PDA

View Full Version : Help-where to go for sun holiday, recommend please

Fran
08-Aug-11, 00:10
Help, going abroad next month but dont know where to go or where is cheaper. Went to Majorca so would prefer to go somewhere else, but not too expensive. Just cant think where to go.

Metalattakk
08-Aug-11, 01:06
Aye, hid's a sair fecht, is hid no'.

canadagirl
08-Aug-11, 02:14
Fran, the west coast of Canada (Vancouver Island) is nicely warm, (around 20 days and 10 at nite) and dry usually til end of October. The fishing is great. You can fly direct from Glasgow to Vancouver in about 10 hrs. (tip for anyone flying transat- best to book last minute as is usually cheaper!) There are good deals in Sept/Oct as far as b&b's and hotels. We have beautiful gardens and very friendly people!

shamrock2007
08-Aug-11, 19:17
Corfu is coming in at a really good price just now. Think Italy is as wet as here! lol

Fran
09-Aug-11, 00:27
tHANKYOU FOR YOUR HELP, I THINK WE HAVE DECIDED ON cORFU NOW.

Moira
09-Aug-11, 01:13
tHANKYOU FOR YOUR HELP, I THINK WE HAVE DECIDED ON cORFU NOW.

Oh good Fran, I'm glad you've decided. I was going to suggest the Algarve which I love but it is not cheap.

I've never been to Corfu but have always planned a trip to Kefalonia after reading Captain Corelli's Mandolin. I'm not sure if you could manage to visit it in a day trip but here's the link if you're interested in checking it out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Corelli's_Mandolin

Have a good holiday. :)