PDA

View Full Version : Whatever next......

Phill
08-Aug-11, 22:29
A wifey drivin' a boat!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14444808

"The Royal Navy has appointed a woman to command a warship for the first time."
They'll be gettin' the bliddy vote next!

Actually I am surprised at this and find it rather embarrassing for the Navy / MoD. Have they only just got round to appointing female commanders! The senior service and all that, they've had plenty of time to teach 'em to park.

Kenn
08-Aug-11, 22:37
Before you know it, they'll be flying aircraft, driving buses and might even be politicians!

golach
08-Aug-11, 22:38
Sighs.......Phill, she is no the actual driver, there will be a wee 17 year old laddie 3 decks down that will drive the ship.[lol]

wicker05
08-Aug-11, 23:15
I hear she was trained on this boat by this guy! :lol:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6142/5922977273_57a1c188ae_b.jpg

Phill
08-Aug-11, 23:18
It wouldn't have bin 'im, he knows nothing.

.....goes off to get super injunction.

Phill
08-Aug-11, 23:23
Before you know it, they'll be flying aircraft, driving buses and might even be politicians!Conspiracy, pure conspiracy!

Sighs.......Phill, she is no the actual driver, there will be a wee 17 year old laddie 3 decks down that will drive the ship.[lol]Oh, that's ok then. I guess the boats are fitted with 'phat' exhausts to make it sound like the engines are knackered to keep said 17yr old happy.

oldmarine
08-Aug-11, 23:32
Before you know it, they'll be flying aircraft, driving buses and might even be politicians!

That has been going on in the USA for quite a spell now. We did not have much of that with mixed troops (male & female & homosexuals) but it is becoming more prevalent with all military services today. It may cause a stir but probably will straighten out if people learn to keep their hands off one another.

Phill
09-Aug-11, 00:12
It may cause a stir but probably will straighten out if people learn to keep their hands off one another.Are you suggesting the boats commander & the 17yr laddie are at it!!?

Moira
09-Aug-11, 00:39
That has been going on in the USA for quite a spell now. We did not have much of that with mixed troops (male & female & homosexuals) but it is becoming more prevalent with all military services today. It may cause a stir but probably will straighten out if people learn to keep their hands off one another.

Oldmarine, this is the straightest and yet the funniest post I have read on these forums for a long time.

If I was wearing a hat, I would take it off to you.

Much respect sir. :)

canadagirl
09-Aug-11, 05:53
We know firsthand about people driving large boats not keeping their hands off each other......
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/british-columbia/charges-laid-in-sinking-of-queen-of-the-north-ferry/article1502269/

(http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/british-columbia/charges-laid-in-sinking-of-queen-of-the-north-ferry/article1502269/)

moses
09-Aug-11, 12:27
whats wrong wie a wifey drivin a boat? some wifeys are very skilled at manouvering boats!!

John Little
09-Aug-11, 13:23
Some, I do hear.... even drive tugboats......

Torvaig
09-Aug-11, 17:59
Heavens; even I have driven a couple of boats! :lol:

golach
09-Aug-11, 19:05
Heavens; even I have driven a couple of boats! :lol:

Torvaig far be it from me to correct someone as prestigious as you........but maybe you Steered a boat, thats different :lol:

Torvaig
09-Aug-11, 23:15
Oh I know it's different! And I can even read the screen thingy (T.I.C.) and take it into harbour.....the tired male crew needed a sleep....

Torvaig
09-Aug-11, 23:19

There are even some who are bankers; doctors; paramedics who drive with blue lights; engineers even! And there are those in the police who are even trusted with firearms!

Mystical Potato Head
09-Aug-11, 23:39
So long as Sarah Palin never becomes U.S President,because she will ruin all the good work women have done to prove they are every bit as good as us males.If someone can do the job then it doesnt matter whether they're male or female.What does annoy me is someone like Harriet Harperson calling for more women to be in the cabinet,if the cabinet was all female,thats fine by me so long as they are the best people to do the job but you dont put people in office just to even up the numbers to please the equal rights brigade.

Torvaig
10-Aug-11, 00:00
So long as Sarah Palin never becomes U.S President,because she will ruin all the good work women have done to prove they are every bit as good as us males.If someone can do the job then it doesnt matter whether they're male or female.What does annoy me is someone like Harriet Harperson calling for more women to be in the cabinet,if the cabinet was all female,thats fine by me so long as they are the best people to do the job but you dont put people in office just to even up the numbers to please the equal rights brigade.

MPH, you are so right; it is foolishness in this day and age to insist on having more women in male orientated jobs just because they are women. The right person for the job should always be the rule.

linnie612
10-Aug-11, 00:07

I agree - best person for the job. 'us males'? (see above):confused;)

golach
10-Aug-11, 09:18
Just had this sent to me by a serving matelot, I love his humour :lol:
" Re news today, H.M.S. PORTLAND is to be the 1st big war canoe to get a female driver next April, she is CO of Minor War Vessel No 4 at present (4 driving tests?). The bridge windows will have nodding dogs, fluffy dice, etc,etc & goodness knows what messages will be on the stern (please pass carefully, applying lippy). PS This should be done by flags from the yards in proper Naval Fashion"

Kevin Milkins
10-Aug-11, 15:21
I'm sure she will do fine, :Razz as long as she isn't asked to reverse it.:eek: