PDA

View Full Version : Hows the weather?

Fluff
01-Oct-06, 14:47
We are coming up for a week tommorow, what has the weather been like in Thurso?
Just so i know roughly what to pack for :confused

cuddlepop
01-Oct-06, 14:51
Think the forecast said it was too turn colder this week but it has been really mild.You'l have a lovelly drive up Fluff the trees are starting to turn all the lovely autumnal colours.
Knowing our Scottish weather it good even snow,so you best bring Clothes for all seasons.:lol:

WeeBurd
01-Oct-06, 14:54
It's been grey today Fluff, I needed a jacket when out and about. I think after that last few days of sun we've had this week, our summer has now gone... :(

Piglet
01-Oct-06, 15:59
It has just started raining.:(

Fluff
01-Oct-06, 16:26
sounds ok then. Last time we came up was in March. It was the first time my boyfriend had even been in snow deeper than the tread of his shoes. he's 23 but was like a 5 year old lol!!

Tugmistress
01-Oct-06, 16:51
be prepared for wet and windy fluff ;)

gollach
01-Oct-06, 17:22
just got soaked walking the dog :(

highlander
01-Oct-06, 17:31
Fluff pack your thermals, hot water bottles, wellies, waterproofs, lol

canuck
01-Oct-06, 19:48
Think the forecast said it was too turn colder this week but it has been really mild.

Well of course it is going to turn colder. Weeboyagee gets on the plane to return home today! Here he was looking forward to a beautiful Canadian late September. All it has done all week is rain and be cold. Unlike Caithness where it sounds like it has been quite lovely.

oldmarine
02-Oct-06, 05:11
just got soaked walking the dog :(

Sounds as though the weather has not changed much since my last visit.

cullbucket
02-Oct-06, 07:19
Should be nice and warm in Thurso when I get there in October.... Have a wedding I want to attend....
Hoor of a journey for the family but will be worth it for the wedding.
Might manage a couple of pints in the Comm while I'm there.

Malcolmdog
04-Oct-06, 00:35
We didn't have much rain here, Canuck - only the night that we met you at the pub. Sorry to hear that your week was a wet one!!

It was sunny during the day and cool in the evenings, but that did not stop us from lighting candles and sitting outside watching the planes fly over head while we wrapped in layers of blankets and WBG sat in his short shirt sleeves, laughing at us.

Well of course it is going to turn colder. Weeboyagee gets on the plane to return home today! Here he was looking forward to a beautiful Canadian late September. All it has done all week is rain and be cold. Unlike Caithness where it sounds like it has been quite lovely.