PDA

View Full Version : Sutherland & Miller, Latheron, Caithness

joholl
01-Oct-06, 08:33
Any help with the following names would be greatly appreciated

In 1841 census Donald Sutherland (1761) was living in Berridale with his daughters? (or grandaughters - there is enough of a difference in age) Betty (1811) Rose (1816) and Jane (1821) - all born in Caithness. In 1861 Census Betty and Rose are living with Jane, her husband Robert Miller (?) and daughter Janet/Jessie (1852). Robert and Jane were married in 1851. I don't know who Donald's wife was or who Robert's parents were. Robert and Jane's daughter - Jessie is my g.g grandmother and I'd love to be able to trace more of her family.
Joanna

inveroran
02-Oct-06, 19:36
Hi Joanna,

I can help you a bit with Robert Miller. His parents were Robert Miller and Catharine Munro. He was baptised on 18/08/1804 in Berriedale. He was the second of six children. His youngest brother Alexander is my g g grandfather.
Robert died in 1890 and his death certificate shows that he was previously married to Hughina Munro.

I've got plenty more information about this Miller family along with McKays who lived in the Borgue area. Get in touch privately if you want more.

Mike