PDA

View Full Version : whats the stage of tescos

sharon
01-Oct-06, 15:15
what's the stage of tescos now? is the shell up roof on ect...
any one know are they still on track for opening?
there were photos on the org when it first started to go up, are there any updated photos..... :roll:

bigpete
01-Oct-06, 16:00
Hi
we went past there a few days ago and the solid wooden fence has been taken away, difficult to make out much with a car behind blaring it's horn as we rubber-necked, but stacks of building materials and to the north of the site large roofed building (petrol station?)
How about ore photo's Bill?

Bill Fernie
01-Oct-06, 17:05
I ahve been very busy recently and not had a lot of time to get out to take photos of Tesco progress.

I have just added some I took on 17 September but never got round to putting on the site.

See http://www.caithness.org/fpb/august2006/photogallery/index.php?gallery=31&start=12

Of course it is further on now.

mr do dar
01-Oct-06, 17:42
yeah everything is on track so far the petrol station will be open before the store. the roof is coming this week some time . their still saying it should be open for the 27th of november

hobbes1962
01-Oct-06, 18:20
It can't open soon enough - bring on internet shopping!!!!

ice box
01-Oct-06, 18:48
what's the stage of tescos now? is the shell up roof on ect...
any one know are they still on track for opening?
there were photos on the org when it first started to go up, are there any updated photos..... :roll:Well it's not open yet if that what your asking lol:lol:

sharon
01-Oct-06, 19:00
oh what a shame its not opened yet! will just have to go down to inverness this month then........[lol]

mccaugm
01-Oct-06, 19:45
It can't open soon enough - bring on internet shopping!!!!

Yaay, cannot wait for the internet shopping. Used to do that when I stayed in Ross-Shire. Mucho easier...no gurny toddlers/husbands to drag with you. shopping less because you dont pick up all the bargains you don't really need. Bring it on!

robby50x
01-Oct-06, 19:50
I would expect the Internet shopping will not be on offer until they have been up and running for a few months it will take a wee while to sort things out

mr do dar
01-Oct-06, 20:27
i was speaking to some one about tesco on line shopping (dot com ) it will be up and running in january at some point and their doing a 25 mile for tesco to start off with then once it going their making it a bigger distance hopefully bettyhill way on and down to helmdale .

bigpete
01-Oct-06, 21:34
we've already signed up!
https://secure.tesco.com/register/default.aspx?vstore=99&from=http://www.tesco.com/superstore/default.aspx

Fran
02-Oct-06, 01:53
the fence is down and the road around it is being done plus there is a newstone wall which is very nice. If you get stuck in the traffic lights there you can get a good look.Roll on November 26th, I am emptying my freezer ready to fill it up at Tesco!

Chrissie
02-Oct-06, 17:18
Hi, just read your email ref Tesco advance - well don't want to get you excited but we did see somebody passing today with couple of Tesco carrier bags - but could be a possibility from Inverness store - mind you there was a lot of cars parked there!!!!

scorrie
02-Oct-06, 22:41
what's the stage of tescos now? :roll:

They have made £1 Billion first half profit this year. Hmm, a bit of scope there for giving the shopper a bit better deal yet!!

If we all shop from Tescos online, will that not mean that we will be doing our own local workers out of a job?

Point and Click = Unemployment in Wick

More Mouse = No House

ps Ye canna tell if yer ingin is mingin on e net!!

Fran
03-Oct-06, 02:01
Hi
we went past there a few days ago and the solid wooden fence has been taken away, difficult to make out much with a car behind blaring it's horn as we rubber-necked, but stacks of building materials and to the north of the site large roofed building (petrol station?)
How about ore photo's Bill?
I wonder if that was the same car i had trouble with at the Tesco traffic lights, showing his fists, waving his arms about and tooting his horn. Why? Because I had stopped just past the lane where it was safe to do so on the way to castletown, hazzard lights on etc, to help my passenger just out of hospital who was being ill. Instead of waving about, the driver, who we saw head off to the golf course, could have stopped and offered assistance. He was a retired doctor!!! Once a doctor always a doctor i say.[evil]