PDA

View Full Version : New Mobile

bonami
17-Aug-11, 20:31
I have recently bought a new mobile phone. My problem is how do I register it. I used the sim card from my old phone. I am told that to be able send and receive photographs I must register it

dx100uk
18-Aug-11, 00:04
try a search engine or a mobile phone forum?

you cant 'just' throw your old sim in a new phone if it is locked to a different operator.

dx

angusk2
18-Aug-11, 09:28
He/she didn't say it was locked,I assume he/she is after the settings that allow you to send/receive mms.

If its Vodafone take out the sim and put another 1 in and turn on then put your sim in.Every time you put a different sim in you receive a msg with the settings that you save to send and receive multi media messages,not sure how it works with other operators though.

BrianJM
18-Aug-11, 17:01
A new phone would normally have the necessary settings.
Settings should also be available from your operator's web site for sending direct to phone however I'm assuming that this may be an upgrade and your old phone didn't do picture messaging (MMS).

Registration, via the web site, will link your old sim to the new phone and its functionality.

Moonboots
18-Aug-11, 20:31
It should do it automatically however maybe the sim is too old for the phone.
If it is then I would personally call the provider and ask for a replacement sim card.
They would send out a 3G version.

If its not old and the settings are not being sent automatically then go into the menu and look for the sim card menu (maybe in settings) and click the list which asks to send settings.