PDA

View Full Version : funny but a bit worrying!

brandy
07-Aug-11, 06:48
ok, got a msg on facebook to call home.. so i did..
my mum told me i had received a letter from the court calling me up for jury duty!
she was really worried that it could affect my passport and what not if i was a no show..
i said, mom ive not even lied in the states since 99 much less been a resident in NC..
even so, im off to try and find a contact number to call the powers that be on monday!
the stupid letter didnt even have a number or email.. just a slip saying that if you do not accept jury duty
to fill out so that you can go before the judge and plead your case..
Jury duty is compulsory you dont get a choice, and if you do not go.. they will come looking for you.
i did tell my mom that i would be willing to come if they would pay my expenses and loss of income costs! *G*

tonkatojo
07-Aug-11, 09:13
ok, got a msg on facebook to call home.. so i did..
my mum told me i had received a letter from the court calling me up for jury duty!
she was really worried that it could affect my passport and what not if i was a no show..
i said, mom ive not even lied in the states since 99 much less been a resident in NC..
even so, im off to try and find a contact number to call the powers that be on monday!
the stupid letter didnt even have a number or email.. just a slip saying that if you do not accept jury duty
to fill out so that you can go before the judge and plead your case..
Jury duty is compulsory you dont get a choice, and if you do not go.. they will come looking for you.
i did tell my mom that i would be willing to come if they would pay my expenses and loss of income costs! *G*

But Brandy it might be because you "lied" before 99 in the states.;)