PDA

View Full Version : Please come up here!!

Corrie 3
15-Aug-11, 19:12
Will the Cop who caught this Guy please come up here to work? It seems to me that every 5th car I pass has the driver is using their mobile and nothing is done cos there aint no cops on the roads these days!!
Catch 'em and sling them in jail and throw away the key!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-14533821

C3.....:roll::roll:[disgust]

Angel
15-Aug-11, 21:21
I totally agree... Posting this reply via Blackberry whilst driving white Transit van!

Angel...

Corrie 3
15-Aug-11, 21:47
I totally agree... Posting this reply via Blackberry whilst driving white Transit van!

Angel...
Yep Angel, the more I read your posts the more I think you are a unlikeable Incomer...please go home whence you came!!!!!..(unless you end up over a cliff in your tranny van first of course) !!!!

C3....[disgust][disgust]

billmoseley
17-Aug-11, 19:27
it's a joke up here with mobile fones like corrie said everyone does it. bet if i drove my bus and used my fone i would soon get copped

Angel
17-Aug-11, 21:10
Oh Corrie... It is a joke... I don't have a van... a transit van... a white transit van... I don't have a blackberry even, whatever one of those are...
And even if I was an Incomer, I am quite likable...
And even if I wasn't an incomer, I am quite likeable...
And I am definatley not predudice!

I agree with you Corrie, bring the man up here, there are far to many people using mobile phones whilst driving...

Angel...

shazzap
17-Aug-11, 21:25
It doesn't make any difference, whether your an incomer or not. Or if your red, white or sky pink blue. If there is such a colour.
No one, should be using, a mobile phone. Whilst driving.

Angel
17-Aug-11, 23:29
Totally agree Shazzap..

Angel...

Mik.M.
18-Aug-11, 00:20
Need to start naming and shaming and post reg numbers but that`s probably against human rights.

linnie612
18-Aug-11, 01:02
Will the Cop who caught this Guy please come up here to work? It seems to me that every 5th car I pass has the driver is using their mobile and nothing is done cos there aint no cops on the roads these days!!

Yep Angel, the more I read your posts the more I think you are a unlikeable Incomer...please go home whence you came!!!!!..(unless you end up over a cliff in your tranny van first of course) !!!!

C3....[disgust][disgust]

Is it a yay, or a nay for the incomers then?:)

oldmarine
18-Aug-11, 04:24

I don't use mobile (cell phones) and I have a problem with drivers who do use them while driving. They never appear to concentrate on their driving and look like an accident waiting to happen.

Koi
18-Aug-11, 08:48
Alot of people should do what i do when i am driving. Phone on silent in handbag so it doesn't annoy me by making its prescense known while i'm busy lol.

bekisman
18-Aug-11, 09:03
I wonder if the technical people will ever discover a way to use a mobile whilst driving? it's a tall order and maybe outside the bounds of science, but maybe a 'free hands mobile' or 'mobile; free hands' or even 'hands-free mobile' could be invented - wonder if it will ever catch on?

Even Chance
18-Aug-11, 12:08
Lay a good blast on e horn every time you pass someone on their phone. Effin eejits need a good slap for endangering everybody roond them.

At felt good...........

Angel
19-Aug-11, 21:25
It's obvious 'The Cop that caught the Guy' is from Caithness Linnie612. And maybe the 'Guy' isn't from Caithness at all! Not sure about you, but I think I'd rather have the Cop doing a wonderful job on all those who use mobile phones whilst driving who are Incomers only as we Caithnessians never do such things do we...

Angel...

Tugmistress
19-Aug-11, 22:08
Thought they had done that already with 'voice activation' for speed dialling?

linnie612
19-Aug-11, 22:37
It's obvious 'The Cop that caught the Guy' is from Caithness Linnie612. And maybe the 'Guy' isn't from Caithness at all! Not sure about you, but I think I'd rather have the Cop doing a wonderful job on all those who use mobile phones whilst driving who are Incomers only as we Caithnessians never do such things do we...

Angel...

Was he? I didn't know that

orkneycadian
20-Aug-11, 09:38
I wonder if the technical people will ever discover a way to use a mobile whilst driving? it's a tall order and maybe outside the bounds of science, but maybe a 'free hands mobile' or 'mobile; free hands' or even 'hands-free mobile' could be invented - wonder if it will ever catch on?

Will take a look in by Tescos this afternoon to see if they have any. Thyre a pretty forward thinking retailer - Well, coming about the only retailer now that shops are shutting left right and centre.....

What I wonder is when the police are going to start cracking down on all those other distractions folk participate in whilst driving.....

Smoking - Surely well past time for ashtrays and lighters to be completely banned from cars!
Talking to passengers - Must be as distracting as talking on a phone, hands free of course....
Having kids in the car - Major distraction to drivers when they throw ice lollies down the drivers neck. Maybe its time kids should get carried in converted box trailers, so that they don't distract the driver and cause an accident
Being scared of a harmless bee or wasp thats gotten in the car - Should perhaps be part of the driving test - If you are going to go ballistic at 70mph if a bee gets in the car, then FAIL!
Those Radio Cassette / 8 track contraptions that have folk listening to music or the news or whatever when they should be concentrating on the road! Worse still, concentrating on adjusting said contraptions instead of thinking about the road ahead.
GPS - Well, nuff said

Koi
20-Aug-11, 22:29
Will take a look in by Tescos this afternoon to see if they have any. Thyre a pretty forward thinking retailer - Well, coming about the only retailer now that shops are shutting left right and centre.....

What I wonder is when the police are going to start cracking down on all those other distractions folk participate in whilst driving.....

Smoking - Surely well past time for ashtrays and lighters to be completely banned from cars!
Talking to passengers - Must be as distracting as talking on a phone, hands free of course....
Having kids in the car - Major distraction to drivers when they throw ice lollies down the drivers neck. Maybe its time kids should get carried in converted box trailers, so that they don't distract the driver and cause an accident
Being scared of a harmless bee or wasp thats gotten in the car - Should perhaps be part of the driving test - If you are going to go ballistic at 70mph if a bee gets in the car, then FAIL!
Those Radio Cassette / 8 track contraptions that have folk listening to music or the news or whatever when they should be concentrating on the road! Worse still, concentrating on adjusting said contraptions instead of thinking about the road ahead.
GPS - Well, nuff said

I have to admit that i have 3 of those distractions when i drive. GPS is handy at times, Can't drive in silence as makes the journey seem so much longer. My son is always in the car with me as normally the car is sued for places where its too far to get him there in his buggy/we are going away/or got lots of food shopping. The only time he distracts me is when he is screaming in pain or full pelt. Only happened the once and pulled in a layby on the A9 untill he had calmed down. He's a happy child and had reason that day to scream like that.
A soloution to the ice cream down driver's neck problem....don't let them eat in the car!

oldmarine
20-Aug-11, 23:00
Alot of people should do what i do when i am driving. Phone on silent in handbag so it doesn't annoy me by making its prescense known while i'm busy lol.

I wish more people would do as you request. I nearly got hit by a person who was too busy on their cell phone to see me.