PDA

View Full Version : When I'm Prime Minister / Dictator!

Phill
14-Aug-11, 23:21
With recent, and not so recent events in mind. And all our varied, but valid, opinions on how to deal with the causes of and or the effects of:

riots / looting / teenage pregnancy / benefits / jobless / lack of jobs / bankers / mega corps' / royalty / rich / poor / fuel / poverty / NHS / polis / cars / green issues / climate change / speed cameras / hoodies / hackers / social workers / race / windymills / wagon wheels not as big as they used to be / national service / smoking / drinking / pensions / tax / football / sex / religion / labour / conservative / liberals / monster raving loonies (delete as applicable).

My question is: what would you do if you were PM?

joxville
15-Aug-11, 00:20
I'd buy a nice, big, gas guzzling car and go for a long holiday at your expense. Then I'd have a referendum on getting rid of Royalty and leaving the EU. I'd cut the number of MP's and councillors, give myself a large pay rise with hefty pension, then quit and let some poor sap take over. :)

And I'd ban Rod Stewart from ever singing again and Sean Connery from being allowed back in the UK.

Bobinovich
15-Aug-11, 00:57
For me it all comes down to government / politicians / bureaucrats - not just the current batch but pretty much all of them going back many years!!! They have passed all the laws which see us in the place we are now - everything from removing freedom for parents and teachers to suitably chastise unruly kids when they're young enough to learn from it, to pandering to every EU law they see fit to pass, to giving the bankers the free reign to cause financial mayhem, for many to prioritise lining their own pockets, for letting business leaders dictate by the back door how the country runs, for pushing the whole social / benefits culture and making it so that many folk are better off not working, for criminals to have more human rights than their victims, etc. etc. Guy Fawkes was right on the mark - we need to wipe them all out and start from scratch please :D.

...and as if by magic (maybe they've read my post ;)) this (http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/15/cameron-miliband-head-head-riots) appears this morning lol...