PDA

View Full Version : Pet Food Challenge........

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
06-Aug-11, 10:58
Hi everyone as most of you will know and probably yawn at the fact but we have a shop in town supplying mostly equestrian goods and Dog food but also pet toys and some livestock products too.....

We are looking to expand our range of dog foods. Currently we keep in stock- Burns, Chudleys and Kildrummie at the moment so we're looking for your help not just for dogs but for rabbits, hamsters, fish, cats, horses etc....

What I want to know is what do you feed your pets and why and how much does it cost and do you have a problem sourcing it - some of my customers bring feed up in bulk from England because it's much cheaper to do so. We help them out with odd bags to tide over on some items as we can't compete on price but at other times they are suprised at how competitive we can be to online retailers etc!

Leanne
06-Aug-11, 11:56
Hi. Can you get Kildrummie crunch? It's the see through bag that looks like this... We're currently paying about £13 a 20kg bag

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/184093_10150334643915781_745240780_9974898_181297_ n.jpg

Also can you get Omega cat food - any flavour is fine :) I think the price we're paying is about £9 for 7.5kg

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
06-Aug-11, 12:49
Hey yeah - our Kilrdrummie crunch is plain brown biscuits and as far as i'm aware the picture you've shown me is Kildrummie Country Museli? last time I was selling it for around £12 a bag - so can certainly look to take it in for you!!! I'm off to look at Omega thanks Leanne!

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
06-Aug-11, 12:50
PS thanks to you know who for the Rabbit Food PM - but your inbox is full so can't reply - but i'll see what I can do - samples might be tricky but I can take in some small quantity bags - i'll phone the producers to check how much molasses there are.....

And thanks to another enquiry which means that the week after next we'll take in some ferret food!

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
06-Aug-11, 12:54
hey Leanne i'm a total fail on the OMega - yes I can get it in - but my book which is current offers me 2kg and 10kg bags no 7.5kg and they are £5 and £20 respectively!

Leanne
06-Aug-11, 12:58
hey Leanne i'm a total fail on the OMega - yes I can get it in - but my book which is current offers me 2kg and 10kg bags no 7.5kg and they are £5 and £20 respectively!

Maybe I'm the fail - I'll check later how big the bag actually is lol. My cats love it but hate EVERYTHING else (except tuna)

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
06-Aug-11, 16:12
Check it out and let me know - Thanks for the poultry question - we have got a new supplier for poultry feeds which is great and as of Monday our prices for Layers Pellets - £8.00 for 20kg , Mixed Grain £8.50 and Layers Mash £8.50 :-) All available for immediate delivery!!

orkneycadian
06-Aug-11, 16:29
What I want to know is what do you feed your pets and why and how much does it cost and do you have a problem sourcing it

Cooked rabbit
There's plenty of it going about / Its free (except for pellets - see below...)
Costs about £6 for 500 pellets, so if your good and don't miss, thats £6 for 500 rabbits! Cookers on anyway as well.
Not normally, as long as they breed like rabbits!

cat
06-Aug-11, 18:05
it would be good if you could get royal canin urinary for less than £67!!

Leanne
06-Aug-11, 18:37

For want of a better expression - WTF? Did you know the Omega food is urinary balanced? And much, much less! I know this because my old vet recommended it after my poor man had to be catheterised twice :( - he didn't stock any food in the practice btw

dragonfly
06-Aug-11, 19:05
I feed my 3 Burns, get it from Millbry Hill for £76 for 2 x 15kg bags delivered, if you can match that I'll buy from you

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
06-Aug-11, 21:14

Hey Cat I left my books in shop - but i'll find out on Monday for you!! Hopefully can!!

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
06-Aug-11, 21:17
Unfortunately not- they will take their Burns in Tonnes rather than my measly 200kg at a time - therefor they will be getting a significant trade discount that allows them to do that!!! But if you ever run short you know where we are dragonfly :-)

Having just look at their terms and conditions I wonder where you are located dragonfly as it states on their terms and conditions

Will I receive Free Delivery**

Our 3-5 working day delivery service is available free of charge on any order that is more than £40 in value AND is also 30kg or less in total weight.
We are not able to offer free delivery on any orders sent to Northern Ireland or Highlands and Islands including channel Islands.

So if the two bags cost £75.99 how do you manage to wangle free delivery presuming you are in the Highlands And Islands? I ran through process and it's costing me £87.99 (Delivery £12 for Highlands and Islands) for two bags of Chicken and Brown rice delivered and in which case yes I can beat that price!

Dadie
06-Aug-11, 21:38
Your in box is full..
But in short
Cat/rabbit/fish dont mind too much about brands
Hay 1 square bale shavings at 25 kg fine as long it will go through shed door.
but will need prices so I have money on me to cover it...and I would be able to collect on a sat (need big car and kids car seats removed for big pet shop)

cat
06-Aug-11, 21:41
cheers MA. i didnt know that leanne.old dog has kidney stones and i thought she had to stay on it for life!!my other dogs are all on omega,well most of the time. is it all the kinds of it that is urinary?

demac-artist
06-Aug-11, 22:10
Timothy hay the only place i can get is P@H so if you can off an alternative in bigger bags would gladly come buy
if you can get Degu nuggets and chinchilla nuggets I would be also down in a flash as P@H are the only suppler and they keep running out which is not good for any of my babies
De

dragonfly
07-Aug-11, 07:14
Having just look at their terms and conditions I wonder where you are located dragonfly as it states on their terms and conditions

Will I receive Free Delivery**

Our 3-5 working day delivery service is available free of charge on any order that is more than £40 in value AND is also 30kg or less in total weight.
We are not able to offer free delivery on any orders sent to Northern Ireland or Highlands and Islands including channel Islands.

So if the two bags cost £75.99 how do you manage to wangle free delivery presuming you are in the Highlands And Islands? I ran through process and it's costing me £87.99 (Delivery £12 for Highlands and Islands) for two bags of Chicken and Brown rice delivered and in which case yes I can beat that price!

I have always had free delivery with them, so unless they have changed it since my last order in June when I put in 2 separate orders (4 bags) if thats the case then they will be losing my business :-)

just put an order through and its free delivery

Burns Chicken & Lamb Mixed Bundle Deal - 2x 15kg £75.99

Sub Total: £75.99
Delivery: FREE
(VAT included: £12.67)
Grand Total: £75.99

cazmanian_minx
07-Aug-11, 08:43
The dogs have Skinners Field & Trial Maintenance - the nearest place that stocks the range is HIS in Inverness, so we just sling 4 or 5 bags in the car when we're down there. Mick says it was about £16 a 15kg bag last time he got it. Very, very good food for working dogs though.

Stefan
07-Aug-11, 10:01
Inbox still full

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
07-Aug-11, 10:08
Emptied Inbox Dadie - let me gather it together - and we do deliver if thats easier :-)

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
07-Aug-11, 10:10
I have always had free delivery with them, so unless they have changed it since my last order in June when I put in 2 separate orders (4 bags) if thats the case then they will be losing my business :-)

just put an order through and its free delivery

Burns Chicken & Lamb Mixed Bundle Deal - 2x 15kg £75.99

Sub Total: £75.99
Delivery: FREE
(VAT included: £12.67)
Grand Total: £75.99

I presume you just leave delivery option to UK Mainland then and don't put it to Highlands and Islands - I guess that's good for you and a bit silly for them if they haven't picked up on it :-)

binnes
07-Aug-11, 20:58
Isnt there something about getting it VAT free if your dog is a working dog?

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
09-Aug-11, 09:12
Hi you would only get it VAT free if it's a working dog food and was sold with no vat - if it's "pet dog" food your working dog the only way you could get the VAT back is if you claim it back through the inland revenue.

bullielove
09-Aug-11, 18:10
Hi there K o T

I would gladly buy off you had and was a similiar price to online. Currently I buy Ardens or James wellbeloved 15kg bags (2.5 per month). I only get from P.A.H. in emergencies as their prices too much

Sarah
09-Aug-11, 23:59

My gosh, that is the most I have ever seen it! Pet Planet does it about £40 ish.

Pony
10-Aug-11, 21:52
James well beloved ocean fish cat food?

george1234
11-Aug-11, 00:22
Don't suppose you can get cattle feed! preferably beef nuts (up to 17% protein).. thanks louise

george1234
11-Aug-11, 00:24
And also do you have beet pulp pellets? or shreds? also a price! thanks again louise

Mrs Bucket
12-Aug-11, 21:45
Where about are you in Wick.

Leanne
12-Aug-11, 22:10
MA thanks for the delivery :) Sorry about the smell in the garage - we got about 20kg of bones and bits from the butchers for the dogs - smell rather bad!!!

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
13-Aug-11, 16:37
MA thanks for the delivery :) Sorry about the smell in the garage - we got about 20kg of bones and bits from the butchers for the dogs - smell rather bad!!!

haha didn't even notice - nose choked full of cold - museli be in Tuesday - waiting for delivery date for Omega?

Mrs Bucket we are 10/12 Kirk Lane Wick - and to everyone else- will manage to get more prices soon - i'm currently at home with cold and all literature in shop :-)

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
13-Aug-11, 16:39
And also do you have beet pulp pellets? or shreds? also a price! thanks again louise

Hey yes we have Sugar Beet Pellets and Shreds - shreds are £6.50 and will likely stay that way for a while - Pellets are £7 right now but look to go up but ever hopefully they'll go down - I know i'm not that competitive on the beet prices.

As for cattle feed yes I can do it but in 20kg bags - i'm off to look at 17% protein price but obviously not as competitive as bulk load or tonne bags - might look to sell in Tonne bags if enough demand and I look into the regulations for bagging etc.

george1234
14-Aug-11, 00:44
brilliant to know about the tonne bags. get a price on the cattle between 15-17%. and gimmi a price on a whole tonn from youre supplier! :) thanks so much

Max
20-Aug-11, 13:01
Hi MA - how much do you charge to deliver horse feed near Thurso? Must get myself organised this year and order from you! :)

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
22-Aug-11, 23:36
Hi MA - how much do you charge to deliver horse feed near Thurso? Must get myself organised this year and order from you! :)

Hey if you let me know what you feed all prices include delivery :-) Plus past Thurso once or twice everyweek so its no hassle :-) Cheers :-)

Robinwood
24-Aug-11, 05:00
Unfortunately doc of my pet recommended us to just provide a natural diet to it like Curd rice or a half egg with rice and some boiled vegetables with rice etc... Sorry but i guess i can visit your shop for some toys or for bones etc ! :Razz