its much easier to not make the effort, with this monitoring you it does get you going - I'm already planning where I can walk my dog at nights cos likes of up the river and along Victoria Walk aren't the best places to go in the pitch black!!!

At the moment my daily steps target is 11,400 but it have been up as high as 16,000 and I have even managed to walk over 25,000 once or twice!

dirdyweeker
03-Oct-06, 23:40
If it works for you and you are motivated by it and enjoy it then good luck. I should join too......maybe when the better weather comes?