PDA

View Full Version : Attempted raid on Caithness store

Mr P Cannop
01-Oct-06, 18:31
Detectives are investigating a would-be overnight raid on a village store in Caithness. Extensive damage was done to the front and rears door of the Spar Shop in Castletown’s Main Street early on Saturday morning. Police are particularly keen to track down a male seen in the area about 2.30 a.m.

sids
01-Oct-06, 18:33
A male what?

pultneytooner
01-Oct-06, 18:40
A male what?
Very droll.;)

changilass
01-Oct-06, 18:41
Where do you get all your information from Paul?:confused

hobbes1962
01-Oct-06, 18:43
That's what I'd like to know too

ice box
01-Oct-06, 18:46
Where do you get all your information from Paul?:confusedMay be he is in the retail constabulary.

Mr P Cannop
01-Oct-06, 18:56
got it from the mfr news page

pultneytooner
01-Oct-06, 19:04
got it from the mfr news page
You sure you aint involved?
Ve ave veys of making you talk.;)

Piglet
01-Oct-06, 19:08
I did notice that the boor was boarded up but wasent in the shop to hear anymore.

That is the 3rd time since the shop has opened.

Buttercup
01-Oct-06, 19:10
Bad place Castletown surely;)

connieb19
01-Oct-06, 19:12
Pity we never knew earlier, could have put some spies up to lug in on all the gossip. :roll:

Piglet
01-Oct-06, 19:12
Bad place Castletown surely;)

Dare say there isnt much to do at 2.30 in the morning.:lol:

connieb19
01-Oct-06, 19:14
Bad place Castletown surely;) Och, it's just terrible lol. :lol:

Buttercup
01-Oct-06, 19:16
Personally I could think of better things to do at that time of morning ;)

Mr P Cannop
01-Oct-06, 19:16
it was nothing to do with me

connieb19
01-Oct-06, 19:18
it was nothing to do with me
Me neither :eek:

Buttercup
01-Oct-06, 19:19
[quote=Mr P Cannop;141218]it was nothing to do with me[/quo
I didn't for one moment think it had Paul :)
An just in case you were wonderan' I'm innocent (of that) too.

Mr P Cannop
01-Oct-06, 19:20
thats ok....

Piglet
01-Oct-06, 19:21
it definetly wasent me.:roll: I only c that time of day once & it aint in the morning. :lol:

connieb19
01-Oct-06, 19:24
Ok, that's 4 eliminated from the enquiries. I rekon we're getting pretty close to catching the culprit.. :lol:

WeeBurd
01-Oct-06, 19:25
I heard they only broke in as they'd been caught buying something unmentionable on the cctv earlier in the day, so wanted to destroy the evidence :eek: .

Buttercup
01-Oct-06, 19:27
I heard they only broke in as they'd been caught buying something unmentionable on the cctv earlier in the day, so wanted to destroy the evidence :eek: .
Notice you haven't proclaimed your innocence WeeBurd;)

obiron
01-Oct-06, 19:27
ooooh wonder what they sell???[lol] lol

Buttercup
01-Oct-06, 19:29
ooooh wonder what they sell???[lol] lol
Something for the weekend sir? :lol:

WeeBurd
01-Oct-06, 19:31
2:30am you say... I was asleep, and MrBurd was on the late shift, so I can't account for my whereabouts, I may have been sleepwalking for all I know...:confused

OK, I'll admit it... I may have been in the vicinity as I had heard the Spar in Castletown held a very rare, signed copy of the latest Kristafur BT CD. Rare in that it was the only one that escaped the incinerator [lol] !

Buttercup
01-Oct-06, 19:33
OK, I'll admit it... I may have been in the vicinity as I had heard the Spar in Castletown held a very rare, signed copy of the latest Kristafu BT CD. Rare in that it was the only one that escaped the incinerator [lol] ![/quote]
Thanks WeeBurd, I've been wonderan where I can get a copy to that esteemed musician's work. [lol]

obiron
01-Oct-06, 19:39
just been reading music thread. it would be interesting to hear his music. maybe niall will put up the mp3 of it.

Buttercup
01-Oct-06, 19:41
just been reading music thread. it would be interesting to hear his music. maybe niall will put up the mp3 of it.

We'd better watch or we'll be getting in trouble for taking over Paul's thread;)

golach
01-Oct-06, 19:47
A bad crowd live in Castletoon, I can tell ye, I ken, I hev couseens 'at live there, their a bad lot [lol]

connieb19
01-Oct-06, 19:48
http://weblog.pell.portland.or.us/~orc/bears/GetawayCar_t.jpg

Buttercup
01-Oct-06, 19:56
A bad crowd live in Castletoon, I can tell ye, I ken, I hev couseens 'at live there, their a bad lot [lol]
Are they liable til hev been involved? cause wur tryan til eliminate as many fowk as possible. ;)
Come til think o hid ye werna air were ye?

changilass
01-Oct-06, 19:57

Watch it Hobbit, you can get into bother for slanderous statements like that:lol:

Just for the record it wern't me niether - sleeping peacefully - honest

connieb19
01-Oct-06, 19:58
It's about time there was some 24 hour shops in Caithness anyway. No wonder there's so many break ins if you canna get a dram at 2.30 in the morning.

WeeBurd
01-Oct-06, 19:59
Watch it Hobbit, you can get into bother for slanderous statements like that:lol:

Here's hoping you weren't the getaway driver either, Changilass [lol]

Buttercup
01-Oct-06, 19:59

Hope ye've a witness to verify that Changilass! ;)

changilass
01-Oct-06, 20:01
Again, not guilty, Wee Burd, I had been on my drug of choice (stella) for the evening, so wouldn't have been fit to drive.

Buttercup
01-Oct-06, 20:02
It's about time there was some 24 hour shops in Caithness anyway. No wonder there's so many break ins if you canna get a dram at 2.30 in the morning.
Yer right air Connie, Just what's needed a Crash & Carry[lol]

Billy Boy
01-Oct-06, 20:02
http://www.dogmetro.com/eu/products/toys/bungles%20the%20burglar.gif

do you know this man?????

Buttercup
01-Oct-06, 20:04

It's Saveman, That's why he's gone walkabout(into hiding more like)!

golach
01-Oct-06, 20:04
Are they liable til hev been involved? cause wur tryan til eliminate as many fowk as possible. ;)
Come til think o hid ye werna air were ye?
Buttercup No I wizzna, I was in my kip in Sunny Leith, but wish I hed been in Castletoon, I would hev scrounged a free breakfast lol

Piglet
01-Oct-06, 20:05
Yer right air Connie, Just what's needed a Crash & Carry[lol]

Lol Aye maybe they do need a 24/7 shoppie in Castletown. :roll:

Gleber2
01-Oct-06, 20:08
A bad crowd live in Castletoon, I can tell ye, I ken, I hev couseens 'at live there, their a bad lot [lol] What a thing to say Smeagol. I wisna me either an wur a worse lot at Dinnad.

Again, not guilty, Wee Burd, I had been on my drug of choice (stella) for the evening, so wouldn't have been fit to drive. I can vouch for that. When she left the Lighthouse she could hardly staun.:Razz

Buttercup
01-Oct-06, 20:08
Anyone ken if there wiz a piper playan at e time, I'm sure I heard at somewhere, boot maybe that was just gossip?

connieb19
01-Oct-06, 20:10
It's no gossip, I heard it too, it must be true. :lol:

Piglet
01-Oct-06, 20:12
Wow i like the gollachs way o thinking if twa people hear it its truth no gossip LOL [lol]

connieb19
01-Oct-06, 20:15
Wow i like the gollachs way o thinking if twa people hear it its truth no gossip LOL [lol]Glad you believe it too lol. :lol:

WeeBurd
01-Oct-06, 20:21
I also heard 'e Lighthoose ran oot 'o booze during 'e gig last night... not pointing fingers or anything <nudge, nudge, wink, wink>[para]

golach
01-Oct-06, 20:23
Wow i like the gollachs way o thinking if twa people hear it its truth no gossip LOL [lol]
Piglet I am Golach.....gollach is anither Orger, there is only one like me, ask Changilass

WeeBurd
01-Oct-06, 20:23

Is 'at no Dreadnought... http://forum.caithness.org/customavatars/avatar3807_1.gif

connieb19
01-Oct-06, 20:25
Is 'at no Dreadnought... http://forum.caithness.org/customavatars/avatar3807_1.gif
It's him!!!! It was dreadnought that done it lol [evil]

Gleber2
01-Oct-06, 21:04
there is only one like me, ask Changilass

May the Good Lord, who may or may not exist, be praised.:)

changilass
01-Oct-06, 21:16
You don't mean that G2, you know you love him really:lol:

Gleber2
01-Oct-06, 21:30

A'hd rether luv a porkiepine!!!!:D

Piglet
01-Oct-06, 21:31
Piglet I am Golach.....gollach is anither Orger, there is only one like me, ask Changilass

Sorry Golach. Im A cattach So can i be forgiven. ;)

golach
01-Oct-06, 21:32
Aye Right.....Im fed up no hard up!!!!!!

gollach
01-Oct-06, 21:45

I didn't say that, even if 2 of you folks think I did. It must have been the other one ;)

golach
01-Oct-06, 23:29
I didn't say that, even if 2 of you folks think I did. It must have been the other one ;)
Ty 2 ll'ed Gollach :Razz

Piglet
02-Oct-06, 00:10
Ok. maybe i should have said Caithnessians rather than gollacs.lol:lol:

Naefearjustbeer
02-Oct-06, 01:20
Wasnt me either I was in my bed by ten thirty absolutley blootered. Just ask the wife she was very impressed by my staggering around when I got home.

danc1ngwitch
07-Oct-06, 19:38
I received a Hoax call that night, from a male very broad spoken ( local ) tho i did not recognize the voice, He said he was a police man by the name of Begg from Wick. I called Wick no such person. Because i received the call at around 1:50am i was awake and was very suspicious, i saw a dark car Pass by My street. This means nothing but maybe i was lucky it wasna ma place that got it.