PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Band

freckles
01-Oct-06, 17:27
Can anyone recomend a good band to play at my wedding dance?

We were hoping for someone that could play a range of covers & Scottish country music, maybe even some Irish stuff too?

Many Thanks

newpark
01-Oct-06, 18:05
We had Manson Grant and the Dynamos they were superb and played a mix of everything

WeeBurd
01-Oct-06, 19:53
I've heard Chobbers Jnr does a good turn at a wedding, try pm'ing him. ;)

We had Kate Bain ourselves. I think they did a fab job, as everyone was up dancing and shaking their things, but to be honest I was so busy blethering to everyone, I hardly even noticed <blush>.

footie chick
01-Oct-06, 20:27
Whiskey are brilliant as are KW1 the best nite I've have this year was when they were playing ;)

Gleber2
01-Oct-06, 21:13
Chobbersjnr plays in Whisky.

Piglet
01-Oct-06, 22:52
Was at a wedding last month, Manson Grant and the Dynamos was playing & there was not an empty dance floor the whole night.
They do a good range for all ages. :D

kjl
01-Oct-06, 23:20
I think kw1 are brill, far better than whisky any day!

jinglejangle
02-Oct-06, 14:34
the dynamos are really good too - they get everyone up dancing straight away.

Chobbersjnr
02-Oct-06, 16:43
I think kw1 are brill, far better than whisky any day!

Oh aye

to quote a weel kent mod

"surely that's a matter of opinion":Razz

whisky do a variety of Scottish & Country, good time rock & roll, a dash of irish song for guid measure & pinch of weel kent sing-a-along tunes to finish the dram

peedie
02-Oct-06, 16:49
was at a burns supper and whiskey were playing, very very good, got everybody up and dancing. and they played a really good mix to try and suit all tastes :D

chamb
03-Oct-06, 11:00
Have to say there is no better than Manson Grant and the Dynamos, they are brill, realy recomend them, they have the talent to be able to keep people on the floor, and i bet your guests will love them, if they have a good time then you have had a great night.

henry20
03-Oct-06, 11:02
We had Whisky at our wedding - I believe they were very good, but I fell over and banged my head, so the memories are a bit vague - nothing to do with all the sambucas :lol:

Fran
13-Oct-06, 00:42
I would highly recommend Remix who play an assortment of music for all ages and what you ask for.

DOC ROCK
13-Oct-06, 14:31
Can anyone recomend a good band to play at my wedding dance?

We were hoping for someone that could play a range of covers & Scottish country music, maybe even some Irish stuff too?

Many Thanks

There are a few good wedding bands up here but, top Stirling band, "Box o Bananas" are streets beyond them all for a wedding dance, and do cover all the music which you are requesting, and more. Highly recommendable. PM me for details.

las123
13-Oct-06, 16:22
we had The Jacks at our wedding earlier this year and they were fantastic, i dont think there was an empty dance floor, they play such a range of music. highly reccommend.

Jeid
15-Oct-06, 20:35
We had Whisky at our wedding - I believe they were very good, but I fell over and banged my head, so the memories are a bit vague - nothing to do with all the sambucas :lol:

Luckily, I stayed sober enough to remember that they were pretty good.

Nothing to do with all those Sambucas? Perhaps it was the several glasses of wine during the meal? [lol]

sms
17-Oct-06, 09:00
I would recommend Kate Bain Band, they are great and play a variety of music. You wont be disapointed.