PDA

View Full Version : Support Still Needed for Asda

jaykay
01-Oct-06, 12:58
I understand that although the Highland council has granted outline planning permission for the new Asda supermarket at Pennyland this decision now has to be ratified by the Scottish Executive. Given thattheobjectors have said "they had not given up on reversing the decision made by Highland councillors" this would indicate that they intend to make some form of representation to the Scottish Executive. That being the case, there must also be some way that the pro Asda people can put their point of view to the Scottish Executive.
Does anyone know what we can do to support the Highland Council planning decision when it comes up for ratification with the Scottish Executive?
After all we do not want to lose Asda because we have "taken our eye of the ball" and let the few objectors (plus the 3 Thurso councillors who do not represent the majority of their voters) win the battle.

Tugmistress
01-Oct-06, 17:01
The major point in this is the siting of the asda store.
personally i think pennyland is ideal, i also think the mart site would be a huge mistake and the business park end of pennyland by bt is not ideal either.
basics
pennyland = walking distance of town, main road access
mart = within yards of primary school causing traffic problems and dangers
bt park = not walking distance of most.
those are just one reason for or against each site in my own opinion.
as i stated before the local plan does not cater for any food retail outlet anywhere in it so any site can be objected to under that guise.
As soon as i hear how to fwd any more support i will let you know, at this moment in time i haven't a clue though, sorry, but just needed to make it clear what asda are fighting for ... ie the site to use :)