PDA

View Full Version : CGH Silver jubilee fete

DIH
11-Aug-11, 22:06
Caithness General Hospital is celebrating its 25th anniversary on Saturday 13th August by holding a garden fete in the grounds of the hospital. There is going to be a lot of stalls and fun things for adults and children alike. A lot of the wards/departments in the hospital are participating in this event and the money raised will be going towards the upgrade of the day case unit or to the individual departments themselves. Please show your support and come along. It's on from 12 noon to 4pm.

NLP
11-Aug-11, 22:44
Hope it stays dry for you, sounds like a fun day.

evelyn
11-Aug-11, 23:32
Come along and have a shoppers lunch in the canteen, or sample the hog roast. Then try your luck at the tombola, bottle and raffle stalls. Have a bash at some of the fun stalls with the kids and head home with some home baking, home made jams and sweets.
Evelyn

evelyn
12-Aug-11, 13:07
Remember to come to the emergency department stall. No one leaves empty handed. Pay a pound, pick a card and win the prize with the matching number. Guaranteed a win. Loads of fantastic prizes. Booze, toiletry sets, perfumes, jewellery , household items, photo frames, sweets and gift sets for the adults. And for £1 the kids go home with sweets, crayons, bubbles, jigsaws, skipping ropes, cuddly toys, hooters, stickers, etc.
We're selling homemade tablet and we have a raffle for a luxury food hamper, a large toiletery gift set, a cleaning hamper plus some really good bottles of booze.
Evelyn

DMFB
12-Aug-11, 20:46
Remember to come to the emergency department stall. Booze, homemade tablet and we have a raffle for a luxury food hamper,plus some really good bottles of booze.
Evelyn

Do I get a free bottle of Gaviscon if I win any of these things with my stomach being a little more delicate n my dottage years.

evelyn
12-Aug-11, 21:32
Do I get a free bottle of Gaviscon if I win any of these things with my stomach being a little more delicate n my dottage years.

HaHa, we'll refer ye to NHS24!!!!
Evelyn

Kodiak
12-Aug-11, 21:47
Glad I noticed this thread. Now that I know about this I, along with Mrs Kodiak will be there. Sounds Like Good Fun. :Razz

Moira
12-Aug-11, 22:07

I'm not sure DMFB but one thing I am sure about is that the folk at Caithness General will do their best to accomodate your requirements. :)

All best to the various fundraising stalls taking place tomorrow.

Alice in Blunderland
13-Aug-11, 08:21
Good luck for today. I hope to pop along and get a pancake later. :D

Kodiak
13-Aug-11, 14:12
Just come back from the CGH Fete. Had a great time, I would have stayed longer but my poor wee legs would not take anymore.

The Hog Roast was fantastic and both me and Mrs Kodiak enjoyed ourselves very much.

We both won some nice prizes and I won a Bottle of Grouse at the Stall with the Corks.

Altogether we spent quite a bit but it was well worth it, we had fun, we won some prizes and the money went to a good cause. What more could you ask for.

Well done to all who made this Fete such a sucess.

http://i.imgur.com/F7chn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HF32E.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hZHQA.jpg

Moira
13-Aug-11, 18:05
I'm blaming Alice and hope that she's thoroughly ashamed of herself and doesn't fit into her jeans tomorrow. ;)

Thanks for posting up the photos Kodiak. It was indeed a great event and the sun was shining which was a bonus. The music and the dancing added to the Carnival atmosphere. I especially enjoyed the CakeWalk - well done to Elise Lyall's dancers, you were all fantastic!

I hope that someone has provided John Craw with a balaclava or a hoodie after he gallantly had his head shaved for charity. He'll certainly need something to protect his scalp from the elements as he must be about 7' tall. (That's maybe a slight exaggeration but I'm 5'4" and I get a sore neck when I'm speaking to him). :D

I didn't win anything but came home with some fab home baking and toffee after a great afternoon out. I trust all the hard work which went on behind the scenes is reflected in the pounds & pennies collected. Well done everyone.

DIH
13-Aug-11, 18:59
All the staff in the emergency department would like to thank everyone who contributed to their fund raising effort today. We had a brilliant day and such a good laugh doing it. We raised a grand total of £810. Once we decide what to spend the money on we will let you know. Once again thank you all so much.

Alice in Blunderland
13-Aug-11, 19:11
I'm blaming Alice and hope that she's thoroughly ashamed of herself and doesn't fit into her jeans tomorrow. ;)

:lol: Alice didn't fit into her jeans today never mind tomorrow. I'm sorry to have missed it but it does sound like a good time was had. :D

Truewoman
13-Aug-11, 21:16
Thank you! Had a fantastic time at the fete today, it was obvious just how much effort everyone must have put in!! Big well done to all those involved in making it such a great day.

poppett
13-Aug-11, 21:59
So pleased to hear you all had a really good day. Sorry to have missed it, but pleased to see a good crowd and lots of money raised in these hard times. Lovely photos Kodiak, thank you.