PDA

View Full Version : freeview

Tristan
29-Sep-06, 20:45
We have freeview. As you changed channels we used to get channel and program information. Now we are receiving "No Event Information" Is anyone else getting this message and does anyone know why it is gone?

Thanks

Kaishowing
29-Sep-06, 20:59
It's happened a few times to me as well....Sometimes I think that it's just one of those wierd gliches that happens when things get more sophisticated. I've sorted it by unplugging the set-top-box and waiting a minute before switching back on.....Also a reinstall/scan of the channels can fix it.....and the last reason is a transmitter on reduced power.
Can't be more help than that.....same old story really....the more sophisticated something gets, the more little problems that can crop up. Thankfully it's a very minor one though.

chaz
29-Sep-06, 21:01
Hi, ours has started playing up also, scrambled channel or no event information comes up.But not all the time, used to work perfect

Buttercup
29-Sep-06, 21:22
Mine takes a gee and does that from time to time. The only way I've found to fix it is to switch off TV and the Freeview box. Then remove the all the plugs from the sockets and wait a couple of minutes. The put the plugs back in and switch on again and rescan the channels. This seems to give it a kick start most of the time.Hope this helps. :D

Tristan
30-Sep-06, 13:51
Thanks everyone. Unplugging and plugging in the unit seems to have fixed it. Now if someone can find a cure for all the dire programs our TV license is paying for I will eternally grateful.

Kaishowing
30-Sep-06, 14:10
Thanks everyone. Unplugging and plugging in the unit seems to have fixed it. Now if someone can find a cure for all the dire programs our TV license is paying for I will eternally grateful.

Dunno about the programmes...but I'm pretty hacked-off that the Post Office has lost the right to sell the TV licence. It was easy payng the bills at the same place...Electricity, phone and TV licence either paid by swipe card or stamp weekly....Not any longer![evil]
Gripe over LOL

Buttercup
30-Sep-06, 14:23
Dunno about the programmes...but I'm pretty hacked-off that the Post Office has lost the right to sell the TV licence. It was easy payng the bills at the same place...Electricity, phone and TV licence either paid by swipe card or stamp weekly....Not any longer![evil]
Gripe over LOL
You can still pay everything in the one place, but you'll have more choice about where. Any shop that displays the yellow PAYPOINT sign.:D

crayola
01-Oct-06, 00:08
You can pay all those things by direct debit. Gas too. Out of sight out of mind. It's like I don't pay them at all. :cool: