PDA

View Full Version : Lost monkey (teddy)

white lightning
11-Aug-11, 23:04
:~( My four year old son has lost his teddy monkey we think in the wick business park near pets at home and superdrug earlier today about 3ish and well just was hoping maybe someone found it if so could you pm me please he has had monkey ever since he was a baby and took it everywhere but only realised he was missing come bedtime and we have searched our house and garden with no success.any help greatly appreciated thanks

Dadie
11-Aug-11, 23:41
I feel for you!
We lost a lemur (tatty goes everywhere toy usually only missed dreadfully at bedtime) and ended up emailling the company that made the lemur and getting a new one sent out after weeks of searching to find out who actually made "lemur" in the first place....
As soon as we got the replacement and bunged him in the washingmachine to make him smell the same,... the child went off lemurs...
We had the original lemur returned the next day and he was abandoned as well....
6 weeks of wailing at bedtime...I love lemur cant sleep without him etc....beforehand!
Then abandoned and stuffed under the bed.....Arrgggh kids!
Have you phoned the shops as they have a "lost" section....and the monkey may have been handed in?
If not its a job for tommorrow......

white lightning
11-Aug-11, 23:50
haha that cheered me up dadie!! yeah will give them a ring in morning as it was about10pm before it finally dawned on us that he couldve lost it in wick after searching house for him... Fingers xd xx

Torvaig
11-Aug-11, 23:55
Have you tried the Police Station? It's surprising what turns up there and people don't always check with them. I lost a diamond ring a couple of months ago and after reporting to the stations in Wick and Thurso I was amazed to see how many pieces of jewellery were not claimed. Unfortunately my ring wasn't among them but I intend to check with them again as shops etc., don't always put found items to the stations but keep them safe until someone asks about them.

mentallywinnie
12-Aug-11, 08:12
''Might'' be a long-shot but I've managed to reunite 2 of my friends' littlun's lost toys by putting an ad in the 'wanted' section on eBay..took a while to find the right section but I got the toys really quickly and worth payng again to see the smiles on her face :D Describe it in as much detail as you can you never know

mentallywinnie
12-Aug-11, 08:17
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/wantitnow/index.html

white lightning
12-Aug-11, 08:51
Monkey was re united with four year old this morning when he went to put on his wellies to go outside and look for him!! yip the wee had stuffed monkey in his wellies and forgot!! I couldve throttled him lol but its all good now. Thank you all xxx

poppett
12-Aug-11, 09:22
Pleased you have had a happy ending.

Dadie
12-Aug-11, 11:59
It might be worth looking for another monkey and washing the new one at the same time as the original, then only giving him one at a time, so you have a back up monkey when he has been lost.
You might have to rough up the new monkey, spill juice on it and drag it through puddles to get it about the same condition as the original though!
Im watching a cushion on ebay at the moment to act as a spare for Ionas one....it was a really cheap stripey one from tescos years ago, I had two of them and one fell apart after she helped me with the washing (90 deg wash) and I keep looking for a standby cushion just incase!

Birons
12-Aug-11, 15:21
Someone has brought a small teddy type into the shop that was found in the lane, it looks a bit more like a Smurf than a monkey though.