PDA

View Full Version : Home made nuclear reactor

badger
04-Aug-11, 20:55
A Swedish man, who obviously has never heard of "Don't do this at home" tried to make a nuclear reactor in his kitchen with ingredients bought on ebay :eek: :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b012wzpd (http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b012wzpd) scroll in 23 mins.

Angel
04-Aug-11, 21:03
In a few years time they will be available from B&Q.

Angel...

Phill
04-Aug-11, 21:53
What a stupid clown!

He should have never had told the authorities what he was doing. Anyways, me and Ducati have been at this for a long while now, we've nearly cracked it.

badger
04-Aug-11, 22:13
Whose kitchen are you using Phill?

Phill
04-Aug-11, 22:32
Wifey slung me out of the kitchen, was using the loft until I had to enlarge the pressure vessel and couldn't fit it through the hatch. In the shed now.

ducati
04-Aug-11, 23:23
Wifey slung me out of the kitchen, was using the loft until I had to enlarge the pressure vessel and couldn't fit it through the hatch. In the shed now.

Cracked? CRACKED??? Run fer yer lives! :eek:

Torvaig
04-Aug-11, 23:56
Cracked? CRACKED??? Run fer yer lives! :eek:

What is cracked; you or the reactor? ;)

Rheghead
05-Aug-11, 00:00
total crackpot

gollach
05-Aug-11, 01:17
He's working on the right lines. A kitchen is required to do this stuff - essentially any room with a microwave will do. However, please advise the appropriate authorities before conducting an experiment. It might *look* as if nothing has happened but the reality can be frighteningly different and break several international conventions!

Mystical Potato Head
05-Aug-11, 13:17
Police became suspicious when they saw the "Gone Fission" sign on the kitchen window................................ I'll get me coat.

Dadie
05-Aug-11, 13:27
Wasnt there a Boy Scout in America trying to do the same thing in his shed a few years ago?
Think it was around 2006-2008.
He caused loads of contamination in his neighbourhood.
I must google "homemade nuclear reactors" ............
I could do with a new hobby!

Hmmn maybe knitting might just be safer.....:lol:

Phill
05-Aug-11, 14:18
What is cracked; you or the reactor? The first reactor cracked and fell over (that's when I got slung out of the kitchen), I just dumped it at the bottom of a field along with some farmers rubbish. It'll degrade down eventually.

total crackpotYer just jealous 'cos you didnea think of it.

A kitchen is required to do this stuff - essentially any room with a microwave will do.I ran an extension lead out the shed for the microwave. Tick!
However, please advise the appropriate authorities before conducting an experiment.Duh! This is how the Swedish fella got caught.
.......and break several international conventions!Conventions schmentions.

Torvaig
05-Aug-11, 16:56
[QUOTE=Phill;875719]

I'll degrade down eventually.

Don't we all! ;)

Phill
05-Aug-11, 20:38
I'll degrade down eventually.

Don't we all! ;)

Hmmm. Typo! Seems my laptop starts melting when I take it out to me shed, the keys stick together, the screen goes funny and I start getting dizzy which doesn't help.

Dunno why. :confused