PDA

View Full Version : Remember, remember the 5th of November

fender
04-Aug-11, 07:37
This is not the 5th of November. Those letting all the fireworks of last night at 11.30 pm in Wick need to check their calenders!!!!!!!!!!!

Phill
04-Aug-11, 09:12
Thought there was, the missus looked at me as if I were daft when I said I'd heard the wooshing of fireworks.

rob1
04-Aug-11, 09:33
I had no idea that fireworks were for the exclusive use on bonfire night!

Torvaig
04-Aug-11, 09:51
I'd imagine it was for someone's birthday or similar......

Gronnuck
04-Aug-11, 13:08
The use of fireworks is an environmental protection issue and governed by law. Fireworks should not be used between 11.00PM and 7.00AM with a few exceptions, usually for festive occasions. Unfortunately catching the culprit/s is often difficult since the 'offence' lasts such a short time.
Unfortunately in any community there will always be a small anti-social element who can't/won't think beyond their own immediate self gratification.

fender
04-Aug-11, 13:16
The use of fireworks is an environmental protection issue and governed by law. Fireworks should not be used between 11.00PM and 7.00AM with a few exceptions, usually for festive occasions. Unfortunately catching the culprit/s is often difficult since the 'offence' lasts such a short time.
Unfortunately in any community there will always be a small anti-social element who can't/won't think beyond their own immediate self gratification.

They would not have had a view of the fireworks in the sky. The fog was that thick that you could not see across the street. Perhaps it was the noise they liked. I know where they can go to get some noise.

embow
04-Aug-11, 18:25
If it was a rocket (or maybe two of them) then it is an easy way to let all interested know that a new 'supply' has arrived in town.

annemarie482
04-Aug-11, 18:37
If it was a rocket (or maybe two of them) then it is an easy way to let all interested know that a new 'supply' has arrived in town.

i too have heard this! apparently a common signal used by a particular family......

philupmaboug
04-Aug-11, 18:58
That will be why the dog squad are in Wick at the moment, the KNOCK KNOCK coming......and you can hear the toilets flush as you read this ;)