PDA

View Full Version : Resaurant Menus

jaykay
03-Oct-06, 09:35
On the occasions when I am lucky enough to visit resraurants one thing that has really started to irritate me is the fact that I have great difficulty reading the menus. If the menus are printed in black and white and the lighting level is reasonable I manage OK but all to often the menus are printed using light colours on coloured back grounds (I find red letters on a yellow background really bad) I sometimes cannot read them. Also a lot of restaurants have very poor levels of lighting which does not help. Does anyone else have this difficulty or is it just me? I have reasonable eyesight alyhough I do use reading glasses.

Kingetter
03-Oct-06, 09:54
I've had similar problems occasionally and at such times as one is in a dimly lit restaurant, I wonder what it is they're trying to hide.

Lavenderblue2
03-Oct-06, 11:01
I have the same problem when trying to read labels on products in the supermarket.
Certain colours together make reading almost impossible - I'm glad it's not just me...

LB

Kingetter
03-Oct-06, 11:03
I suppose it is all to do with this modern thing called style - personally most of it leaves me cold though I can get het up about it at times :lol:

badger
03-Oct-06, 12:20
So many things these days are printed in a way that obviously pleases the designer but makes them very difficult to read. I get really fed up with leaflets that have either light print on a light coloured background or dark on dark. Font sizes equally ridiculously small - taking read the small print to extremes. Noticed the Caithness Explorer had reduced its print size this year - why ?? If they don't want us to read, why bother? Maybe the answer in restaurants is for all customers to demand the staff read right through the menu before ordering. Wouldn't that be fun?

Kingetter
03-Oct-06, 13:13
So many things these days are printed in a way that obviously pleases the designer but makes them very difficult to read. I get really fed up with leaflets that have either light print on a light coloured background or dark on dark. Font sizes equally ridiculously small - taking read the small print to extremes. Noticed the Caithness Explorer had reduced its print size this year - why ?? If they don't want us to read, why bother? Maybe the answer in restaurants is for all customers to demand the staff read right through the menu before ordering. Wouldn't that be fun?

Yup, esp if the staff can't read (properly).