PDA

View Full Version : More store

linzy222
15-Nov-04, 17:02
Does any1 know what its going to be?

William
15-Nov-04, 17:06
i think there was some think about it being a chemisttype place but not 100% sure

2little2late
15-Nov-04, 17:11
Does any1 know what its going to be?

Another empty shop? [lol]

linzy222
15-Nov-04, 17:51
i think there was some think about it being a chemisttype place but not 100% sure

Oh no thats the last thing we need!!

We need CLOTHES SHOPS!!

Fran
16-Nov-04, 01:09
[mad] i see the more store is closing down for good on next saturday. It was reported in the paper that the prospective buyer has pulled out, who can blame them, the building is falling apart and leaking inside. so it looks like it will be an empty shop once again, which is such a great shame. Who owns it anyway - is it Kamal, does anyone know? Great place to have a car boot sale hint hint :lol:

linzy222
16-Nov-04, 08:44
[quote="Fran"][mad] i see the more store is closing down for good on next saturday.

So i take it wick more store is still open?

Thurso 1 has been closed for nearly 2weeks]

beemer
16-Nov-04, 11:39
noone has bought it over.

scotsboy
16-Nov-04, 12:02
I dont know which is the more sad:

1. A Your More Store on your towns main high street. Or

2. People being upset by a Your More Store closing.

linzy222
16-Nov-04, 12:23
who is upset?????

William
16-Nov-04, 12:56
It was reported in the paper that the prospective buyer has pulled out

that is what happened in thurso to the chemist type place "super save" or some thing like that were going to buy it but pulled out

kenimac1
16-Nov-04, 15:45
The More Store in Dingwall has just closed and Superdrug has taken over the shop.

stixie
16-Nov-04, 15:48
I wonder how all the Dingwall chemists will survive with Boots and Superdrug being so close together and then Tesco's being really close and very cheap aswell.

Fran
17-Nov-04, 01:08
:p Arent Dingwall lucky to have those shops...........especially when they are nearer to Inverness than we are :p

mike.mckenzie
17-Nov-04, 13:42
The one in Oban is closed as well.

linzy222
17-Nov-04, 13:43
I heard a rumour that they were bankrupt!!

Might be wrong tho!!

JAWS
17-Nov-04, 17:55
It's not a rumour, the firm owning "More" went into receivership. That's a posh way of saying they went Bankrupt!

linzy222
19-Nov-04, 19:45
OH!!

Heard today that Argos is going there!!

tip top
19-Nov-04, 22:31
No way will argos come to Wick, are you sure it's not Marks & Spencers or Debenhams ????

:eek:

girnigoe
20-Nov-04, 00:15
Argos are definetly thinking of coming to Wick. I was down the town one morning and was aproached by a guy with a clipboard. I thought he was going to try and get me to take out a catalogue!! He informed me Argos was thinking of opening a store in the town and asked me a few questions about it.

I heard Robbie Macdonald is going to be retiring so I think Argos would be great!!

Would also like Debenhams and Marks and Spencers too but I cant see that happening!!

Fran
20-Nov-04, 03:31
:eyes I heard from a shopkeeper today that both the Red Cross and Argos are interested in the Alliance bank building and that Argos are also considering the More Store. Its funny how all the second hand shops seem to move in next door to each other.I am still hoping it is true about Tescos coming to the airport.....they were here measuring up. :D :D

larcc
21-Nov-04, 19:38
Rumour has it homebase is trying for a place in wick!

Wizzbang
26-Nov-04, 04:28
Wer could do with another charity shop.
the ones we have are getting a little boring !! :Razz

Julia
26-Nov-04, 15:32
I need to have a wee moan here...

I was shocked by the posters in the window of the More Store in Wick which were put up by the staff.... they were along the lines of 'we need jobs', 'we have no money for turkey at xmas' etc.. the posters just went on and on about having no money and no job!

Many other people are in the same boat and they don't do anything as silly as that!

Fran
27-Nov-04, 01:44
:roll: .....and at the end of their day, did you see the More Store staff stand ing outside the shop asking motorists to toot their horns as they passed, which they all did, what a noise. Shopkeepers came out to see if there had been an accident, and there was quite a congestion of vehicles. :roll:

girnigoe
27-Nov-04, 02:12
I also saw them sitting in the window after the shop had shut drinking!!!!!

Now where would they get the money for that???? :eyes

I know it cant be nice to be out of a job - but for goodness sake - a bit over the top if you ask me. :eek:

JAWS
27-Nov-04, 21:48
Now I know why Wick is in the state it's in. It's full of people with complete SOHF!

For Heavens sake, is that the worst people have ever done in Wick?

I always thought the people who made accusations of girning and moaning were exagerating but now even I am having second thoughts!

What an Attitude Problem some of you seem to have! The look of the Town Centre just reflects the look of your faces!

girnigoe
28-Nov-04, 04:46
SOFH?

JAWS
28-Nov-04, 11:20
Sense of Humour Failure! There seems to be a lot of it about, in fact it seems nearly everybody has caught it.

I hope somebody finds a cure for it soon before the complaint gets too serious!

Sunday
29-Nov-04, 02:36
Sense of humour / Pity/Disdain - you decide?

JAWS
29-Nov-04, 03:50
Pity and Disdain? I sure have a lot of that and it's not for the More Staff.

If what the More Store Staff do is all that people have to worry about then the World is a wonderful place.

It must be great to live in such a Paradise with so few problems!

Sunday
29-Nov-04, 11:53
Well if I were to go past the More store and see them necking white lightning or tennants or whatever - I may be young but I can't see the "humour".

girnigoe
29-Nov-04, 12:57
Do you know what. I give up!! [mad]

JAWS
29-Nov-04, 18:56
Sorry, I didn't realise that a can of beer was so expensive or that drinking one was such a disgusting thing to do.

I must agree, however, that anybody sitting in a shop window in full view of the public is demonstrating a lewd and disgusting display and a bye-law should be passed immediately to prevent this ever happening again.

Shops should immediately be forced to blank off their windows in order that staff may not be seen through the windows.

Ban the demon drink immediately, close all the bars and ban the shops and supermarkets from selling alcohol and allowing the shop assistants of Wick decending into the depth of depravity.
Has any of you ever thought that somebody might have given them a few cans as a present? Perhaps they were asking passers-by to give them money to pay for it?

Was the poster in the window anything which you dare not let a child read? Perhaps it was full of four letter words? Perhaps it contained some Racist, Sexist of Religious comments? Did it contain any abuse towards anybody whatsoever?

Just what exactly was the problem?
And a Merry Christmas to all you complainers!

girnigoe
29-Nov-04, 23:34
Please accept my apologies JAWS. I didnt realise you were one of the staff of the more store. :roll:

JAWS
29-Nov-04, 23:39
Now what would make you think that, girnigoe?

girnigoe
30-Nov-04, 00:12
No sorry I just forgot whatever I say you have to say the complete opposite [disgust] .

Now let me see, Is the pope Catholic???? :eyes

JAWS
30-Nov-04, 00:42
I'll have to check on that but he was the last time he came to visit or if he isn't he did a very convincing impression.

And no, I don't work for him. Somehow He does seem to do very well without my assistance.
But I did help over the parking when he visited if that counts.

2little2late
30-Nov-04, 22:39
So, they have lost their jobs. It is a shame but, they weren't the first people in Wick to lose their jobs and they certainly won't be the last. Enough of this self pity and maybe they will get on with their lives.There are plenty of other people in the same situation, why should they be treated any different? That's life. Okay, so they say they are unhappy because it came about at the wrong time, near christmas. But is there a right time for people to lose their jobs?

Face up to reality, no job lasts forever. They knew the shop was going to close, so why didn't they find another job in the meantime?
And as for sitting in the shop window drinking. Quite shameless I have to say. What did they think they were going to acheive?
Stop all this self pity and wake up to reality.

girnigoe
30-Nov-04, 22:48
Thank you very much Singapore!!

You have just put my exact thoughts into words!! :o)

gravedigga
30-Nov-04, 23:38
I don't think there's anything wrong with them sitting having a drink, prob cheaper to get a few tinnies or multipack of alcopops(whatever they were drinking) than it is to go to the pub and get a few rounds in.

In most workplaces there are nights out if someone leaves or at xmas and things, so the only difference is they were doing it in the shop - big deal.

JAWS
01-Dec-04, 01:09
Singapore, girnigoe, why is it that people always assume that everybody reacts the same?

Did the Staff of the More Store ask either of you for a hand-out or for sympathy? Did any of them have the "begging tins" out?

Methinks that it is not the More Store Staff who have the problem but those who have a far too melancholy outlook on life.

Could there be a hint of jealousy because they made light of a bad situation where some others couldn't?

Woe, Woe is me for I am all undone! How dare others refuse to panic!
As the Captain of the Titanic said, "At last I've got some ice for my Gin and Tonic!"

Do I see the More Staff complaining on the Board? Do I see them in Wick with Banners complaining?
Not on your life! They seem to have just got on with it whilst the "Complainers" are still bemoaning their fate!

They have moved on, so just who has the problems and just who is still begging for sympathy?

Chick
02-Dec-04, 14:57
the one in wick was going to get opened but they have something damaged to the roof. i heard that peacocks was going to open up but not to sure.

Sunday
02-Dec-04, 18:07
"Do I see the More Staff complaining on the Board? Do I see them in Wick with Banners complaining?
Not on your life! They seem to have just got on with it whilst the "Complainers" are still bemoaning their fate!
"

Er.. Um... That entire statement is just.. wrong.

1) Their not on the board because a) Their at the pub b) Their trying to get a gyro c) Their at the pub

2) Why arent they in Wick with banners: see above

3) The "complainers" on this board are merely using the board as it is meant. Discussing with similar minded folk local events. No - not "bemoaning" anyone. I just wanted to state that sitting in the more store (which isnt really a reputable franchise) for all to see with cheap drink is not funny, clever or a good example to anyone.
Is there not a law saying you cant drink out on the street?
(For all you smarty pants I know they are not technically on the street but as well as)

gravedigga
02-Dec-04, 19:20
"I just wanted to state that sitting in the more store (which isnt really a reputable franchise) for all to see with cheap drink is not funny, clever or a good example to anyone.

No one's saying it's funny, clever or a good example but what harm were the people doing to you. Jeesus they were only having a drink on their last day of working together.

Slagging them off cos they're looking for a gyro - so would i be if i was out of work - we all have to eat and pay bills.

You just sound like a snob.

Sunday
03-Dec-04, 01:17
Er is a pub not a better option?

gravedigga
03-Dec-04, 01:38
Maybe but it's probably more expensive, after all these people have just lost their jobs.

Mr P Cannop
03-Dec-04, 09:32
I feel sorry for them all

Rheghead
03-Dec-04, 10:29
I feel sorry for them all

I do too, it is not nice to lose your job when its not your fault. They were having a drink to wish each other luck and to console themselves. And they were obviously not caring about we thought of them, why should they?

Good Luck in finding work in Wick, cos I think you'll need it.