PDA

View Full Version : Shock, Horror, Tesco

bekisman
11-Aug-11, 14:42
Can't believe it.. just been to Wick and the Gulf filling station is selling both uneaded and diesel 1p cheaper than Tesco! what IS going on?

Leanne
11-Aug-11, 17:41
Brill news there :)

lindsaymcc
11-Aug-11, 18:45
I noticed the Gulf in Thurso was down to 139.9 for diesel..... was 144.9 on Tuesday when we put fuel in the car! Typical!

bekisman
11-Aug-11, 18:49
I noticed the Gulf in Thurso was down to 139.9 for diesel..... was 144.9 on Tuesday when we put fuel in the car! Typical!
Friend spoke to garage staff there, they said a new delivery had just arrived, so that was new price; that's new! Welcome Gulf..

theone
11-Aug-11, 18:52
I await replies declaring how this "substandard" fuel has not got the same "special additives" that you get in the "good" petrol stations.

;)

Corrie 3
11-Aug-11, 19:28
"Price War's" in Wick!!!!
Can only be a good thing but does this Gulf fuel contain the special additives that substandard Tesco fuel contains???......Jings, we are scuppered now, its either substandard Tesco or substandard Gulf fuel.....we have no choice now....!!!....;)

C3....rofl......:lol::roll:

sids
11-Aug-11, 20:22
Gulf petrol will be full of salty water from that leak thing that happened off Mexico.

tonkatojo
12-Aug-11, 11:00
Price war, yeah tesco at the rear as usual.

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/Supermarkets-slash-petrol-yahoofinanceuk-147443974.html

bekisman
12-Aug-11, 16:16
Price war, yeah tesco at the rear as usual.

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/Supermarkets-slash-petrol-yahoofinanceuk-147443974.html (http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/Supermarkets-slash-petrol-yahoofinanceuk-147443974.html[/QUOTE)

Supermarkets slash petrol so says your link, just been to wick (again) Phew all this CO2! anyway a close friend tells me that Gulf in Wick is still a penny cheaper..ain't that nice?

Maccy
12-Aug-11, 16:43
where is gulf petrol station in thurso???

bekisman
12-Aug-11, 16:56
where is gulf petrol station in thurso???
There ain't one only in Wick (The previous Shell then Gleaner) Dunnets - you know, the place with the showroom with it's roof fallen in with a sign "welcome to Wick"...

Maccy
12-Aug-11, 17:14

No this one.

rs 2k
12-Aug-11, 17:17
Its Dunnetts garage in Thurso :D

bekisman
12-Aug-11, 18:04
No this one.
Sorry, new to me.. usually by-pass Thurso on way to Wick (via Halkirk)

orkneycadian
12-Aug-11, 18:22
what IS going on?

Better get used to it! Plenty opportunity for Tesco to be dearer in the future than folk recall, when the competition is all gone! ;)

bekisman
12-Aug-11, 19:07
Better get used to it! Plenty opportunity for Tesco to be dearer in the future than folk recall, when the competition is all gone! ;)
Oh but it's been lovely for the last few years after getting ripped off by all the others; good whilst it lasted.. At least (IF) it ever happens and Tesco rips us off, then we've not been ripped off for as long as we could have been..

And anyway why do all these Orcadian cars coming over on Gills, go straight to Tesco (of Gulf!!) to fill up? can't understand why they don't use your stuff over there, I really can't..

orkneycadian
12-Aug-11, 19:28
From this thread, sounds like they'll be driving past Tesco to Gulf![lol]

Leanne
12-Aug-11, 19:51
Tescos have actually put their prices UP - probably due to the fact that they have money off coupon on offer... Cheating swines. How much do you want to bet once the offer is away they will drop the prices again and be 'competitive'

bekisman
12-Aug-11, 19:51
From this thread, sounds like they'll be driving past Tesco to Gulf![lol]
#16 amended..;)