PDA

View Full Version : Glorious 12th!!!!

Corrie 3
15-Aug-11, 18:52
It's that time of year again when the City slickers come up from riot torn London to blast the guts out of the grouse! I find it gross that..... (A) they pay up to £10000 a week to stay up here and .....(B) they actually want to blast the guts from an innocent bird. But what I do find really annoying is the fact that they come up here and think they own the bloody place!!!!!
Begger orf back to the South and leave us in peace please and slow down when you drive, it's the A9 not the M1!!!!!

Anus's the lot of them!!!!!

C3.......[disgust][disgust][disgust]

dodo
15-Aug-11, 19:17
have you thought to run for prime minister?????:Razz

Corrie 3
15-Aug-11, 19:23
have you thought to run for prime minister?????
Yes, but Weezer doesnt think I am good enough!!!!

C3.....:roll::roll:;)

Angel
15-Aug-11, 21:17
I think the southerners do own Caithness, or at least a sizable chunk of it! Isn't it the Palmers that own both sides of the Causewaymire! I may be wrong...

Angel...

Corrie 3
15-Aug-11, 21:40
I think the southerners do own Caithness, or at least a sizable chunk of it! Isn't it the Palmers that own both sides of the Causewaymire! I may be wrong...

Angel...
Spoken like a true Incomer Angel !! Keep it up Lass, you are sure to make friends that way !!!

C3.....[disgust]

Walter Ego
15-Aug-11, 22:27
It's that time of year again when the City slickers come up from riot torn London to blast the guts out of the grouse! I find it gross that..... (A) they pay up to £10000 a week to stay up here and .....(B) they actually want to blast the guts from an innocent bird. But what I do find really annoying is the fact that they come up here and think they own the bloody place!!!!!
Begger orf back to the South and leave us in peace please and slow down when you drive, it's the A9 not the M1!!!!!

You know something, I think Bagpuss may have a point.....

Beat Bug
15-Aug-11, 23:11
If they want to spend their money in Caithness, all the better for the businesses that cater for them!

Moira
15-Aug-11, 23:27
If they want to spend their money in Caithness, all the better for the businesses that cater for them!

I would agree with that.

You're not a sooth-moother are you?? ;)

Beat Bug
16-Aug-11, 08:09
You're not a sooth-moother are you?? ;)

I'm not English, if that's what you mean. I'm a little more than half Scottish, and a little less than half Irish.

pmcd
16-Aug-11, 08:55
With reference to the Palmers, our house was once part of Lord Biscuit of Reading's estate. Makes me feel all aristo, dont'cha know, eh what???

bluechesse
16-Aug-11, 09:12
It's that time of year again when the City slickers come up from riot torn London to blast the guts out of the grouse! I find it gross that..... (A) they pay up to £10000 a week to stay up here and .....(B) they actually want to blast the guts from an innocent bird. But what I do find really annoying is the fact that they come up here and think they own the bloody place!!!!! Begger orf back to the South and leave us in peace please and slow down when you drive, it's the A9 not the M1!!!!!Anus's the lot of them!!!!!C3.......[disgust][disgust][disgust]Hang on, you are saying it's gross that some people with plenty of cash want to spend a sizeable chunk of it in Caithness? I'd have thought that any sport (and regardless of you stance on game shooting, it IS a sport) which encourages any one to spend badly needed money inCaithness should be encouraged. Not only does this bring cash in to the county, it provides seasonal work for many on the estates. I don't have and problems with the shooting of game birds personally, there's nothing more cruel about it than killing chickens for dinner. It's certainly not a long and painful death for the little chaps. And it keeps them off the A9!Which, incidentally, has a speed limit of 60 mph. The M1 has a speed limit of 70. I doubt your eyes are good enough to accurately tell the difference between a vehicle traveling at these speeds. And it's normally locals (not all locals before half the org feels the need to defend them selves) traveling at anything that could be construed as speed on this road, as they know it. My experience is that any one from "down south" who is used to the M1 normally panics when presented with a few bends and putters along at 35 mph generally getting in the way. But thats not the point...... Please don't discourage ANY sort of tourism. The bottom line is that the county of Caithness doesn't get many tourists, and we could badly do with the money they spend while they are here.

buggyracer
16-Aug-11, 09:34
sadly, or not, you wont see any "southerners" coming upto caithness spending £10000 a week grouse shooting, (although £10000 wouldnt even get you 1 mornings shooting on a top borders moor) there simply are not the numbers of grouse up here to justify such a price, why? The moors are not managed in numbers by keepers like they are further south, where top grouse moors south will have 5-6 full time keepers managing habitats, estates in the north have 1, youd be lucky to shoot 10 grouse in a day in caithness, you could shoot that in a minute further south.........

spurtle
16-Aug-11, 10:18
I had rather wondered where this figure of £10,000 came from . Here its £175 p day per gun then B+B on top. This provides a stable job for one and doesn't leave much left after a whole year of managing the moor you then have three days out of ten we shoot from August to December, so you add it up , not a huge amount to support someone.

petstop30
16-Aug-11, 11:54

Are you vegetarian then?

essex boy
16-Aug-11, 20:33
you hit the nail on the head petstop30. No one can seriously condone shooting who is not a vegetarian.

binnes
16-Aug-11, 22:48
Totally agree with the OP...it may bring money into the community but can the pain and suffering really be justified?

Walter Ego
17-Aug-11, 08:29
I think it's already been pointed out that C3PO hasn't got a scooby doo about his chosen subject;)

Just more foaming at the mouth about 'them' from 'somewhere else' who 'come up here' and 'think they own the place'.

I hear banjos.

Corrie 3
17-Aug-11, 09:05
Just more foaming at the mouth about 'them' from 'somewhere else' who 'come up here' and 'think they own the place'.

Too right Walter, makes me wish for the day when all game birds are extinct. Maybe then they will turn their guns on each other for "sport"!!!!

C3.......:roll:;)

buggyracer
17-Aug-11, 17:38
Too right Walter, makes me wish for the day when all game birds are extinct. Maybe then they will turn their guns on each other for "sport"!!!!C3.......:roll:;)That's the point, our local moors are not managed for grouse, and they are nearly devoid of any, the managed moors have so many you would literally be tripping over them, like it or not managed moors for shooting/sport promote numbers of birds by habitat management, left to their own they will all but disappear.

orkneycadian
17-Aug-11, 19:14
Wish they would come over here and spend £10000 a day shooting greylag geese!

Angel
17-Aug-11, 21:30
You are such a sweetie Corrie... thanks...

Angel...

oldmarine
17-Aug-11, 21:43
Some interesting comments on this subject. From what I have read about the London Riots, etc., it's a real mess.

orkneycadian
17-Aug-11, 21:48
Maybe we could have a role reversal and we could all go down to London to shoot looters!

tonkatojo
17-Aug-11, 21:53
Maybe we could have a role reversal and we could all go down to London to shoot looters!

No need to go that far just turn up in Manchester the next euro tie with the Glasgow chaps loosing.;)