PDA

View Full Version : Freeview

Liz
05-Aug-11, 18:18
Has anyone else with Freeview had a reduction in signal strength and quality ?

I had hoped it was due to foggy weather but still having problems today.:(

This is the first time in a couple of years that this has happened and am not sure what is causing it. There isn't any transmitter work being carried out.

Liz
05-Aug-11, 18:20
Forgot to say that the channels affected are in Mux 1 and 2 with 2 being worst affected.

John Little
05-Aug-11, 18:47
We have Freeview. When it works it's great.

But on very sunny days there's lots of interference and some channels we cannot get.

For this they shut the analog...

Liz
05-Aug-11, 19:38
Well mine seems to be getting back to normal so goodness knows what the problem was.

High pressure can affect the signal John but I usually get a great signal and, as I said, haven't had problems for years since I got a new aerial with a booster.

orkneycadian
12-Aug-11, 20:09
Never a problem over here, even though the signal comes from Rumster. If you need a booster with your aerial, maybe you need a bigger aerial?

Liz
12-Aug-11, 22:32
Cheers orkneycadian but don't need a bigger aerial as have a new wideband aerial and the booster was only fitted when it was 'split' to go into a bedroom. :)

orkneycadian
14-Aug-11, 09:34
Ah, in that case a booster is a good idea! Trying to use one to compensate for a poor aerial never usually works very well!

Liz
14-Aug-11, 13:10
You'd be boosting a weak signal. :)

Liz
14-Aug-11, 18:56
Well I found out what the problem was!

There was OTA update for my PVR and when it retuned it must have tuned into the wrong channel on a couple of muxes.

On the correct channels now and signal strength and quality back up to normal. :)