PDA

View Full Version : Bearded Dragon

Stefan
10-Aug-11, 21:30
Is there a local breeder ?
Son is asking for one, not decided if he can have one, just checking how far we'd have to go to get one from a breeder...

purplelady
11-Aug-11, 22:30
pets @home have them x

Stefan
11-Aug-11, 23:07
Yeah I know but I asked for a breeder not a shop ;-)
Same for livefood, is there somebody up here who breeds livefood (crickets, mealworms, waxworms) ??
Yes I know, Pets at home does them too (do they?), but they have stood on a shelf for a while after being shipped around....

balto
12-Aug-11, 11:04
my daughter has fallen in love with them, we were out at my cousins last week and he has one, no my cup of tea lol, but interesting to watch, he gets his food from someone on ebay, live aswell lol.

changilass
12-Aug-11, 21:01
Ricks live food is a good place for feeders.

Stefan
12-Aug-11, 21:33
Not in Caithness as far as I can tell, although he hasn't got an address on his web page. To get the food fresh you have to pay for the tub of crickets or worms and special delivery, that's pretty expensive food....
Still looking for a local breeder then....

ShelleyCowie
14-Aug-11, 18:58
Know what u mean about delivery :( Pay £20 to get mice here. As far as i know there are no bearded dragon breeders local, but i do have a few mates down the line who do. You can get a pet courier to pick up the animal and deliver it to you within 24 hours. Not sure on prices, but i got a quote of £70 from leicestershire to here. (really good compared to some other places)

Stefan
14-Aug-11, 22:03
The whole idea of buying from a breeder instead of a shop is not to have the animal shipped around....

ShelleyCowie
17-Aug-11, 16:03
The whole idea of buying from a breeder instead of a shop is not to have the animal shipped around....Sorry, was just trying to help.

unicorn
17-Aug-11, 20:13
If there is no breeder then you wiill have no choice but to have one shipped or go to pets at home or do without, your replies really are quite rude so I wont waste my time being polite.

Stefan
18-Aug-11, 15:56
If there is no breeder then you wiill have no choice but to have one shipped or go to pets at home or do without, your replies really are quite rude so I wont waste my time being polite.
I didn't think I was being rude. Was I ?
If there is no local breeder then the obvious choice for me would be to find one further south and pick the animal up myself, so I know the animal is transported carefully and well looked after on the way to minimise stress.

Sorry, was just trying to help.
Yes, thank you. Appreciated.

Spongeboab
18-Aug-11, 21:41
get in touch with Kerry at Birnies in Elgin.

they deal with breeders in the Highlands and will know who's closest to Caithness

even better would be to go visit them if you can, they have a great shop and know their onions when it comes to reps

http://birnies-petshop.co.uk/default.aspx

Spongeboab
18-Aug-11, 21:59
oh, and we use Live Foods Direct http://www.livefoodsdirect.co.uk we order from them regularly, arrives in 2 days (free delivery) with very few, sometimes no, dead bait.

you're correct about Pets at Home, i've used them when desperate, but their live food is days old and stored at the wrong temperature, crickets drying out and waxworms cocooning [evil]

Robinwood
24-Aug-11, 05:19
What kind of breed you are looking for ? Am not a breeder but i got some Pomeranian puppies at home whom i don't want to sell it for money but sell them for the people who take good care of them !

Stefan
24-Aug-11, 09:27
If you don't want to sell them for the money I take a couple for free.... although I am not sure if they will do well in a 3ft tank and on a diet of crickets and worms :-/
The odd pinkie could be on the menu as well...
What do you think ?
:lol: