PDA

View Full Version : primark

Murph
02-Oct-06, 23:05
hi ...... does anyone know if its true that primark is opening in inverness on wednesday 4th october

dirdyweeker
02-Oct-06, 23:27
it was said on this forum here recently that they were due to open on the 1st October. I hope so as I am off to Inverness tomorrow and was hoping to find it up and running. If no replies by tomorrow night I will certainly let you know.

Murph
02-Oct-06, 23:36
ok thank you i hope so too

chiccool
03-Oct-06, 00:53
:) Yes its true , i heard it on M.F.R today "opening 9am wed. 4th."

sweetpea
03-Oct-06, 16:47
Excellent news, I'm going on Thursday. It's my fave shop when I go to Glasgow- Primark Princess is my other half's nickname for me,sad or what but if it's good enough for Colleen et al then it's good enough for me.:D

scaraben
03-Oct-06, 21:59
Can anyone enlighten me, what line does Primark deal in ???

Ruby-roo
03-Oct-06, 22:03
Think its cheap throw-away fashion type stuff..

sweetpea
03-Oct-06, 22:32
Think its cheap throw-away fashion type stuff..

Your right Ruby-roo, it is exactly that although they do the best rip offs of designer gear but like everything else it's hit or miss. If you need to look good for work and need a lot of stuff it's great. I've got a pair of trousers I got there about 4 years ago and they are still like new and their pyjams are the best, kids clothes excellent value too. Just need to be careful what you buying and mix and match with good quality clothes;)

Ruby-roo
03-Oct-06, 22:37
Your right Ruby-roo, it is exactly that although they do the best rip offs of designer gear but like everything else it's hit or miss. If you need to look good for work and need a lot of stuff it's great. I've got a pair of trousers I got there about 4 years ago and they are still like new and their pyjams are the best, kids clothes excellent value too. Just need to be careful what you buying and mix and match with good quality clothes;)

Yeh definately, I'll be passing through I'ness this weekend so will no doubt have a browse:D

sweetpea
03-Oct-06, 22:48
I'm such a saddo cause this thread has been highlight of my week so far hearing it was finally opening[lol]

dirdyweeker
03-Oct-06, 23:08
:) Yes its true , i heard it on M.F.R today "opening 9am wed. 4th."

unfortunately(for me) it is open tomorrow. Went to Inverness today but could only look in the window of Primark. It is looking good. I will just have to go back down again soon to see it all. Thank goodness for the school holidays on Friday.....a good excuse to go shopping in the city!!

Victor Vendetta
03-Oct-06, 23:15
"Think its cheap throw-away fashion type stuff"

It's not quite as bad as your quote makes it sound although its not haute couture.

98elite
03-Oct-06, 23:25
Hey girls there's a couple of top Primark items been picked out by the designer mags, one that I remember is a coat with BIG buttons at £15, they have some great gear, made the press bigtime last year with the ladies soldiers jacket, one for the boys this year is, CS Active fitted boxers by Cederwood State, they are the best money can by at £2, other shops want £15 to £25 for similar, so cumfy.

Bakerbhoy
04-Oct-06, 11:14
Their kids clothes are great, if you buy at t shirt for a couple of quid and your kid gets paint on it at school which won't come off its no big deal. I have stacks of trousers, t shirts and jumpers/fleeces all from Primark and they wash well and some are better quality than their expensive counterparts!!!! Would recommend their kids clothes to anyone.

Cattach
04-Oct-06, 11:28
Excellent news, I'm going on Thursday. It's my fave shop when I go to Glasgow- Primark Princess is my other half's nickname for me,sad or what but if it's good enough for Colleen et al then it's good enough for me.:D

Who is Colleen?!

sweetpea
04-Oct-06, 11:33
Wayne Rooney's girlfriend! Regular shopper at Primark and of course Asda who she does an advertising campaign for their George label;)

kc
04-Oct-06, 13:28
I'm going to Inverness this weekend, so where do i go to find this shop? was in one in dundee and i enjoyed myself!!!

dan67
04-Oct-06, 13:32
where in invernes is it

angela5
04-Oct-06, 13:36
This is all getting too much, i'm feeling all excited about primark i better get down there to have a look myself. Where about is it in Inverness.[lol]

moose and Lindsay
04-Oct-06, 13:41
I'm going to Inverness this weekend, so where do i go to find this shop? was in one in dundee and i enjoyed myself!!!

It is across the road from pound stretchers just down from woolworths and mcDonalds

henry20
04-Oct-06, 13:43
Where Littlewoods used to be? Not sure where I thought it was going, but wasn't at that side of town. I'm going on Monday - would've been totally lost if I went on my own initiative!!

angela5
04-Oct-06, 13:45
Where Littlewoods used to be?

:eek: Down by the river?

moose and Lindsay
04-Oct-06, 13:52
I'm not sure who had the shop before!!

I was down in inverness a couple of weeks ago and i saw the shop as i was coming out of pound stretchers, i thought it was open as no signs on windows saying when it was open and the place was all lite up, so we went over and people were trying the doors to get in, but they were locked, as from today they will be open :lol:

I think the clothes r great, especially the kids stuff, jeans for £3 and tops Brilliant, i can't wait to go and if it is as big as the 1 in Aberdeen u will be in there for hours :lol: well i am!!!!

moose and Lindsay
04-Oct-06, 13:56
:eek: Down by the river?

Yes thats right

Fran
04-Oct-06, 16:56
Its in the former Littlewoods store. I used to love that shop, I dont think PrimaRK IS AS GOOD AND IT DOESNT HAVE LARGE SIZES. I miss Littlewoods.

girnigoe
04-Oct-06, 16:57
u will be in there for hours :lol: well i am!!!!

Me too. But usually waiting in the queue!!!

I love the shop, great clothes at an even greater price but oh the queues!! They normally only have a couple of tills on and I usually have to wait at least half an hour to be served...

I suppose I shouldnt grumble its worth the wait! :grin:

henry20
04-Oct-06, 16:58
I guess thats why they can keep prices low - less cost on staffing. I'll just leave hubby in the queue while I browse :lol:

girnigoe
04-Oct-06, 18:38
Good Idea! must keep that in mind for next time :lol:

orkneylass
04-Oct-06, 20:38
Was in Inverness today and my taxi driver said it was chaos down there today which was openeing day, obviously caused a lot of excitement

henry20
10-Oct-06, 11:35
I guess thats why they can keep prices low - less cost on staffing. I'll just leave hubby in the queue while I browse :lol:

Didn't have to leave hubby in the queue - there were 6 people on checkout with others on shop floor keeping the place as presentable as possible (with everyone unfolding everything immediately afterwards). If you did have to wait in the queue, it was only briefly.

All in all, a pleasant shopping experience - lets hope they keep it up!

Oh, and I picked up a nice winter jacket for £15. :D