PDA

View Full Version : Cancer Research UK Relay for Life 27th August 2011

dancingtaz13
16-Aug-11, 00:26
Whos all coming along to the event?
Fingers and toes and everything else possible crossed for good weather. ;)

The Relay for Life starts at 2pm on Saturday 27th and ends at 6am on Sunday.
We are having a Family Fun Afternoon between 2pm and 5pm with lots of stalls, fun activities, mini relay for kids with novelty laps, demonstrations and music. Relay starts at 6pm with the opening ceremony & a lap of honour with survivors leading the way followed by teams.

We will have the candle of hope ceremony later on in the Evening.
The Candle of Hope ceremony is a poignant part of our Relay. As darkness falls, candles are lit and we remember all those whose lives have been touched by cancer. You can dedicate a Candle of Hope to a loved one to celebrate their life and make a donation to Cancer Research UK. All candle bags can be purchased for £5 from the Cancer Research shop in both Wick & Thurso. You can decorate them yourself or buy a pre decorated one. The candle bags must be handed back along with the dedication form at least 5days before the event.

We currently have 62 survivors registered & 74 teams.

Everyone is welcome & we look forward to seeing you all there. Once again we will do Caithness proud......

Caithness Relay for Life Committee.

Beat Bug
16-Aug-11, 17:33
I'm doing the Relay for Life as a team member. I'll be the one dressed as Minnie Mouse! Looking for sponsors for this worthy cause. PM me for details of on-line giving. Thank you.

dancingtaz13
16-Aug-11, 22:31
We will look out for you!! Our team had a generous donation given to us tonight by a canadian tourist. She was asking us why we all had certain headgear and what it was for and we replied with what we were doing and what it was for and she handed over a donation as she has had cancer before.
Unfortunately they wont be here for the event. How generous are some people :D