PDA

View Full Version : Dog related problems anyone

Dog Warden
02-Oct-06, 09:31
Hi All

I have been lurking for weeks now just keeping an eye on whats going on, however after reading prompt which appears at top of page every time i log on i have decided to engage in conversation, if anyone is still talking to me!!
Hows things going in the dog world, are there any fouling, barking etc complaints out there that you need help with? or any comments you wish to make.

cheers

angela5
02-Oct-06, 09:49
Hi All

I have been lurking for weeks now just keeping an eye on whats going on, however after reading prompt which appears at top of page every time i log on i have decided to engage in conversation, if anyone is still talking to me!!
Hows things going in the dog world, are there any fouling, barking etc complaints out there that you need help with? or any comments you wish to make.

cheers

Has been very Quiet regarding doggy talk on here. Dog fouling i'm sick to the back teeth of the stuff, it's all over our streets. And just yesterday some disgusting person let their mutt do it's deed right at my front door.
They totally ignored me when i tried to shout them back to clean it up.

dragonfly
02-Oct-06, 10:01
If you have any spare poo bins left, any chance of getting one down at Scrabster Beach (somewhere beside yacht club). No bins at all in that area and I take mine home but others leave the bags outside the clubrooms which isn't very fair to them!

Scunner
02-Oct-06, 10:23
Does a barking little pooch qualify for nuisance. Every time 'it' is let out the thing starts yapping, also when we start the mower it dives at the fence and kicks up a terrible racket. Even scared the birds off their nest last year, with its yapping.

Dog Warden
02-Oct-06, 10:43
angela5, scunner and dragonfly i have p'md you all thanks for your responses.

Dog warden

Kaishowing
02-Oct-06, 11:39
Just curious......I've seen the signs up on the lamposts warning of fines when dog's mess the pavements.....How many people have been prosecuted in Wick for ignoring the warnings?
I'm not trying to be deliberately provocative, but personally I've never seen (or heard of) anyone official pull a dog owner up about it!
Plus some poo bins around the estates would be nice for those owners who are considerate enough to think of others.:D TY

Ann
02-Oct-06, 12:13
I've got a question but not sure if Dog Warden has the answer! How do I stop my dog swimming out in Dunnet or Thurso bay until he is just a speck in the distance and I'm wondering at what stage do I send for the coastguard?....

Yes, I know, keep him on a lead and take him anywhere but the beach but he is a springer, he needs the exercise, he just loves the water and goes deaf when he starts swimming.

I think he is Thurso's only surfing dog!

unicorn
02-Oct-06, 12:14
you could buy a jetski Ann to pick him up lol

Ann
02-Oct-06, 12:27
you could buy a jetski Ann to pick him up lol

Aha, never thought of that. Good one Unicorn! :lol:

unicorn
02-Oct-06, 12:32
I must say though you can always tell that autumn is here as the volume of dog poo on the pavement rockets cos it's too cold for people to walk far. I was going into mount pleasant last week and someone had actually let their dog foul right in front of the school gates, what a mess.

saxovtr
02-Oct-06, 13:16
i always see ppl leaving there dog's business lying about,never picking it up,annoying thing is not far from my house!! i dnt want my nephew coming running in with dogs dirt allover his shoes!!!

simpsoney
02-Oct-06, 13:54
Dog Warden I have PM'd you

Venture
02-Oct-06, 14:32
Good on you Dog Warden for coming on here and finding out any problems between the public and dogs. Its definitely a case of folk will come on here and speak out about any problems but wouldnt bother phoning the council. Its great that you are so enthusiastic about your job and I know thats because you have a genuine concern for the animals. The fact you yourself have three dogs shows how much you care. Keep up the good work Anne.

lassieinfife
02-Oct-06, 15:22
I have found the best way to stop peeps letting their dogs foul and not clean up is a camera and a promice to hand pics into police and council:lol:

brandy
02-Oct-06, 15:27
omg this mornign down the town.. right outside of whatsits!
my little boy (3) stepped in a huge pile off poo!!!
hubby had to walk him home as it was everywhere! not a nice thing!
its ridiculous!
when it gets to the point you are dodging it on the high street!

saxovtr
02-Oct-06, 15:47
omg this mornign down the town.. right outside of whatsits!
my little boy (3) stepped in a huge pile off poo!!!
hubby had to walk him home as it was everywhere! not a nice thing!
its ridiculous!
when it gets to the point you are dodging it on the high street!

thats shocking,i would be straight to the council with a complaint if my nephew stepped in it!!!

wilma
02-Oct-06, 16:01
Right here is my rant... i can't let my dog out in my front garden to play as the neighbour has a big dog.. which always goes crazy when i let my dog out, when i go to take my dog a walk, it's nearly over the fence after my dog. I can't let my dog out in the back garden as the same neighbour has a kitten who is always in the back garden... when i let my dog out in the back garden ... my dog wants to eat the kitten,
The kitten also loves to annoy my dog by coming and sitting on the window ledge outside... the window ledge inside is getting destroyed with claw marks:roll: and hubby says kitten stew is starting to sound good!!! [lol]

rant over

pedromcgrory
02-Oct-06, 16:09
is anyone else sick of the dog in bayview terrace thurso ,it chases bairns cars especially lorries and vans ,they got taken to court for it biting someone 2 months ago now they decide to tie it up in garden all weathers from 8 till 8 its driving me crazy i tell u ,wot the point of having a dog and treating it like that as im writing this its bark bark bark ,non stop

WeeBurd
02-Oct-06, 16:16
is anyone else sick of the dog in bayview terrace thurso ,it chases bairns cars especially lorries and vans ,they got taken to court for it biting someone 2 months ago now they decide to tie it up in garden all weathers from 8 till 8 its driving me crazy i tell u ,wot the point of having a dog and treating it like that as im writing this its bark bark bark ,non stop

Oh Pedro, I feel for you, a constantly barking dog is akin to torture. We have one close by, and it's barking is waking Wee'estBurd when she's napping in the bedroom (also hubby, when he's sleeping off his night-shifts). Not sure if the dog is just miffed and being put outside (I'll admit, mine can winge too if I don't let him in quick enough[lol] ). I also think it's maybe hearing an echo of itself barking and thinking it's another dog, barking more, hahaha! It doesn't mean any harm, but the baby-waking is begining to annoy a little...;)

changilass
02-Oct-06, 16:27
I have just been on the web and bought one of those anti-bark collars for the puppy, neighbours have never complained, but he is driving me nuts.

For some reason he has taken to barking at 1am every day, not sure what its all about. Also if the neighbouring dogs bark it sets him off - it would be ok but he has a very deep and loud bark.

The big boy only barks when planes go over or if we use the fizzy drinks maker, but again this sets the puppy off.

I am eagerly awaiting a visit from the postman now, with a wee package to stop the barking:lol:

Chrissie
02-Oct-06, 17:03
Wonder if the dog warden could get a bin at Reiss beach for dog mess? The path going down to the beach is a disgrace at times and yesterday I was mad when I discovered I had stood on some and it was all stuck in my trainers! Some 'considerate' dog owner had actually filled a bag with dog's dirt and LEFT IT ON THE BEACH! on the way to the path! how lazy can you get and how inconsiderate. It's definately time that somebody was made an example of and fined for this totally disregard for other members of the public. I have even witnessed one regular walker on the golf course with their dog allowing the dog to foul on the practice area and then cover it up with a little bit of dirt rather than pick it up DISGRACEFULL!

loo-b-loo
02-Oct-06, 17:58
I agree completly about more bins on Reiss beach, also if they had bag dispensers with the bins that may encourage more people to use them as they have no excuse, I know there are times that i have been caught out when my dog did 2 poos and ended up walking back to the car to get another onw. She enjoyed the extra long walk if nothing else!! :D
MORE BINS everywhere would be great, we have quite a bad problem with dogs doing it on our street, had to clear up many another dogs poo.

Dog Warden
03-Oct-06, 09:38
Hi all

thanks for the responses folks, i am on the case now and will attend to all complaints raised either by pm or on board. I will reply to everyone who has contacted me but it may take me a while as i was'nt anticipating the response i have recieved.

Thank you

Dog warden

dpw39
03-Oct-06, 15:29
One should always keep ones head below the parapet and ones powder dry, otherwise if you stimulate a need, you'll be doing overtime for a month :lol:.

Ciao,

dpw39 :cool:

Ann
03-Oct-06, 15:55
I have found the best way to stop peeps letting their dogs foul and not clean up is a camera and a promice to hand pics into police and council:lol:

Good one! As a dog owner, I am ashamed of those who don't clean up after their pets. People who choose to have a dog (or cat) are obliged to take responsibility for their actions!

crofter
04-Oct-06, 00:29
Hi All

cheers
Is it just fouling and barking you deal with? Back in June I caught a Doberman on my land killing my nephew's show hens. It's owner from Nordwall Park in Reiss appeared and was full of "apologies" and "promises" to pay the vets bill to get the wounded ones treated and she said she would pay for the dead ones. I warned her that they were show poultry and they would not be cheap to replace but she said she would pay for them regardless. She immediately gave the dog back to it's previous owner and since getting the bill for £8.52 for the vet and £45 for a trio of Rhode Island Reds to replace the dead ones she will not even look my way. What is your advice for next time?

jambo
04-Oct-06, 17:48
they told u they would pay for the damage done to ur birds but never paid what a disgrace. u should have just went straight to the police and got them charged.it would have cost them more with a fine.

fender
04-Oct-06, 19:17
I realise that dog dirt is a problem. However who is respossible for picking up horse dirt?

Saxo01
04-Oct-06, 19:39
Usually the side of your car :(

WeeBurd
04-Oct-06, 19:41
I realise that dog dirt is a problem. However who is respossible for picking up horse dirt?

Good point, Fender, it can be really bad in our village. Absolutely revolting! Can't they strap a sack across their bottoms to catch the offending dangleberries from polluting our streets?:mad:

unicorn
04-Oct-06, 22:15
Good point, Fender, it can be really bad in our village. Absolutely revolting! Can't they strap a sack across their bottoms to catch the offending dangleberries from polluting our streets?:mad:

They do abroad so I see no reason for not doing it here.

crofter
04-Oct-06, 23:46
they told u they would pay for the damage done to ur birds but never paid what a disgrace. u should have just went straight to the police and got them charged.it would have cost them more with a fine.
I will know next time but when you live in a small community you like to think that you can trust the people living around you but I now know better!!! It could have been worse if my nephew had been out with the poultry when the Doberman attacked as he would obviously have tried to save them and perhaps he would have been savaged too. I really don't understand people who let these dogs run unattended.

crofter
08-Oct-06, 14:23
Thanks for the pm Dog Warden.

jemmima-june
21-Oct-06, 10:53
Has been very Quiet regarding doggy talk on here. Dog fouling i'm sick to the back teeth of the stuff, it's all over our streets. And just yesterday some disgusting person let their mutt do it's deed right at my front door.
They totally ignored me when i tried to shout them back to clean it up.

What you need is your own pooper scooper and follow the person home and leave it on their doorstep just where they put their feet as they leave the house. it this happens often enough they might clean up themselves ha ha ha