PDA

View Full Version : How many trampolines are there!!

grantyg
30-Sep-06, 11:44
Is it just me or are there a huge number of gardens now housing trampolines!

our neighbour has one and it is a pain in the ****, noisey kids screaming like nutters - hang on I`m sounding like Victor Meldrew!

I had a flying lesson recently and what was apparent was a huge number of trampolines in back gardens - I reckon if there is an asteroid strike we will be fine, they will just bounce back into space.

Still I have my secret weapon to get the kids of the trampoline------
A well trained Pussy cat!

http://fracturedaxel.co.uk/phpBB2/images/nickpage/3241159612565.jpg

willowbankbear
30-Sep-06, 12:04
Yer right, Victor Meldrew would be a great moniker for ye. How can you not want to have a wee bounce on the trampolines? I cant wait till my wee boy gets older & he gets one. Then Ill have an excuse

luskentyre
30-Sep-06, 12:07

I know what you mean! I was on a plane flying into Wick the other week and you could see loads of blue (always blue) trampolines dotted around on the ground. I'm guessing Homebase were selling them?!

That said, I'd quite like one myself - but might be a tad old...

changilass
30-Sep-06, 12:07
Bear, you don't need little bear to turn into mini bear as an excuse, they are great for excersise anyway, and even at his tender age I think you would find that little bear would love to play out in the garden on the trampoline with daddy bear and mummy bear.

Go for it:lol:

Cattach
30-Sep-06, 12:40

our neighbour has one and it is a pain in the ****, noisey kids screaming like nutters - hang on I`m sounding like Victor Meldrew!

I had a flying lesson recently and what was apparent was a huge number of trampolines in back gardens - I reckon if there is an asteroid strike we will be fine, they will just bounce back into space.

Still I have my secret weapon to get the kids of the trampoline------
A well trained Pussy cat!

http://fracturedaxel.co.uk/phpBB2/images/nickpage/3241159612565.jpg

Better to have a trampoline in the environment than a noisy, air poluting flying machine contributing to global warming. Planes are OK as a necessity but not as a play think for 'grown up' kids.
PS I have been looking for well trained Pussy for years!

BRIE
30-Sep-06, 12:56
we are the only garden in a row of 6 that doesnt have one. im always telling my children how dangerous they are but they still want one.There even more dangerous when u come home after a few drinks & think its a good idea to jump on one & proceed to break your pinkie!!(oops!)

saxovtr
30-Sep-06, 13:05
trampolines are ace....when i come home after a night out lol there is 1 next door just have to negotiate a cuple of walls and im there,dont think it wud do my insides much good but hey its all good crack,just as long as there aint trained pussy cats hanging about i maybe cum out worse for wear lol

connieb19
30-Sep-06, 13:13
trampolines are ace....when i come home after a night out lol there is 1 next door just have to negotiate a cuple of walls and im there,dont think it wud do my insides much good but hey its all good crack,just as long as there aint trained pussy cats hanging about i maybe cum out worse for wear lol
Surely when you've got your Superman suit on there's no stoppng you lol. :eek:

willowbankbear
30-Sep-06, 14:13
As long as its not a souped up wheelie bin, he`ll be ok

zappster
30-Sep-06, 14:19
haha What a great post

Billy Boy
30-Sep-06, 15:10
http://x91.xanga.com/1de883424913323237696/b16445082.jpg

who says there just for little kids[lol]

willowbankbear
30-Sep-06, 15:56
http://x91.xanga.com/1de883424913323237696/b16445082.jpg

who says there just for little kids

"Bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy na na na na na na, Bouncy Bouncy bouncy bouncy na na na na na na.[lol]

obiron
30-Sep-06, 16:02
my two would like a trampoline but dad says no. not that keen myself cos the youngest broke his wrist in 2 places falling of one.

changilass
30-Sep-06, 16:12
I allways assumed they were reasonably safe as long as you had the safety net:confused

Bobinovich
30-Sep-06, 17:43
We're another neighbourhood full of them - 4 out of 5 houses in a row (including ours) have them. They've kept countless local kids (big & small) amused over the summer but we're just 'put it to bed' for the winter!!!

As far as safety is concerned we've had no accidents other than when multiple kids (or adults, ahem!:roll: ) have been on, even those have been minor - bumps & scrapes.

Great fun and exercise - just make sure you take a leak first 'cos they do weird things to full bladders!

BTW Luskentyre you're never too old to have a trampoline [lol]

Lavenderblue2
30-Sep-06, 17:56
We're another neighbourhood full of them - 4 out of 5 houses in a row (including ours) have them...

Great fun and exercise - just make sure you take a leak first 'cos they do weird things to full bladders!

Oh! Maybe that's how all those accidents happen Bob! The mind boggels :eek:

LB

Bobinovich
30-Sep-06, 18:02
Oh! Maybe that's how all those accidents happen Bob! The mind boggels :eek:

LB

Ma sore back was nothing to do with a trampoline - needless to say I'm no takin' a toothbrush to ma alloys again!!!:~(

star glazer
30-Sep-06, 18:05
Indeed, life has it's ups and downs.Who needs a trampoline! [lol]

Lavenderblue2
30-Sep-06, 18:10
Ma sore back was nothing to do with a trampoline - needless to say I'm no takin' a toothbrush to ma alloys again!!!:~(

What are you like Bob? - you've got to be careful now - you're not getting any younger.

ahem - I'm not saying a word about me of course....:roll:

LB

2051donna
30-Sep-06, 18:59
My 2 year old has a 12 foot one. We love it. We all use it. Great exercise

mums angels
30-Sep-06, 21:47
my kids have just got one and they absoulutly love it and so far my neighbours all think its great fun for the kids and they all fancy having a shot themselves....i think one was getting a little worried when we were putting it up incase we put it to near his house but we try to be good neigbours and put it as far away as possible. all the neighbourhood kids come and have ago.....at leat there on that and not terrorizing neigbours ....

and on the subject of neigbours with cats , i wish they could keep them from pooing in other peoples gardens...cats are more of a nuisence than trampolines if you ask me, my one year old can't go out in the garden until i've vetted it for cat poo!!!

now don't get me wrong i have nothing against cats in general just them doing there business in my garden

Cedric Farthsbottom III
30-Sep-06, 23:07
Its the latest craze...it was the same in ma day if ye didnae have Ker Plunk ye were a square.:lol: :lol:

angela5
30-Sep-06, 23:10
Its the latest craze...it was the same in ma day if ye didnae have Ker Plunk ye were a square. :lol:

Ker Plunk!:lol: what aboot mouse trap?

Cedric Farthsbottom III
30-Sep-06, 23:23
Ker Plunk!:lol: what aboot mouse trap?

Mouse Trap....aaahh memories the game didnae end until the wee guy dived into the pool wi' nae water....although we used to fill his bucket up wi Cola Cremola Foam:lol: Then the trap came doon and caught the moose.....bliss!!!!