PDA

View Full Version : Scotch Tape

Tackity Boo
07-Aug-11, 13:52
Bought some Scotch Tape with a plastic dispenser attatched from the paper shop in Wick yesterday, cost around £3. 50. Saw the same one in Tesco this morning for £2.00 What a rip off !

Dadie
07-Aug-11, 14:04
It isnt surprising.
Smaller shops have less of a stock and less buying power....but you got the sticky tape at a price you were willing to pay at the time you needed it.
If thats your only problem you are lucky!
Just put it somewhere safe so you can find it at Christmas...or you will have to buy another one!

sids
07-Aug-11, 14:43
What a rip off !

I get that!

Tackity Boo
07-Aug-11, 15:27
I know smaller shops have less stock and have to charge more but £1.50 on one small roll of tape! I thought that was a bit much. 50p or even £1 would have been plenty.

Corrie 3
07-Aug-11, 16:25
Not as big a rip-off as ScotRail.........

I dont drink any hot drink apart from hot water, I asked for one on the train and was charged £1.75p for a polystyrene cup full.

How big a rip off is that??????

C3.....:eek:[disgust][evil]

poppett
07-Aug-11, 18:02
Oh Corrie.........you could have bought a flask for that and taken your own water with you.

No wonder most of the train travellers I know take wine or gin on board to drink if hot water is that price.

overthewallandfaraway
07-Aug-11, 20:44
I know smaller shops have less stock and have to charge more but £1.50 on one small roll of tape! I thought that was a bit much. 50p or even £1 would have been plenty.

Here's and idea.................. put the tape to good use over your mouth and go away.........
is this the best your narow mind can muster to complain about, and I would bet your the first in line to agree Tesco is killing the small business. Well in your moment of madness you have just helped the small business, to your great expense though.... JC!!

Tackity Boo
07-Aug-11, 21:25
I would hate to waste the tape doing that!

binnes
07-Aug-11, 22:15

But without knowing what they paid for it and without knowing their overheads, I dont see how you can make comment on what is an acceptable margin for that shop.

I am taking it the shop didnt force you to part with your cash? So therefore at the time you went to pay for it, you must have felt the price was fair and reasonable.

Geo
09-Aug-11, 14:02
So therefore at the time you went to pay for it, you must have felt the price was fair and reasonable.

Have you never been in a position were you had to buy something you felt was overpriced?

Walter Ego
09-Aug-11, 15:31
Bought some Scotch Tape with a plastic dispenser attatched from the paper shop in Wick yesterday, cost around £3. 50. Saw the same one in Tesco this morning for £2.00 What a rip off !

For crying out loud.

steeko
31-Aug-11, 23:13
Have you never been in a position were you had to buy something you felt was overpriced?

Yes, every car I have ever bought

oldmarine
01-Sep-11, 01:03
It isnt surprising.
Smaller shops have less of a stock and less buying power....but you got the sticky tape at a price you were willing to pay at the time you needed it.
If thats your only problem you are lucky!
Just put it somewhere safe so you can find it at Christmas...or you will have to buy another one!
Very well stated Dadie. Couldn't have stated better myself.