PDA

View Full Version : Proposed Industrial Development ?

concerned resident
02-Oct-06, 14:13
After all the debate about ASDA’s, it will be interesting to see the response, to the proposed Industrial Development of 9 plots, roads, lights, just down the road on a green field site. Where Holt Drainage premises are, the first green field on the right heading towards BT. Application is made by Scrabster Harbour Trust for proposed Development at Scrabster Mains Farm. Suspect it will go by totally unnoticed, glad I do not live near by with the possible implications.

peter macdonald
02-Oct-06, 18:50
As someone who saw at very close hand how the industries of Wick died away one after the other almost killing the place I find this kind of attitude very strage .Dounreay has begun to run down there aint so many of Stevens lorries hauling fish up the brae as the fishing industry is suffering badly, the Smyril doesnt come now and what do we get... opposition to Adsa and now
"glad I do not live near by with the possible implications." to the proposed development by Scrabster Harbour Trust
Each to their one I suppose but I suggest you folks in Thurso take a look at what happened to Wick over the last few decades and make sure you get enough industry to stop the same thing happening to you

Victor Vendetta
04-Oct-06, 23:49
I do live nearby.
I wasn't aware of this development.
However I have absolutely no problems with it whatsoever.
Can't imagine what implications there might be, presumably those hinted at are of an adverse nature.
Noise (sorry can't hear you)
People working (Good)
Business starting/expanding (Good again)
Change (Ah wait a minute thats it, thats the problem change. Time for a petition)
Might even lose my sacred, god given right to a view (Just who is it who stares out the window for any length of time?)

Please take the above as tongue in cheek but best of luck to them!

pink lady
05-Oct-06, 01:35
I do live nearby.
I wasn't aware of this development.
However I have absolutely no problems with it whatsoever.
Can't imagine what implications there might be, presumably those hinted at are of an adverse nature.
Noise (sorry can't hear you)
People working (Good)
Business starting/expanding (Good again)
Change (Ah wait a minute thats it, thats the problem change. Time for a petition)
Might even lose my sacred, god given right to a view (Just who is it who stares out the window for any length of time?)

Please take the above as tongue in cheek but best of luck to them!

Thats just brilliant! You hit the pin on the head there Victor!