PDA

View Full Version : Bella Bain

davelna
05-Aug-11, 11:46
I am trying to find information for a Bella Bain daughter ? illegitimate of Margaret Ross.
Margaret Ross had two other children, both illegitimate, William Bain b 1845, Bilbster and Alexander Henderson b 1846, Bilbster.
Margaret Ross was born 1824, in Canisbay, daughter of Samuel Ross b 1792 in Dunnet and Isabella Manson b 1792 Canisbay.

Can anyone help me with info for Bella Bain or any of the others?

David

Rosemary Skea
06-Aug-11, 01:59
I am trying to find information for a Bella Bain daughter ? illegitimate of Margaret Ross.
Margaret Ross had two other children, both illegitimate, William Bain b 1845, Bilbster and Alexander Henderson b 1846, Bilbster.
Margaret Ross was born 1824, in Canisbay, daughter of Samuel Ross b 1792 in Dunnet and Isabella Manson b 1792 Canisbay.

Can anyone help me with info for Bella Bain or any of the others?

David

Morning David

Margaret married William Bain at Watten on 14th June 1861. I presume he was the same William as she was staying with in the 1861 census at Drumdry. She was a servant, unmarried and he was a widower and farmer.

I think she died in 1870 in Wick aged 46 but you will need to access a death certificate for confirmation.

In the 1871 census, I found William Bain, widower aged 61, living at Janetston in Wick. Family - Alexander, aged 9, Isabella aged 7 and Elizabeth aged 5. I think this could be the family and the Bella you are looking for.

Rosemary

davelna
06-Aug-11, 10:09
Hello Rosemary,

Thankyou for your reply. The information appears to fit. Bella Bain was witness at my GtGrandfather`s wedding (David Campbell) 1885 in Janetston but have not been able to establish who she was.

David

Mamie_2
23-Aug-11, 14:48
William Bain and Margaret Ross had two legitimate daughters
Isabella in 1865 and Elizabeth in 1866. They also had a son Alexander Bain on Dec 30, 1861.

davelna
23-Aug-11, 15:05
Thankyou for your reply. I an pretty sure that is the Bella I am looking for. Now all I have to do is find out what happened to her.
Many thanks
David